Hirate Yurina (Techi) / Keyakizaka46 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by nakotteiijan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    lol

[​IMG]
    Calling people who are criticizing all this as "triggered", but it seems the one screaming and being crazy for a teenage japanese girl who wants to show so hard how edgy she is, is you: the adult, mature, man. It's better to be considered as "triggered" than, I guess. Glad to not to be part of that fanaticism.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
    • Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

@DelicateEmpress Cre8boys was the one made Nonfiction

The true stars always shine on their own. Why do some scare that those stars would be overshined by others? If they did, it meaned those are not star. ‍♀️

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. DelicateEmpress

DelicateEmpress Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    One of Techi's wishes when she debuted was that Keyaki could extend their activities outside of the idol frame box the industry/fans/GP (and even idols) put idols in. But she got backlash over it because people think she didn't know her place. And even until her last second as an idol, Techi herself knows that many traditional idol fans dislike her because she did not follow the "royal idol" route. Someone please correct me but I think Japanese's concept of "idol" is quite fixed and different than some other industries? Anyways, since Keyaki days I'd thought of her as the bridge between idols and artists.

@miwa It depends on each person's perspective I think. I've seen some people think this overlap is a good thing to show that Sakuzaka is on a different route now and is still very strong, while Techi continues to build her own path. Techi fans in general don't care since it's Techi's first solo music activity (that isn't a collab) after her departure. People who are Sakuzaka fans who don't follow/like Techi are prone to being quite annoyed. But I also think since Sakuzaka already delivered the stage, it's now left to fans to create the buzz and introduce it to more people. There can be several buzzworthy topics at once.

We all know criticizing is giving feedback for improvement with no ill-intention, not calling someone "try-hard", blaming them for creating a bully-like atmosphere (which they didn't do), spreading lies and shaming them for not doing cute and girly stuff.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  4. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    No one is scared of Techi outshining Sakurazaka. It's comments like these that start up fanwars. The point was made very clear by miwa. Techi is managed by Seed and Flower, the same company that manage Sakurazaka. They literally could have picked any other music show on any other day. FNS even had a live show last week which Nogi appeared and Sakurazaka did not. She could have performed there. But they chose the one day Sakurazaka was performing, their literal debut day.

I'm certain it was nothing more than a marketing tactic, but it will inevitably leave a bitter taste in the mouths of remaining keyaki fans who watched the groups demise due to one member leaving the group, to see that very same member perform for the first time on the rebranded groups debut day.

I personally loved the performance and can see past the glaring oversight from management in this decision to just enjoy both performances, but i completely understand those who didn't like this. The overlap could help show they're two different entities now, but it will also allow for immediate comparisons of 'keyakizaka without techi', which is something I thought they were trying to avoid with the rebrand, so I don't really know what S&F's thought process is with that one. Oh Well.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Accent

Accent Kenkyuusei

Yes, that was what I was trying to point out. Because as far as I know, outside of forums like this, there exists the condescending idea that idols are not real artists---and to some, idols are nothing more than objects to groom for their satisfaction. I mean, at least from where I live, people's impression of Japanese idols is simply women doing cutesy stuff---from their personality to their music---for the sake of the fans. And I hate it because it discredits all the effort they have poured to learn, and dismisses them as persons with history, feelings, experiences, and potential.

So I think rather than an avenue for objectification, we have to emphasize more the fact that the idol industry can be a runway for self-development and improvement---not because "fans like to see growth" but simply because the idol wants to learn or achieve or prove something for her own.

For the latter half of my previous statement, I think DelicateEmpress articulated it better than I did. Techi and/with Keyaki tried to redefine what an idol is. But revolution is always risky.

6. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I'm quite glad too. I'm actually a bit sorry for the idols you follow.
    But that is another story.

DelicateEmpress already answered the rest lol

7. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

They are going on different paths for god's shake. If you dont like the way mngm overlaps, go to the other thread to complain. Why do you keep ruining the party here?

I dont care about others, they are stars in their fans' eyes.. I just need a place to celebrate, to praise Techi, to workship her peacefully. Please get your sense. Thank you A LOT

• Like Like x 9
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

We all want that. With Keyaki, I felt that difference, & its what made the grp shine. But due to something unexplainable (i call it jealousy), other fandoms didnt like them saying they are too dark. We all know its not true. With Sakura, we are seeing something way above keyaki, & that is the ability to portray so many different concepts that is still not a generic idol thing. Again, we are seeing those fandoms threatened.
    So yeah, these wotas are the reason why the idol system is such. Any person that brings change is an enemy. I don't know abt the future, but if sakurazaka continues with this part, which i'm certain they will, they gonna be more that those keyaki days

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  9. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I'm one of the first few people who praised the performance on this thread when the trolls were about so don't tell me or anyone else where they can or can't voice their opinions wtf lmao

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  10. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    This thread is not Yurina's occult church for devoted worshipper to just praise the goddess, it's a place where everyone can say his pov. We all know how fanatic some Goddess Artistic Yurina worshippers are, but they should come to reality instead of continuing with this fanaticism behind closed doors and shaming who's not into it.

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

@minaeshi this thread is named Hi-ra-te Yu-ri-na so in case you talk about the girl whose name Hirate Yurina here, It's so great, like really great.

And I'm talking about those who keep draging other names to the party here. I can't help but feel sad(?) when I'm gonna make a long post praising her then seeing one(?) complain at how mngm overlap her with their favorite. Techi's fans has waited for a long time and finally we could see her sing her own song. If a person feel sad, why dont he/she go to the artist thread to express their disappointment?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  12. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Lol look i know most of us are Techi fans but sometimes we don't have to be so possessive. This is the main thing that git her enemies; her fans calling her God & such. She was in a group & still attached to the grp which gives the fans who are hako-oshi also the right to chat abt her. Not all said here is bad. We know those who give only bad critics to not only Techi, but to the whole grp no matter what they do & such ppl, you shld ignore. They aren't oshis of the grp yet they claim to know everything. Ppl like @SteCola aren't new at this. They were here during those troublesome days & will return just to create heat. Just leave them be. This chat is not for Techi-only fans. Its a thread where everything Techi is discussed either by fans or haters. Bcos of how harsh haters can be, it is up to us to push them oyt but what you are saying @miyabi will only pull them here to diss her more, which we all know, we don't want cos it gets crazier lol

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  13. Tenote

Tenote Kenkyuusei

It goes both ways though: techi’s team could have picked a different date, or that could have been decided by sakurazaka’s team instead. Imo having them both perform on the same day is a smart decision businesses-wise, but of course, you’re entitled to you opinion. The group didn’t rebrand because of techi’s departure, it was due to management’s shortsightedness.

I used to look down on idols because I thought they have nothing to offer besides variety and looks, but I’ve been proven wrong. I still don’t consider myself an idol fan, but I respect them. I take issue with fans who view idols as a fantasy, but that’s a different story. Anyway, you’re correct that we wouldn’t even be aware of her existence if she didn’t become an idol, so we should be grateful.

• Like Like x 4
  14. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

There are many things I wanna write but god I cant stop awwwing whenever I see Techi dance. I think most of her fans imaged her 1st solo song would be done with contemporary dance because she's always famous for this kind of moves (Nonfiction, Kado wo magaru, Ikisei....). But Techi proved that She is such an unpredictable girl again. She sang and danced in hiphop, god. Those moves were so intense and at first I think it's like coming from a boygroup's dance. Ofc she need to practice more, most of the time she danced intense moves, she lost control and seemed overdo. Though, I wanna praise her for experiencing new things. Both the sounds and the moves are different comparing to her past.

And I also believe she is the one who compose the sample of Dance no Riyuu. It's really interesting that almost everyone thought she would be a lyricist one day and boom, it turned out she made the composition

15. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Seriously i was shocked to my core lol. But its Techi we are talking abt. She is unpredictive so we have to be ready for whatever they are planning for her. And yeah, i also thought she went too hard out there. Girl shld keep it in somehow lol. Don't come all out, with that swag, on us like that lol

16. DelicateEmpress

DelicateEmpress Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Speaking of dancing, I wish we have a dance practice or still-cam version and then have an experienced dancer to analyze it. From my naked eyes, her weakest portion is mid-body (waist-hip), which lacks flexibility in fast moves. Yet, I think her injury (sacroiliac joint instability) contributes a lot to this because I think this area of hers was more flexible pre-injury. Sadly, I don't think sacroiliac joint instability can be fully cured but it can be lessened with therapy and correct exercises. Power control and fluidity could be improved since as miyabi said, Techi tends to overdance and is less detailed when she's tired (compared 2nd half to 1st half of the song). But she knows how to add texture and variations to her dance. Overall I think Techi's a power-centric dancer who knows how to make impacts with her dancing, specialized in popping and locking, put more details in hand movements than body rolls and footwork. Facial expressions on point!

Gosh I really want a professional analysis...

Techi did talk about writing lyrics before (albeit she did say she wouldn't reveal her credit right away) but producer!Techi caught us all off guard. Imagine one day we'll have "lyrics and produced by Hirate Yurina", I'm gonna faint lol. However, I don't think Dance no Riyuu will be Techi's solo debut but more like an introduction or a reminder that "yup that girl Hirate is still active as a singer" (pre-debut single?). But whether it's her solo debut or not I'm so ready to spend my money on her. Maybe if we're lucky we'll also get a fanclub and Youtube channel? who am I kidding lmao

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. NEVBOSS

NEVBOSS Member

Oshimen:
    Duck Lord & ktgw_bby
    Twitter:
    nevermorepicker
    Man, I just come here to say that「ダンスの理由」fking slays.
    I can't wait the MV, gonna be hellfire everywhere.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Brooo wtf lol. Is she going solo? I'm so out of the loop, but her performance was amazing. She seems like she's just filled with energy now and it shows in her performance. She also kept up with the male dancers beside her and thats pretty impressive since the dance was kind of intense. I'm so here for this if this is her solo music career path

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    Personally I agree with those posters who expressed the idea that this decision is actually good business wise. Let's stop overreacting, it's not like Techi's song invalidates Sakura's debut and sales or anything. C'mon, everthing was set up to generate BUZZ. It's all there is to it. People talking about Sakurzaka - 'You know, there's this Hirate girl, she just went solo, check it out"; people discussing Techi "You see, this girl used to be a part of this Keyakizaka group. Guess what, they are called Sakurazaka now and they have just released a new single".
    You see what am I hinting at? In fact, all of the parties involved do benefit from this FNS thingy, especially S&F.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  20. cotd

cotd Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Hello! I'm back to this forum because I think it would be fun to discuss about Tecchan here with other people who love her~

Yesterday performance was cool! Personally I like contemporary dance more, the ones like in Kado wo Magaru and Mou Mori, for example. But Tecchan has done really well in other dance style. I think the song is very empowering. When it's released I will definitely listen to it before I start my day to get the spirit up :banana:

In 2020FNS歌謡祭 YouTube channel (I don't know whether it's official or not), so far her performance got the highest views. It got 304k views which is awesome in my opinion. Considering J-Pop and J music in general don't have streaming culture like K-Pop does, I think it's even more impressive. The gap in views between her and other performances is huge! It doesn't mean I'm looking down at other performances, it's just I think it shows that she does attract a lot of attention.

Edit:

Whoops the channel is missing. I guess it's deleted. Farewell >304k views :^^;:

First impression from Zaka! Mirei said Techi (Hirate-san)’s performance was cool and she has watched it 5 times (tbh she even said she can watch it numerous of times, it’s that cool).

Cr

I'm excited to see how other entertainers and artists said about last night performance. She always attracts a lot of attention and even praise from both public and professionals :blush:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2