Stage Team 4 [Yume wo Shinaseru Wake ni Ikanai] (2015/12/03 - 2018/05/18)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 14, 2015.

1. marumarumako

marumarumako Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kojima Mako
    I like the shonichi a lot :) The members are so pretty and they performed well. I can already see their chemistry as a new team. Of course it need some improvement but overall really good! Can't wait to see the cute photo group after

2. CherryBonchan

CherryBonchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Opening:
    I've never seen this stage before, so most of the songs & choreo are completely new to me...but the costumes & choreo still feel old? Not in a bad way, but to some it could push them away from how outdated some of these costumes/choreography/songs feel? Anyway, the opening set flows SEAMLESSLY from song to song, so much that it maybe does it too well? It's difficult to discern one song from the other in a memory, but experiencing/watching it-- it's really entertaining. Something I'll bring up again is intangibles? There's a costume change between Yume wo Shinaseru Wake ni Ikanai & Let's Get "Ato 1cm." Not only that, but the choreo breaks down thanks to the introduction of chairs? Let's Get "Ato 1cm" is the fun, random, "do whatever you want" song that makes rewatching performances entertaining & worthwhile.

Intros:
    For shonichi the rows & order were as follows:
    Front row: Miki, Sayaya, Juri, Mako, Saki, Mio
    2nd row: Ayaka, Miyabi, Nagisa, Saho, Komiharu
    Back row: Miyupon, Ryohatan, Naachan, Yuiringo, Izurina

Nagisa trolled Saho a bit by using Saho's hayai/osoi crowd calls, so GO WATCH THAT.

Bye Bye Bye:
    First impression of Mako, Mio, Saki: "Aamin/Harukyan/Mariyannu did it better."

No, but seriously, their voices all blend together too well; there's no distinction between them, except for, unbelievably, Saki's. So, GOOD THING, this is a 3-nin unit where it looks like Saki will start to standout. OTHER GOOD THING: the costumes actually fit these members LOL? Like, these same costumes certainly don't fit Aamin/Harukyan/Mariyannu where it's bloomer-flashes a minute. But it may be because they added a black slip to the skirt?

Hajimete no Jelly Beans & Tonari no Banana:
    HajimeteJelly: I don't care for this song, don't care for the choreo. I recognize that it's not a bad song-- it's just not my cup of tea. Maybe it'll grow on me. The choreo has an intangible where they throw plastic jelly beans into the audience? That could be fun & different from show to show. Miki, Sayaya, Ayaka is kind of a weird unit too-- you don't see them together often...but they all kinda have that snark?

TonariBanana: It's certainly not refined yet, but I couldn't think of a more fitting pair to replace Erepyon/Chiyuu [using this Juri Team 4]. Saho & Komi are the right mix of cute-idol & ero-idol for this dumb, lovely song. HOWEVER, this 2-nin *does* expose Saho's vocal skill for what it is while simultaneously highlighting Komi's increasingly powerful vocal skill...ALSO, the transition from HajimeteJelly > TonariBanana & TonariBanana > KiokuDilemma could be faster & more interesting...

Kioku no Dilemma, Confession, MC2:
    Kioku no Dilemma: Great song, awful costumes; Juri & Izurina's voice STAND OUT here against Nagisa & Miyabi's.

Confession: Look, you put Naachan & Yuiringo in a mic-stand sub-unit & tell them to rock the fuck out? They kill it, EVERY. NIGHT. That's what happened here & will, presumably, continue to happen. I have a problem with Confession-- I don't personally like the chorus, but it's pretty good. A problem is I'm comparing it to Bird & Itoshiki Natasha, soooo. Anyway, add Miyupon & Ryohatan, it's pretty dope. MC2 goes to this sub-unit, so get used to Naachan/Yuiringo/Miyupon talk LOL. ALSO, poor Miyupon must have a cold.

Ending set:
    Mori e ikou is an awful, monotone song-- it starts off making me wonder if it'll be amazing, but then only hit two types of notes [feels like] & just repeats until it ends. It's an awful song. Add to that pretty bland brown JK uniforms, some stiff choreo, and it's an awful stage performance.

I don't remember Ikirutte Subarashi, but it has a bit where they have to tie ties during the intro, which results in some having perfect knots & some [like Mio~] having horrible knots LOL. That's a fun intangible. Anyway, the reason I don't remember Ikirutte is because I've NEVER heard Seishun no Inazuma AND IT IS MY FUCKING SHIT. It's so different from AKB's usual stuff-- it's idol hip hop. It's dope af is what I'm saying. It's also the dance song of the night, so check out Mako & Ayaka's skills-- there's a segment in the choreo where they get someone to pop out & show off their moves, that'll be entertaining from show to show.

There's also a fun quiz/survey VTR on Miyabi after the first part of MC3 [which was Saki, Juri, Ryohatan, Yuiri, Izurina]. It'll be fun to see how they mess with VTRs if it keeps up. I thought VTR MCs were just a Nagoya thing. Y'know, because Tokyo is so goddamn busy LOL.

Anyway, Ai no Moufu is okay...might be better if seeing your oshi in a wedding dress is your thing idk.

Encore:
    I fell asleep & don't remember honestly? I remember being excited for 50% again, but after hearing it tonight, I realize it's the same verse over & over until the song ends...and the verse is chorus/versus/chorus, so it's REALLY repetitive. The other songs didn't strike me as ridiculously powerful showclosers...anyway...I like the awful costumes they wear; I've seen them before & I guess this is where they're from LOL.

Shonichi Impression:
    Shonichis are often the worst performance of a stage ever. It's the first performance, in front of a non-staff/member crowd, in full-dress, with a team & maybe some kennins you're not *that* familiar with yet...it's the worst & it's fine. Btw, the best stage performances are almost always grad stages close to senshuuraku & senshuuraku, where they've fine tuned performances & add nuance to every bit of choreography.

Anyway, kennins flew in...and not everyone is close to kennin members, so it's kinda like someone from another city, more popular than you, coming to your workplace, and stealing your thunder :/ you can see it in introductions when Mio & Nagisa do their catchphrase...but at least it's nothing more a tiny footnote.

The real deal steal here is that this stage is visually entertaining, the music is mostly great, the team is mostly dedicated theatre girls & 3 kennins, so members show-to-show will be fairly consistent-- not to mention the number of intangibles that can change from performance to performance to add some fun to the mix. Basically, Team 4 stages are the fucking best.

Small Gripe to AKS:
    Why is this Juri Team 4 & Peace Team B? Yuria was pretty tight with Team 4, Juri the same with Team B, and they're both pretty much the same style of leader. They occupy very similar spaces on their respective teams. Just imagine how much more effective these two teams would be if it was Juri Team B & Peace Team 4.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  3. Imperialdramon

Imperialdramon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Tanizaki Saya
    glad to see, nana mako as team 4 top 2 again,, :banana:
    but still poor miki :(

4. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    This is a great stage! :D

I do feel for Mikichan but at the same time I am so happy with the units.

KomiSahhoo are a perfect combination for Tonari no Banana. I can't wait to see this!!
    My dream Bye Bye Bye would have been the Three Muskateers a la No3b-style, but then you wouldn't get the spread of centers.
    Confession is such a vocal song that I love the unit here too.

5. The Legend

The Legend Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinomiki
    Yeah agree with @Imperialdramon, Miki downfall is not over yet... :fp:
    It's guetting worse and worse....

6. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Saki Kitazawa isn't in HKT48. you put her as such in the song "Bye Bye Bye"

7. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    i just want to see the kioku no dilemma footage and i'll be a happy man lol.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  8. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

I like the fact that they didnt put the kennins as unit centers

9. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  10. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Miyupon wrote in her G+ that she was ill earlier this week, but it seems that she participated in the last rehearsals and now in the shonichi. I haven't yet watched today's stage, but (if she was shaky tonight) hopefully she'll be able deliver a more solid performance next time when she's feeling better.

As a general note, the unit line-ups seem interesting! I was happy that Miyupon was put in Confession, and I can't wait to see Tonari no banana!

11. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    miyupon's voice was noticeably hoarse during intros but her performance and sync were fine.

12. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Very nice choices for center :)

I'm kinda sad because I get the feeling they're giving up on Miki as a push :-/ She's the only one out of the Musketeers that hasn't really blossomed in SSK or management selection

13. nathan_drake

nathan_drake Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    i think they did a good job+the lineup very perfect, and I'm glad they put Miyupon in Confession unit (as I expected).

14. sillybob

sillybob Kenkyuusei

Confession :inlove:
    So glad to seeing it be performed again, it's probably my favourite stage song.

15. Larushi

Larushi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    umedaayaka
    Worst part of this stage is MC3 part that have only 5 member participate ( instead of all members in 2 waves as the other stage ). Now I know why this stage is never revive.

MC1 (introdude all members)
    MC2 ( after unit ) - 4 members
    MC3 - only 5 members ?
    and...End.

16. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

from JIJIPRESS

if the video does not show watch the video here

17. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

I don't feel sad about Miki as a failed push at all. She's a one-trick pony and her trick is extremely grating to some (including me). I do like her exuberant dance style but I gotta completely pass on her stage persona. I'm fine with her being more in the background. Jellybeans is a good song for her, I figured she'd be there or Banana. She did stand out the most in her unit.

18. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I'm puking rainbows with this stage. I'm definitely digging Naachan in Confession... so fierce omg:worthy:

19. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    I really appreciate that Mio, Ryoha, and Nagisa weren't given unit leads over Mako, Nana, and Juri. I mean, there really aren't any bad unit positions in this stage, but still it's nice they gave non-kenin members the best unit spots.

20. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    Once again Naachan and Miyupon prove that they are some of AKB's best perfomers.