Movie / DVD [Musical] AKB49~Renai Kinshi Jourei~ The Musical (14/09/11) to (14/09/16)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 3, 2014.

1. d2K18VPcOA

d2K18VPcOA Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsumurakaori

if the video does not show watch the video here

2. KizunaKun

KizunaKun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Awww I was looking forward to seeing Sae in super blond but I guess this is OK also :p

3. hikariayaka

hikariayaka Kenkyuusei

It's musical right? Why the management didn't choose good singers? Some of the cast sucks in singing.
    Did they really practice?

4. Muni

Muni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    I wasn't expecting much of this play but from the previews it seems quite fun. Sae isn't a good singer at all but she improved a lot actually and maaaaannnnn I'm ALWAYS impressed with her dancing. She fits the role perfectly as well but I have to watch the whole play to have a better opinion about her acting though...
    (But the concept of girl pretending to be a boy that's pretending to be a girl is quite.... Eh?)

Loved that they used Scandalous ni Ikou!
    Hope that they realease a DVD because I want to watch it :)

5. USA48

USA48 Kenkyuusei

I went to this play tonight. I really enjoyed it. I guess I'll give a mini report:

So going here was cool. The theater has around 1000 seats. So it's 4 times bigger than AKB's theater, but much smaller than sometime like Tokyo Dome or Ajinomoto stadium, so there was still a bit of an AKB theater feel to it. I was in the 11th row near the middle, so I had a great view. I could see everyone's face well with the naked eye.

The audience was what you'd expect from an AKB performance, mostly 20-40-year-old men, a few fashionable ladies, some tomboyish Sae look-a-likes, Mako Kojima, some older men...

What?!? Mako Kojima?! Yes, 5 minutes before the show, Mako Kojima herself took a seat in the 7th row on the right side. Moe Aigasa was also in attendance. But of course she would be...
    You know, it's starting to get a little crazy. Moe Aigasa has been a part of every AKB48 event I've been to, and I'm not doing it on purpose. I see a Team K show, she's there. I see a Team 4 show, she's there. I end up shaking her hand at the handshake event, though I didn't buy a ticket for her. And now, at an event that was not including Moe Aigasa in anyway, she shows up to watch at the same day and same time I do. Fate must want us together...

So it's cool to be a co-audience member with Mako Kojima. And that answers my question of who's playing Yoshinaga tonight. I really like Mako-chan, but I think Nana Owada looks more like Yoshinaga from the manga. Today, i feel like I saw both. Cool.

So they sang a lot of AKB songs including: Seishun Girls, Miniskirt no Yosei, Scandalous ni Ikou, Oogoe Diamond, RIVER, AKB48, Uhho Uhho, Beginner (some of it), Aitakatta, and First Rabbit. Plus, a lot I didn't recognize (AKB has a lot of songs, alright.)

They follow the plot of the manga from the very beginning with the boys saying rude comments over the AKB gravure magazine (they used an actual copy of this year's Senbatsu Swimsuit Surprise during that scene, and one of the boys made a raunchy comment about Milky), up until when the Day X kenkyuusei show where they get the 250th audience member and can remain idols.

They cut out a whole lot of things. I, among others on this forum, were curious about how they'd handle the scenes with the non-fictitious characters (Acchan, Yuko, Tomochin, etc.) and the answer was they just cut all of that out, no reference whatsoever. It's like they never existed. Producer Akimoto was represented only by an offscreen voice. The only real person played by an actor was the theater manager.

They also changed (and maybe added) some things. In the manga, Minori is injured when she collides with Okabe during a show. In this version, she was hit by a car. Another difference was in the manga, Producer Akimoto buys the last ticket on the Day X show, where in the play, the teacher otaku from Minori & Yoshinaga's school buys the last one after a mystery man offers him 10,000 yen for his snack.

They also had a part where Minoru is a baseball player before he meets Yoshinaga, but injures his elbow and has to quit. I certainly don't remember reading that in Volumes 1-5 of the manga, although maybe it's mentioned later. (I've only read up to the 5th volume)

My Critique of the Show
    I thought this show benefitted form two stellar performances on the part of Sae Miyazawa and Nana Okada. Sae-chan is very convincing as a boy. She adopts a deep voice she uses when she's playing Minoru and then uses her real voice when she's playing Minori. Her singing wasn't great, but then again, she's playing a character who's supposed to be a boy without any vocal training who decides to become an idol on a whim, so it worked for me. I don't feel like I'm familiar enough with the Japanese language or Japanese acting to critique her acting performance, but I will say her stage presence was great. Her dancing was spot on, and she commanded the stage whenever she was on it. It was fantastic to see her centering a Team K song in the show, and for the finale, we got to see her dance and lead her AKB group with a style and grace that shows she really belongs back in Tokyo, enough of this China business.

Also....HOLY CRAP!!................. Nana Okada!!
    She was a minor character in this play, but she really lit up the stage whenever she was on it. With every dance number, the audience were given a treat by her energetic personality, her stunning dance moves, and her sexy body. She nailed her solo during the audition scene, and she showed convincing emotion during her acting. I can't get enough of this girl.

Now was it the best AKB show I've ever seen? Will this play win any Tony awards? No. The singing had it's weak points. Some of the songs sounded just great, others, and I'm saying this as a fan, made my ears hurt. I think part of it is that when a song you're used to hearing sung by 16 people is sung by only one member who doesn't usually sing it, of course it won't sound as good. Also, it was a bit of a low budget number, and it was clear they didn't have the resources and equipment to create the stunning visuals and audio you see at a big dome concert.

That said, the performance was a h*ll of a lot of fun. If you're an AKB fan or have even a passing interest in Sae-chan or Naachan, you were in heaven (and this is coming from someone who didn't understand any of the jokes or the dialogue). I think AKB's music catalogue lends itself well to musicals, and should they decide to do another one, I'll sign up for a ticket. :)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  6. チームさや姉推し

チームさや姉推し Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Uwa I'm proud of Nana~ how was Akarin?

7. USA48

USA48 Kenkyuusei

Akarin did well. She had this great number where her character is introduced as the taskmaster of the kenkyusei and has this whip and looks delightfully evil. She also looked great in a midriff baring costume during the kenkyuusei's "stage show". For me, she didn't stand out as much as Sae and Nana did, but I wouldn't doubt that others watching the same show would say differently. (maybe I'm a little pro-Sae/Naachan biased. [hehe])

8. チームさや姉推し

チームさや姉推し Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    That's fine haha Nana's one of my favourites so I would be too. I'm really happy they did so well. I was excited about Akarin specifically bc I think she really looks the part

山本彩 ー 神推し

9. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    A nice read once again, USA48!

10. Sae Chan

Sae Chan Member

Member of The Institute for Miyazawa Sae Worship
    Oshimen:
    Miyazawa Sae
    Twitter:
    SaeChanOshi33
    Can't to see this show!

11. LupinIII

LupinIII Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
  12. LupinIII

LupinIII Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    [​IMG]

pre-order for the DVD and Blu-ray releases of the Musical 「AKB49 Renai Kinshi Jourei」 has begun.

http://shopping.akb48-group.com/dvd/akb48_musical_akb49/
    http://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-11975273727.html

DVD

・DVD 3 discs
    Disc1: Kojima Mako version
    Disc2: Owada Nana version
    Disc3: Making of MUSICAL AKB49~Renai Kinshi Jourei~
    ・booklet 16 pages
    ・3 random photos

http://shopping.akb48-group.com/products/detail.php?product_id=22331&akb48

Blu-ray

・Blu-ray 3 discs
    Disc1: Kojima Mako version
    Disc2: Owada Nana version
    Disc3: Making of MUSICAL AKB49~Renai Kinshi Jourei~
    ・booklet 16 pages
    ・3 random photos

http://shopping.akb48-group.com/products/detail.php?product_id=22332&akb48

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  13. Kairi65

Kairi65 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui01
    If i'm not mistaken, this years play is by all SKE48 members?

14. LupinIII

LupinIII Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
  15. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Your name seems familiar..? Anyway, yep~ This is year is all SKE~

16. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Since the previous video link posted has been removed,
    here's the official upload from AKB's official youtube channel.

Promo video for AKB49 musical's DVD & Blu-ray release -

I can't wait to watch this, it looks so nice! Naanya & Mako <3

17. yukiDARUMArin

yukiDARUMArin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    is there a thread for ske48 version? if not i saw this picture and their version seems it's going to be nice..
    [​IMG]

18. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    No thread for SKE musical, only here. It's appropriate anyway.

19. USA48

USA48 Kenkyuusei

I can't believe Sae-chan's not coming back for this year's show. She is in SKE48 after all.

20. Sae Chan

Sae Chan Member

Member of The Institute for Miyazawa Sae Worship
    Oshimen:
    Miyazawa Sae
    Twitter:
    SaeChanOshi33
    @USA48 I think they mention some where that Sae was in the AKB vers she can't be in the SKE vers

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015