Single Nogizaka46 13th (Ima, Hanashitai Dareka ga Iru) (15/10/28)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 10, 2015.

1. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

At Akb48 are there facts about what is most times at center anyway there different choose system at Nogizaka 46 ?

2. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Sorry, I can't. I will always disagree to the decision of keeping the same center for many many times. Yes, even it's my own oshimen Maiyan and Ikuchan. And even more when the center is hardly popular. It's always good to see a new face at center.
    And to be honest, I don't really care about the sales or "surpassing AKB" thing. Of course it's good that they sell. But even if the sales stay stagnant or drop slightly as long as they continue, it's fine for me.
    But we all can agree to disagree.

3. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Reading the posts i'm so happy alot of people are rooting for Miririn!!!!!

4. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Lets seen are Maaya and Himetan at Coupling song C ( again?) . Or at like 10 at B and C. But, what like music that are? It was us question, but know that already someones?
    I really hope that "Softdisko" style continue... but sometimes it must " test stick at ice" . And even style keep same it should also (at my opinion) sounds at natural, not diskomachineĀ“s do.

5. Faizulhakim

Faizulhakim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    I bet Ikuchan will be center for this single

6. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    for every 10 ikoma haters there's less than 5 ikoma supporters.lol

7. rust

rust Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    Rusted_Van
    If dancing is the metric to centre than why not have rottii, kana, sayu, or reika? The way I'm seeing it you think Ikoma makes a great centre & that's fine altho I disagrees but if the metric to back up Ikoma as a suitable centre is going to shift to the weakness of the members she's compared to that's not convincing. & also, why zero in on nanamin? There's many other talented popular members that can centres as well. Lastly I won't say I know how many supporters for Ikoma there is for 10 who don't lol (& bear in mind just because someone doesn't support her push or as centre doesn't make one a hater), but I'm guessing you didn't base that statement on something concrete either.

But sure moving on to the notion that it doesn't matter whom centres 22 times. I think the idea of a perma centre have nvr been too popular (or necessarily worked out that well) for 48 groups even, & it's even less popular for nogi fandom. With such a strong roster of members similar enough in popularity relatively speaking, why does there have to be a perma centre? Having rotating centres for different styles & different experimentation is great imo, as long as it's reasonably done.

8. Kawaki Otsutsuki

Kawaki Otsutsuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    you said you like sports analogies which is fine so here's the most important part of sports if your starter is winning games as a GM do you pull your starting QB or your starting point guard or your starting goalie out because the fans want to see rotation ?no you don't pull your starting QB for fans if they're winning this is a business not a little league team at the recreation center

9. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    While your points are strong, I think you forget that we're also talking about centers and pushes.

Yes, AKB is by and large the biggest idol group ever. That being said, plenty of other large ones have existed in the past (Sakurakkogumi, Onyankoclub, even H!P), and no matter the size you'll always run into the problem of who to prioritize in singles.

What made 48g radical was the ability of fans to directly say "this is our pick". That just wasn't possible with any other groups.

Edit: on Rina... I find it hard to believe that any nogi-oshi would ever buy a single to support a girl they don't care about. Hakooshi are strong, but they don't throw around money wantonly - they just target concerts and singles of their favorite group. There is nothing at all to show that Rina being senbatsu was a result of hakooshi voting for her. If anything, the evidence given shows that more likely than not they actually refused to.

10. rust

rust Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    Rusted_Van
    I'm neutral toward sport analogies actually, not sure how we got into using it initially lol

But anyways back to your point. Your analogy have two problems imo, the first one is that while fans have no direct influence on a sport team's performance on the field, arguably fan popularity is the field performance for idols. As I have said before, idols don't do scoring or other sport like things to win a game like a sport team, but popularity is a good parallel. You are right this is a business not a little league team at rec centre, which is why fan opinions, which is basically customer opinions, matters.

Second problem is what lead to the conclusion that the starter is "winning the game"? Like I said previously, it's obviously not because she's scoring points like a real sport team. It's also not fan opinion. What is the metric then? Once again it is unspecified, & really this latest analogy is just a reiteration that "the starter is the best because mngmng said so initially" imo, hardly a ringing convincing point.

11. Kawaki Otsutsuki

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    the fact ikoma is such a controversial figure proves alone she's winning ikoma is obviously important otherwise we wouldn't be discussing her keep in mind it's the debate if she should stop being center or not that keeps her popularity or what little popularity she has going and controversy is fames best friend see i'm thinking about this from a business savy perspective it don't matter what i think or what you think or anyone here thinks it only matters what management thinks and if they see fit to keep her around tough shit deal with it heh because everyone here who's a fan of nogi46 will still listening to their songs

12. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Yeah... or try do it...

13. mb1619

mb1619 Kenkyuusei

Its all well and good to say that ikoma controversy brings attention- its true. However this was not how Nogizaka46 was supposed to operate. Part of the original concept was that the group wouldnt have an election but would instead be very responsive to the fans ratings of the girls, something which now clearly isn't the case.

14. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Reading Himetan blog... and it comments... it seems at some at ... how say? wanna know her role and other thinks at now at single 13...
    (Also Itos)
    Too early waiting at these facts, i think that message will be at Summer TourĀ“s last place, although that like was too much Babymetal- style...

But... let see what future tells...

15. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I guess the main question is: how the heck do you even judge popularity?

This is something that I've been grappling with for a while. It's not like HS alone are an indicator - though it's a starting point. Even for groups as a whole there are a slew of factors (radio plays, sales, concert tickets, DVD/BR sales, that Nikkei Ent graph, even Billboard and their weird Twitter+SM formula) that you could really refer to, and each one has its own problems.

Ultimately, Rina has been selected for whatever reason. Both she and Ikuchan seem to me the closest to Acchan in Nogi46 (the type of personality that both draws you in and emphasizes those around her), and I'm guessing management agrees since they seem to be picking Rina for center a lot.

16. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Just truth. It's difficult.

17. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    To be fair, there isn't much to suggest her hardcore fanbase got her there alone either. If they had 40K+ of voting power to spend on the rival group's single then why hasn't that same power been reflected in HS for the singles of her actual group? Like not even once? They don't spend much on her photos if her prices on the shop are any indication. She hasn't had any photobooks or a regular modeling gig for them to sink money into (and honestly, I feel like mgmt would have done those things already if they felt she'd be profitable there). Sure, there's other non-monetary ways fans can show their support like social media and watching her TV appearances but we know idol otaku don't typically operate like that. So what is the Ikoma fund going towards when she's not participating in a 48G election?

Personally? I believe it was a combination effort from her hardcore fans and hako oshi. We can have our own beliefs over which side had the heaviest impact but unless someone manages to poll every person that dropped a vote for her, we'll never know for sure. There's pretty much no denying that a lot of Nogi fans didn't support her though, Nogi singles had reached the 500K+ sales mark by then and Ikoma didn't get even a quarter of that potential voting power.

They sure made it seem that way when they made such a silly fuss over their "selective" rotating senbatsu in the beginning. That quickly got shown up as a load of hot air though when the first single came around and the only girl in front row who actually looked like she belonged there was playing third fiddle to the two awkward, clumsy deer in headlights while all the other members quickly gaining traction with fans were either 2nd/3rd row or in UG. LOL

18. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

I can't believe us... Can we "talking" at single there?

19. Kawaki Otsutsuki

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    that first row comment about the clumsy deer in the headlight is sooo true though i agree so much

20. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Hypothetical at best, what would it take for you to believe that Rina isn't really a key figure in the Nogizaka fan base, removal from sembatsu and seeing it have very little impact in anything an Nogizaka Sembatsu election, where she ends up ranking after 16th place. It's not like i don't believe that Rina isn't all that popular in Sembatsu, i happen to believe that for one other member as well, but what does it take for fans of Rina personally to admit that she isn't all that popular in the group that there wouldn't be much of a loss with her gone?