IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    I think not:
    - AKS would probably want half of IZONE members to be from 48G
    - Sakura is one of their biggest stars, they would want her to get #1
    - With only 3 members chosen, the last thing AKS wants is that 2 of them to be the biggest stars from the same group (HKT)

Why the need to mention NGT case here? Trying to shift the attention or what? There is a thread that we can discuss about that particular case, but here we are discussing about IZONE case.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Valdore

Valdore Kenkyuusei

It's to point out that AKS does not know how to deal with scandals.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Please, HKT 48 is the upside.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Because the case shows that AKS isn't a company as white pure and innocent as a lamb.
    And shows their genius way of managing serious scandals.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Hitagi

Hitagi Kenkyuusei

Being number 1 is a double edge sword especially for a jp citizen in korea. The safest and best position for Sakura is being 2nd imo

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Mancave

Mancave Kenkyuusei

Oh please, if kaeun so talentless at least she didn’t have to bribed PD’s unlike yujin/wonyoung/yena/chaewon/yuri’s agency to place them on the final line up.
    The so called talents in your post based on corruption and fraud and might be banned in SK’s broadcasting in the near future then what for those talents?

Uhm @Akusaiko sure bribes can’t buy skills but bribery can buy information so some people can learned choreo or song beforehand so they can presented as talented. Suddenly i remember on pd48 cheetah-sunbaenim praise someone as her first practice she can mastered the subject. Yeah that is called skills call in yujin.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  7. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

Hidden cam, child exploitation, treat vip at private party, having relation to yakuza, etc already happening before those ngt news, aks is SO pure, believe me, they didn't corrupt:fear::fear::fear: @Arrend no one say she's untalented, she just being hyped by few fans, no one guarantee she might on top 12 just because she's on top 20 spots. i don't mind if there's top 30 trainees are actually on top 12, cuz, why not, fabricated shows, like you said, the agency is the one bribing, and, even with/without bribes, what they did on stage in these past 1 years are being done by their own talents, bribes can't give you such vocals and dances skills, they need to learned it and do it themselves

• Dislike Dislike x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  8. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Pledis is INFAMOUS for treating their female idol group badly -look at After School and PRISTIN now. Even, Pledis started treating NUE'ST godly after PD101S2 :hmm:

You don't know the true purpose of PD48/IZ*ONE creation is to make Yuiyui becames 48G's new center? :whistle: That's why AKS sent SG's aces to PD48
    Prolly the original line up for J-lines is JuriSaku + one random member but Jurina went hiatus :fear:

• Like Like x 3
  9. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    I def think AKS was involved. It’s sure they made some deal where they made sure the members they didnt want to push care about at all (Miyu, Myao, etc.) did not make it to the final line up.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

Why did they have to do that? o_O 6 in final line-up is better than 3, right? Don't tell me you think Myao and Miyu were in instead of Nako and Hiichan.

11. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    If I had to guess, Kaeun and Myao should have been in, but were deemed “too old”/ not fitting the image of the group. I’d guess Minju and Chaewon (since she was never ranking in the top 12) were out. Chaeyeon ranked higher, Yuri and Yena in but ranked much lower.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  12. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I've just been looking through Korean enterainment news sites to see if I could find any new info and I've found a couple of articles about an interview with group members in issue #186 of a Korean magazine called '1st Look' which was published on 11/7:

https://www.wikitree.co.kr/main/news_view.php?id=479146
    https://www.insight.co.kr/news/254368

img_20191109170527_3de54c00.jpg

This what I get through Google Translate for part of the first article (the second one is locked for right-clicking and copying):

The first article links to another page with scans from the magazine which I've copied and pasted below as thumbnails:
    https://idolworld.co.kr/bbs/board.php?bo_table=idol_w&wr_id=83385

thumb-8a980e21c3b077b1be434957b4481305_1573284823_3206_900x675.jpg thumb-8a980e21c3b077b1be434957b4481305_1573284823_4126_900x675.jpg thumb-8a980e21c3b077b1be434957b4481305_1573284823_4922_900x675.jpg thumb-8a980e21c3b077b1be434957b4481305_1573284823_5234_900x1200.jpg thumb-8a980e21c3b077b1be434957b4481305_1573284823_5947_900x1200.jpg thumb-8a980e21c3b077b1be434957b4481305_1573284850_7612_900x1200.jpg

Hope it's of interest but of course it feels rather sad reading about the girls' anticipation for the album. :(

EDIT: The IZ*ONE DAILY Twitter account has just posted a wider selection of scans from the magazine:
    https://twitter.com/IZONE_DAILY/status/1193276427937837056

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. akboa96

akboa96 Kenkyuusei

To some extent...yes. My personal conspiracy theory is that AKS wanted at least one ace from 48G in Izone, for which they chose Sakura.

Sakura getting A grade for that Kuroi no tenshi performance, especially compared to how they graded other Japanese girls’ equally average performances, was suspicious af. Also I dont think she earned the center for Nekkoya fairly based on votes after the appeal they showed but that’s just me :fear:

I don’t think they did much to influence Sakura or anyone else’s ranks further than that though. Once Sakura had the Nekkoya center she had both the hype and popularity to reach #1 (which I think was her actual spot in the final rank). Sakura, Nako and Hitomi all had understandable and clearly notable climb to the top tbh.

I can’t speak for Miyu but I think Myao and Miu might’ve been rigged out. I think NakoTomi and Myao and Miu were all in. But Myao and Kaeun were rigged out for the age reason and Miu was doomed to be taken out of the lineup when Koreans found the stuff regarding her visiting the shrine of some Japanese person who is considered a war criminal for Koreans, something that’s very no-no to them.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Henry Dill

Henry Dill Kenkyuusei

What Pledis got, is that OTR outsources all content and production to them.

15. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

OTR outsources all content and production to them?, try said that after what they did to AS and pristin, pledis genuinely sucks even b4 before otr been created, all kneitz knew that, and songs and production aren't all coming from them, the recent Bloom*iz songs and even la vie en rose was created by other company producer/composer, seems that pledis also had something to do with cj groups, so, how could co-managed gg by big company can dry their resources until they can't even focus to their own artist? izone makes big bucks, so pledis pockets surely aren't dry, no need to blame izone for the weakness of pledis and its own artist :fear::fear::fear:

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  16. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Sounds unlikely that AKS would let both popular members go for more than 2 years. I think if Jurina did not go on hiatus, she'll just make it to the finale but fail to enter the top 12, just like Kaeun.

The story arc set up for her with the comment from one of the coaches that she's good but they don't think her image fits what they were looking for was very telling.

This! In no way her Kuroi no Tenshi performance was an A seeing how strict the standards were for the other girls.

If it really was part of the plan to exclude Myao, then darn, I really feel bad for her.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    Well, Jurina ends up still in 48G, and Y̶u̶i̶y̶u̶i̶ Moeka centered the new song.

By the way, wasn't it up to the members themselves to choose whether they wanted to take part?

18. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    I'm not sure why folks think AKS would have wanted as many as possible in the group. It's far more likely that they wanted a couple, as a form of advertising/promotion of their Japanese brand, from which they keep all the money. And P48 did that. It brought a ton of Korean money into their pockets in the form of HS tickets and SR gifts. I bet they've made far more money from that than they have made from IZ*ONE.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. Valdore

Valdore Kenkyuusei

They probably didn't expect a bunch of their aces to end up going, which is something they definitely should have thought of.

20. Doflamingo

Doflamingo Member

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    I was think the opposite, aks knew they can't maximize Miyu or Myao's potential in akb so they want other group to try that to them ..win win solution for both of them