[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    For Renaa, in the Sakuratabi in Miyazaki vid, you can see her without makeup after she just finished her dinner with Matsuri. IMO she seems to look better without makeup, especially the eye makeup she often wears, don't you think ? :chuffed: You can tell she looks sort of different as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    All young girls my friend look way better with the "no makeup" makeup, nature has gifted them with...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. blabla123

blabla123 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ozeki Rika
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    :cry2::cry2::cry2:
    SO GOOD!!!

On a personal level, I love the fact 3kis story and files released are being shared as I walk towards my own goal.
    It's a total coincidence but step by step their hard work helped me doing my own hard work.
    And I know being idols is much more than this, but still, it's something I will be always grateful for.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Wonderful pointless video of the 3gens playing around together Saturday 18 March:

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Not sure how long these will last online.

EDIT: Starts with Murayama and Yamashita, who give their own names, then call themselves "MuraYamashita", as Murayama does in her blog, saying they spend a lot of time together.
    Continues into Mii-chan and Hikari with Mio (who keeps trying to escape), Airi and Yuu. Then Inori and Kaichou w/Itoha?, then adding Airi.
    Silly video of group "rich in individual character," as they say.

Another similar of them after Saturday's Meet & Greet:

Starts with Fuu-chan and Yui-chan calling in Riko and Miu. Then Rika, Reina and Yuu and Miu. Then adding Kira. Then Kira + Captain. Inori + Karin. Kira. Ten.

All from a YT account 坂道オタ活ちゃんねる ("Sakamichi Ota Living Channel") https://www.youtube.com/@sakaota

EDIT: There's one more of these -- the earliest one -- here:

The first comment is a great summary:
    素の三期生観れて最高です "Natural [or 'unadulterated'] gen3 is wonderful [or 'the greatest']."
    Also:
    "Ten-chan is beloved by those older than her and those younger."
    Also:
    "(20:28) 'Airi-chan smells really nice.'"
    Plus a number of comments of thanks.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Rev4

Rev4 Member

It's true that we might be a bit biased after 3rd gen's Omotenashi kai. But I feel this is the "GEN" after that live performance and artistic dance track. Something I have been critical about is way too many dance tracks for Sakurazaka. It really feels like Takahiro and Infinity understand 3rd gen more. That dance track drew me in like a story about 3rd gen uniting as Sakurazaka. The ending was genius when sakura pose turned into a nogi pose (as seen in Silent Majority as the start of Keyakizaka) in slow motion.

I also like Natsu no Chikamichi more than any song from Sakurazaka. The lyrics have hidden messages behind the love theme. Apart from love it's telling a story about 3rd gen to catch up to their seniors. The choreography feels slower and more artistic to interpret this story with emotions. What I have missed in Sakurazaka the most.

Looking at members like Murai Yu, Takahiro told her she has the loudest voice in the group. She needs time to develop her voice because it didn't come out with Nobody's Fault but her expressions for the song had a dark aura when the song is quite bright. Many Japanese fans think so too about her Nobody's Fault performance. Twitter user Kojirabu said her qualities reminds her of Hirate in a way because Hirate was also an allround performer. Piano, basketball, ballet, dance, etc. Hirate had also the loudest voice in Keyakizaka according to Takahiro.

Taniguchi Airi has the best voice in the group. She can be good at crafting power ballads like Imaizumi since she used to sing power ballads at ASH when she entered her teenage.

Takahiro sees potential in Yamashita Shizuki to develop her own way of performance because of her small voice which kind of reminds you of Neru's situation. With those words from Takahiro he wants to see solo songs from Shizuki in the future.

It's now up to 3rd gen to get involved with music production. They seem hungry to walk their own path. Outfits have already changed. I was surprised to see a school uniform with tie, sailor costume and especially a military uniform coming from the same styling team that have worked with Sakurazaka since Nobody's Fault. They have not been so great after Alcatrock's work with Keyakizaka. But I love to be proven wrong in the future after their work with 3rd gen's debut.

Last time this group has ever impressed Konno was 21 1st gen members. He was so confident in 3rd gen he invited both 4th gen Hinatazaka and 5th gen Nogizaka to 3rd gen's Omotenashi kai. I wonder if Aki-P showed up or watched the stream. Last time Aki-P showed any interest was Keyakizaka's Tokyo Dome performance. But based on Natsu no Chikamichi's lyrics he seems to care again.

2nd gen and remaining 1st gen members have done a good job to keep the group afloat but it hasn't been good enough for Konno and Sony Music to be satisfied. It takes more than 2nd gen and remaining 1st gen to grow the group to new heights.

We all remember how 1st gen started when Nogi fans were critical at Keyakizaka's Seifuku no Mannequin performance on SKY TV Show before their debut. Nogi fans questioned their talent outside of Hirate and Imaizumi. You can still find that video on youtube with comments from that time. It was chaos. 1st gen didn't had a easy route and compare to 3rd gen's Omotenashi kai weren't they synchronized and they were off tone here and there at Debut Countdown Live which they improved later.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I love the support 3ki are getting but I feel we should be mindful of the way we speak about the 2ki, 1ki, and staff who have worked tirelessly to keep sakurazaka going. Some of these comments seem like a discredit to their work and it's so unfair to the girls.

• Agree Agree x 10
  8. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

From the point of view of humanity, fairness, courtesy and affection, I agree 100%. But I'm afraid my own personal reaction to the 3gens is more like Rev4's extremely positive judgment of them as an important new stage. It's probably just my own taste, but Natsu no Chikamichi is now one of the 3-4 Sakurazaka songs (and MVs) I enjoy most. And I have the feeling that Konno-san and Aki_P seem enthusiastic, too. I am getting the kinds of feelings I had in 2016.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Let's hope that the 3rd gen, being seen as good as they are, not only makes Aki-P more enthusiastic, but also inspires him to give Sakurazaka that big hit song we all have been waiting for.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I agree with @minaeshi no matter how much I like 3kis.
    I feel this time mngmnt took their time and planned ahead the kind of girls they wanted, and we got a great generation out of it.

This can't be a reason to put aside 1kis and 2kis considering the hard job they had to do to save Keyaki first and then push Sakura up after.
    3kis are good so far, amazing even, but no golden generation can survive and shine without a solid group behind and unity within.

What I feel no need for is the continue comparisions with other idols.
    It's getting old and no matter how much one want to see Techi or Zuumin or Neru in some 3kis member, they are their own people. And thanks for this!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Saishuu no Chikatetsu ni Notte is quite a beautiful song. Have noticed that it is different from the majority of their other songs in that it is not a love song at all, but is rather about pondering about how boring life is while on the train home ? :) It is good to have more songs that are not about love but something else. And it is by the same authors of Seifuku to Taiyou, which is also not a love song at all. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    That's fine and I agree on many aspects. Natsu no Chikamichi has quickly become one of my top 5 favorite sakurazaka songs, I can't choose my 3ki oshi because they're all so great, and I'm extremely satisfied with the way management has promoted the new gen as an integral part of sakurazaka's new era. 3ki have been nothing but a joyful and pivotal moment in the group's journey. They have the privilege of joining in an era where the group is the most unified, in determination, teamwork, and skill, since their debut. I'm very grateful that's been the case for them. 1ki and 2ki may never be able to overcome the (IMO unfounded) opinions of their shortcomings due to mostly management errors in the past, but the girls who remained for sakurazaka have created a friendly, warm, and skilled environment for 3ki and their successors to thrive as idols. So rather than being quick to unfairly compare their shortcomings, let's embrace the 3ki members who will be aiding the founding members (1ki) and leading generation (2ki) in making a new name for themselves.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    By the way, if a brand new song is first introduced to the members, will the song first be recorded and sung by other people such as studio staff ? So that the girls will be able to know how to sing it ?

14. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Koike Minami
    Yes, I believe that is how it works.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    By the way, why do Nogi and Hina seem to have more concerts and appearances than Saku ? For instance, both groups participated in the idol festivals whereas Saku did not. Also, both groups have more miscellaneous concerts, such as for christmas and other special events, but Saku does not.

Also, every time they release a new single, do the members get free copies of the single ?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
  16. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I believe it's because those other groups are more popular than Sakurazaka. Nogi sells many more units of its songs, and Hinata now sells somewhat more than does Sakura.

Seed & Flower plans major events, appearances and releases if it thinks it can make significant amounts of money from them. And magazines ask for idols to appear, giving free publicity when the magazines think members are popular enough to benefit the magazine's sales.

Nogi always sold more than Keyaki, although as Hirate's popularity grew, Keyaki was getting closer. But with Hirate's problems, the group had problems. And Hinatazaka has chosen to go in a more classic, fanservicey idol direction which is more popular with idol fans. Sakura has preserved some of the edge of Keyaki, which is not as popular a direction. I myself prefer to see that bit of edge, but it is not as satisfying to the idol otaku who are the heart of idol fandom. I'm not criticizing. That's perfectly legitimate.

I observe that the 3gens may have been trained to be more fanservicey than previous generations, for better and worse. Here's hoping the group can find a sweet spot combining edge, fanservice, dance and lyricism.

Not that I know, but I do believe members get at least one copy of each release. Maybe I remember seeing members holding their copy/ies.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Also, before performing in a tour venue such as fukuoka dome or saitama arena, do they go there beforehand to rehearse ? Or do they already know what to do regardless of venue ?

As for the 3rd gen, have you noticed that they seem to be the more classic idol feminine type compared with the 2 previous gens who are the more edgy regular girl next door type ? Is it because now that they are Saku rather than Keyaki, thus they go for a different type of member ?

18. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Koike Minami
    Yes, they rehearse in the place they will perform.

Probably.

19. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

I hope Sakurazaka46 can add "artistry" to that sweet spot. Some have commented on the frantic pace of Sakus's songs being favored over the more theatrical ones from Keyaki's time. Among others, Futari Saison on the soft/balladish side, Mou Mori e Kearou Ka on the serious one, Te wo Tsunaide Kearou Ka on the light-hearted side, their choreos were basically poetry in motion. With some exceptions, that is lacking in current Sakurazaka. A fast/complex choreo doesn't necessarily translate to artistry or artistic.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Remember that episode about Berika and another member going to learn to bake bread with an expert bakery owner ? Did he really get mad at them ? Or was it all staged to add drama to an otherwise potentially boring episode ? :chuffed: What do you think ?