[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Samara Morgane

Samara Morgane Member

Oshimen:
    umemotoizumi
    ^If that's the case,they should send a tall girl with them as well like Natsumi Tanaka!lol

2. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    she should be center lol
    i forgot that mama is being held in japan too this year and thought that they would be sent to Hong Kong lol
    anyway since it's being held on Japan I expect some big names like Jurina,Sakura,Sayanee,Naachan

3. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Except, if AKB actually sends good performers, it’ll reduce their main argument point which is Kpop being superior singers and dancers over Jpop. You would be surprised at how much that point was brought up when AKB and SNSD performed on the same stage. Also, instead of sending a million girls, a small amount would be fine to be honest. MAMA might have a big stage but it’s definitely going to bring negative attention if they’re the only ones performing with a million girls. I hope we don’t have to worry about that because if they are collaborating with IOI, I really hope management know and send the same amount that the IOI side is appearing. Chungha (solo), Yoojung (Weki Meki), Pinky (Pristin), Nayoung (Pristin), Doyeon (Weki Meki), and I think that’s all (unless they call back all 11 members LOL) so I hope AKB sends the same amount. Too bad WJSN is not appearing. Yeonjung would have killed everyone.

Unfortunately though, AKB and even the entire 48/6Gs don’t have members that are triple threats (sing, dance, visual) so I don’t really expect anything.

4. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
  5. trxsh

trxsh Member

ugh, hopefully they choose an AKB song with choreography on the more flashy/intricate side to perform and not some embarrassment like KFC or any other choreo that looks like its meant for preschoolers.

imagine if IOI came to Japan to dance kororo no placard

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  6. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Am I the only one here who isn't hyped about this collaboration

7. TakaErepyon

TakaErepyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I want to see IOI dance Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai and AKB dance Dream Girls.

8. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    Same, although I'm more interested in who'll be in it and what the girls will perform but I probably won't watch it live. Maybe if they try to hype it up more on AKB's side I'll get more excited

9. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    IOI's Very Very Very is a super basic song with a really easy dance. AKB could easily do it

IOI would prob do like Hebirote or Aitakatta or something

Then they will end the collab with AKB doing KFC with the Kpop girls dancing along

10. Matsui Hikari

Your idea:
    [​IMG]

11. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

If it was just 1 person learning the dance that might be true. IOI's very very very is pretty easy by kpop standards but its also very easy to look awkward/dumb doing it. For a good performance you need alot of practice. Everyone has to dance in perfect sync, perfect facial expressions, and lip sync (korean?) but I wonder if they will sing in korean and vice versa.

12. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

same, K-Pop is shiny, plastic and awful.

13. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Kewl guess we do have a common ground to stand on once in a while. (I literally have no idea what people are arguing about right now :rolleyes:)

14. leocgomes

leocgomes Member Stage48 Donor

I don't know IOI so I don't know what to expect. However, I think it would be interesting to see each group giving their interpretation of the song and not just try to look like the original.

15. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

That's probably what will happen and then IOI end it off with Dream Girl. It's their special reunion stage anyway.

Or maybe have AKB48 and IOI perform Pick Me together. That could be epic.

16. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Isn't the whole IOI thing just a SSK, but korean lol. I follow Kpop a lot and I followed IOI (never watched it, but they had decent songs) and it honestly was just an AKB SSK lol. Vote ur fav and they'll make Senbatsu lol. It's a nice idea I guess. I do enjoy WANNA ONE atm (their song "Energetic" is quite nice).

17. Matsui Hikari

Not really. They're all trainees. It's hard to make it big even if you end up in IOI. Take Sejeong from Gugudan who was previously 2nd. She released a solo song but despite her popularity, she is not very popular when it comes to votes on MAMA. There's also Somi who was first and is still groupless now. Besides, PD101 is heavy on talent with the exception of Sohye (and others but they didn't make it to IOI so who cares).

18. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    i don't think IOI songs are that hard(except Whatta Man)
    i hope they do Dream Girls since I think it would fit them better

as for IOI i hope they pick UZA :D

19. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Sejeong is pretty much carrying Gugudan tho, she has alot of solo works. Somi situation is unique as well Twice just debuted, JYP is doing quite well finding her jobs in the meantime + they started to promote other girl trainees already.

Its pretty obvious that Produce 101's format is derived from SSK.

20. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Aaaah, yess.
    The mess: https://www.koreaboo.com/buzz/wiz-khalifa-reveals-taeyeon-bailed-performance/

The thing is that the approach between 48G (or Jpop) to discrepancies is a lot more different than kpop.

In Kpop everything is a Kimye VS Taylor situation.
    One lies, the other lies more, the first brings receipts, the next brings a statement on IG and blablabla.
    It doesn't help that their press is a lot more sensationalist and a simple like on twitter becomes news (at least for allkpop). but... yeah.

I don't believe IOI are actually doing this until it's done.