Single Nogizaka46 13th (Ima, Hanashitai Dareka ga Iru) (15/10/28)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 10, 2015.

1. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    I wonder what or if there would be any ruckus at all if management dropped Rina from sembatsu entirely next single. Dropped her from shows and just used the spot to push more 2nd gens.

2. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Yes? Ikoma might not be loved, perse, but she definitely still is popular. HS isn't the only indicator of popularity.

I somehow doubt that ANY Nogi hako-oshi voted for her at all for SSK and she still managed to rank in. She's popular, just not top 5.

3. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    What's annoying in a group like Nogizaka is that an opportunity/exposure e.g. getting a center position, fukujin spots or senbatsu, are determined neither by popularity nor talent, rather it's determined by a very subjective and undisclosed criteria of the management. I can imagine how frustrating it is as a member, it's very hard to know what and how can one work hard for. As a fan, supporting your idol does not always mean she will be recognized.

4. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Just saying:

That's from the Nippon.com article on AKB48's election. So yeah, it is more unusual for fan popularity to determine placement in a group than the other way around.

We're just freaking spoiled because of 48G.

5. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

I can understand your frustration but the same thing could be said about Matsui Rena taking a Ngzk senbatsu spot.

I think Maiyan can pull off all seasons.

I think a member that may fall into this category was Kashiwa Yukina. Although she may have been close to Miyazawa Seira. I wonder if she will be ever be invited for special concert appearance like Seira and Yumiko. Highly unlikely for Yamato Tomato.

Regarding Miona's air drop, I'm sure there was some animosity amongst members. Same thing can be said about Manattan with slight displeasure from Naachan. It certainly created buzz and in the long run It benefitted Miona immensely. She does have the jump on 2nd Gen members and her HS numbers are good. I don't think she would be where she is at if she never was air dropped. Sure she is UG but I don't believe she will be hated once she returns to senbatsu and maybe center. So I agree with mgmt decision with Miona. I think this needs to happen with Ikomachan with dropping her to third row or maybe UG. This is the only way she can gain respect from antis. I just feel that mgmt doesn't want to look stupid with their investment in Ikomachan dropping her to third row or UG.

But let's face it, as I've said many times before, someone in mgmt or with overriding veto power loves Ikomachan. I like Ikomachan but she sadly gets hated on for mgmt's favoritism. So antis need to hate on mgmt NOT Ikomachan.

Anyway, I hope mgmt gives these two members another crack at senbatsu. Johnson could be included here too.
    image.jpg

I think Misa Senpai will finally make fukujin this time.

As for center, there is a very good chance that Ngzk will appear on Kōhaku this year. With that said, it is highly likely mgmt will put Ikomachan back again front center. Making Ikomachan centering more than half of Ngzk singles. I really hope this doesn't happen. I think they should promote an entire new center. Maybe someone like Ashu, Maimai, Captain or Nanamin.

6. mieniem

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    I honestly don't believe you, popular within other means of measure to justify her placement, believing that only Rina oshis fans and Rina oshi fans alone voted her into sousenkyo and if not top 5 more like barely top 20, i stand by my original belief that had management not pushed her so much straight from the beginning she would be just a regular under member that most fans barely bat an eyelash to.

7. whoopass

whoopass Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    ^nope i dont think so tho, Ikoma has this solid character that quite standout than most of the nogi girls which is good for variety. and thru variety, idols can get recognize by the public. so even if she wasn't push she can make it to senbatsu nevertheless

8. Kawaki Otsutsuki

Kawaki Otsutsuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    yea i think whoopass is right on the money here and i've been saying this too that ikoma has that something that management is so hooked on and she definitely is a unique character

9. mieniem

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Tell that to Boss (from HKT) or Chiyori or even Mayu Ogasawaru, it was also very well known that Rina at the beginning was deathly shy around the cameras and it took several singles till she became as confident at she is now (meaning she was really bad at variety), however as for unique.... well that be said about most girls in Nogizaka, however it also applies to appealing and to just oshiing to her, so i'm not dissuaded at all that overall she is not all that special for the push she receives. People would be defending anyone who gets trashed on this forum it happens all the time and it would have happened to the girl that might have gotten pushed instead if Rina wasn't given momentous push.

10. Kawaki Otsutsuki

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    here's the thing about ikoma from the beginning she auditioned just like everyone else i mean she didn't just show up and people looked at her and said we're making you the face of nogi46 haha i mean she earned her spot just like everyone else not to mention beat out hashimoto and matsumura who wasn't even picked originally so i mean there has to be something to the hardcore push people don't think she deserves

11. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

My face... I can't believe us...

12. rust

rust Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    Rusted_Van
    @piyochama it's an interesting read that article you quoted, thanks for linking it :D

On the subject in question with tho, I think a crucial difference was that prior to the advent of AKB, all these idol groups prolly have much much less members lol. That is why AKB came up with the senbatsu system, it was not practical to have all the members up front in the single releases. Now that there's the question of resource distribution (limited resources & exposure), it's natural that fans would want to (& should be able to imo) know the relative popularity of each members. I guess the SSK was kind of a reaction to this maybe (& a good way to make bucks of course lol)

With that in mind, I wouldn't called @baymon 's sentiment spoiled, I think rather it have a more important significance in this nogi's setting in fact.

@Takoyama
    yukinaaaa (cries sobs) she should have been given a chance we rly let a gem go lol T A T
    But back on topic yeah I agree she was clearly more distant from the rest of the group. She seemed so shy somehow lol. I always felt she have a lot of potential tho. She's auditioning for a model thing now btw, & she have a nice twitter account now. ^ ^

On Miona's airdrop, I can see what you mean & I think that's definitely a possibility. However Miona was doing great & was the top dog among Unders alrdy prior to her airdrop; so the way I see it is that have she been pushed less hard (maybe front? fukujin?) instead of airdropping to centre, things would have work out even better. My view is still that it was an ultimately bad decision akin to rushing a super draft pick to the big league (NHL reference lol)

I also agree ultimately frustration toward Ikoma's push should be put toward mngmnt instead of Ikoma herself. When the subject in question become one of whether Ikoma's worthy of the push or not tho (as it is now it seems) making that distinction can become tricky, altho I will try to abide by it.

On the question of how Ikoma would do if she was't the chosen one in the beginning, honestly I think it'd be hard to predict. Considering how reception to her push have been lackluster, I'm more on the side that she might not have stood out. As @mieniem said, yes I don't think she was particularly confident toward the cameras. Well it's true she has a unique character, but the same can be said of the many Unders member buried behind who could nvr dream of receiving the resources Ikoma has, so what is there to concretely suggest she's somehow superior to the others? I'm not dismissing that maybe she could make senbatsu or front even, but rly I see an equal possibility she could have become a perma-Unders.

I usually avoid the use of the terms like "earn" or "deserve", because on what basis on you judging her to have "earn" her spot & resources more so than other members like nanamin or sayurin? Hard work? If so that suggest others work less hard, & how would you know that? Some sort of character or aura? That is completely subjective & if it's only something seen by management but not most fans then it's not a good reason either.

13. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

I don't know about "earning" center spot initially. I think she was handpicked after Yoshimoto Ayaka had dropped. Her "beating out" members at center position for five consecutive singles in a row screams mgmt bias.

14. Kawaki Otsutsuki

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    you do have to audition to join these groups right ?so yea if you make the team you earned it right ?ok because ikoma was also a 1st round draft pick based on her auditions right ?so she has some skill no?because hashimoto and matsumura as i said weren't 1st round draft picks right ?so by skill she beat them right ?people say ikoma had a push from the start but i'm sure there's more to it

15. rust

Twitter:
    Rusted_Van
    hmm let's go thro the sport analogy completely then, I'm thinking of it from a hockey perspective so bear with me if it seems confusing lol

In NHL hockey there's line up, just to keep it simple there's like four rows of forwards per match & not everyone in the team get to always be on the line up, so it's kinda like senbatsu lol. The first row is the star row, kind of like front of nogi, usually with the best forwards. & yes they do draft, & the draft pick usually get sent to the farm team to train up first (think 48's KKS or maybe our Unders), but sometime the draft players that is considered real good get sent to the front line & even the first row lol (think Miona airdrop.)

So sure let just say Ikoma's a 1st round draft pic, cuz mngmnt sees something in her that we as fans simply don't. She gets to be in 1st row for this new team/idol group. However in a hockey game if you can't perform to the level expected of the 1st row eventually you're gonna get demoted one way or another. While yes for idol groups you don't score & stuffs but I think popularity is a good parallel.

& herein lies the problem, Ikoma's popularity have not been up to expectation. Like I said before, I don't fault mngmnt for choosing her in the beginning; someone got to be centre first & that's no easy decision to make in the beginning of the group with so little info. However after the first two or three singles it should have become very obvious that what mngmnt saw initially in this 1st rnd draft pick have not pan out. To say she somehow "beat" nanamin or sayurin (whom btw had to work their way into fukujin initially since they weren't even in the pre-debut fukujins) without citing exactly in what (& it's obviously not popularity) is not a strong argument. Just being the first choice of mngmnt isn't a ringing proof of some sort of mysterious skill, rather it sounds more like, as @Takoyama have said, blatant favouritism.

(wow this analogy is fitting in surprisingly well lol)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  16. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Not at all, Nhl at 4 attacks line but 3 defence, at Sm-Liiga ( Finlands top league) that was 4 both.

17. rust

Twitter:
    Rusted_Van
    yes four thanks for correction lol
    I skipped the defense part to keep it simple xD

18. Kawaki Otsutsuki

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    how many people have you seen say hashimoto can't dance as opposed to ikoma ?hashimoto is notorious for messing up it's a very strong argument haha it was a strong argument back a few yrs ago it's a strong argument now so let's drop that issue now back to the center thing it doesn't matter if ikoma or whomever is center 22 times long as records sells and for every 10 ikoma haters there's 10 supporters

19. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Sorry.
    So? What kind musik at 13 are? same like at 10-12 or was here Diskorock or... diskopunk or... diskojazz?

Anyway Diskorock and Diskopunk was so similar someones. Anyway, why couplings are so same ( anyway, not at that different at one song like at somewhat diskopunkmetal others two more typicall disko... like at happen that Girls rule single... ( talk now couplings))
    But diskorock song like One night carnival is ... nice fall singles one coupling... with or without Himetan.
    But name song at are (again) that soft disko?

But can be there are at cover at Akb48´s 13 th single... ( I know let others cover them).

20. Kawaki Otsutsuki

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    i get the feeling himetan is your #1 neko you asked about her alot ^^