Single AKB48 37th (Kokoro no Placard) 14/08/27

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Starshard

Starshard Kenkyuusei

+ @oscarwilde:
    It's true, though.

Stating the fact that the song / choreography would be the same regardless who is the center does NOT mean one is saying it's not the center (in this case, Mayu)'s song. It is Mayu's song, just like Heavy Rotation was Yuko's, FG / IM was Acchan, KFC was Sasshi's. However, it doesn't change the fact that, all those songs (and others, even) would have been the same music / choreography-wise - that's what people was saying since some was under the wrong impression that the songs would have been different if the center was changed. No one was saying it's not Mayuyu's song. Again, it's Mayuyu's, but it would have sounded / danced the same way has Sasshi won. How would they have been different if those were created before the center was chosen and the management have never changed these? Most of the time, the changeable part is the lyrics only (the only time the song was changed was Mariko's Janken single, and that's it).
    People have been saying so since FG / Heavy Rotation, and no one was disowning Acchan or Yuko. In fact, most people know that (and have proofs even, with the more recent proof being the post of the choreographer). That's why I said you (edit: by you I meant Oscard, in case diaz get the wrong impression :)) have a very different interpretation from majority of posters here, clouded by your disliking of Mayuyu fans, if I may guess.

Edit: not related to the part above, regarding Team 8 song, have just listened to it. I don't think it's bad, but as stated, it sounds more or less the same as most of AKB's songs.
    The covers... seeing people like those, I guess they aren't bad. I still think they are kind of random, though. Don't see any relationship betwen the songs and these themes (supposedly Desert, Sea, Forest and Mayuyu's world?). Oh well, I'm not an artist :v

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  2. sonsam

sonsam Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Wow just listed to Team 8's song, and I find it okay. But, it sounds kinda bland to me, and it's not that catchy to me either.

Kinda was expecting for a B Garden type of song for Team 8.

Mayuyu looks so pretty in RE Type D cover!:inlove::cute:

3. oscarwilde

oscarwilde Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    oscarwilde48
    Just as @jdiaz1994 said, it's Mayu's song, period.

What Mayu fans are trying to do here is to shift the blame on Sasshi
    by saying centers are interchangeable.

Flying Get is Acchan's song, Heavy Rotation is Yuko's song. KNP is and will be Mayu's song.

Also, the vocals are recorded after the know who is the center and who is in senbatsu, doesn't make any sense to record before the election now does it? That's why you are hearing Mayu's voice mostly and not anyone else's.

4. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

Thanks for the Team 8 song! It's nothing special, but at this point, management could give out the best song ever written (and not just in 48 fandom either) and we'd still have people bitching about what a disaster this single is :/ The girls are cute and I did like the amount of screen time they all had!

Looking forward to hearing the other songs!

5. ijkm

ijkm Kenkyuusei

Ar first, I thought team 8 song sounds like Chiireba inoni, but...

6. Starshard

Starshard Kenkyuusei

You aren't trying to be hard headed on purpose, are you? The vocal part is recorded after the senbatsu, true, but music and choreography (which are what people were talking about when it comes to the song) was created before - look at the choreographer post pages before. People weren't talking about the vocal part of the song. We were talking about music & choreography. No one was saying "oh, the vocal of this song sounds too idol-y...", for example. These would remains the same as every other songs before, regardless who was the center. The song would be center's song, but that fact doesn't change. Stating that fact doesn't mean anyone was disowning Mayuyu's song, or, as you just imaginatively thought, "shifting blame to Sasshi" (...really? are you trying to start something between groups of fans again?...).

7. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    MOOCHI!! I feel like I've known you since I joined this Fandom (May 2012) - You sound so familiar to me. Oh well, I'm sure we'll enjoy each other on this forum.

About Ricchan's video clips here's a spoiler for Moochi from the SLacker
    Actually there's a 1 minute of Silence in the Video where everyone stops and Kisses Riichan's hands - it's like Idol AKB 9-11 NEVER Forget what happened!! Then she pops through a giant test exam paper and says "I CAN! I have a Qualification! Smell My Feet!" Then Sasshi makes that creepy face where her eyes go into her head and Mayuyu says "You Silly rascals!"

NO - Of course this isn't True At ALL. You do realize Kawae was on the Up-Swing ever since "Haste no Waste"- she was getting TV gigs & appearing places even before that. She was a darling in Team 4- Kawaei has paid her dues. She didn't just show up one day & magically start getting pushed- it's been a steady ( but yes, constant progression).

I don't think Kawai is getting anymore 'special treatment' than before so much.. It happened 3 weeks before the election and she (Kawae) certainly didn't go on YouTube or TV shows and talk about being a victim- I think she really just wants to put it behind her. I can see your concern that maybe Kawae is getting extra attention after the fact but it's not the kind of "event" anyone (even AKB) wants to revisit even for publicity sake. There were 2 girls involved in that attack & I don't even remember who the other one was - where's her "Free Air Time?".

Kawae has often been used as a Senbatsu sub because she's probably a quick learner, adapts well, Looks ADORABLE on cam, and She's got a growing fanbase. She'll probaby have 3-7 seconds (probably w/ another girl) in the vid. She's #16 - she's not in Ikoma or KojiHaru territory yet. I've noticed that who the Video's (PV) favor & who gets screen time on LIVE TV performances differs greatly

8. sania10786

sania10786 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oshimayuko
    The management basically didn't put any efforts into this single huh?...:awesome:

Compared to the last time I listened to this, the song sounds pretty good now with the PV backing it up. I enjoy it even though I still think that Mayu deserves more. Is management trying to make some "rival" thing between Mayu and Sasshi? I'm not talking about election ranking but with doing this it's like "let's see whose song is more popular, Sasshi's or Mayu's?" Because of the same theme, the same "easy-to-follow" dance movement, the same tempo of song, the same scene seen in PV, and a lot more...it's unavoidable not to compare those two, right?

9. marnchor

marnchor Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    I think it's just a little sad that there was the opportunity (well - for every single but esp this one) to be different and to be innovative, but there's a "designed by a committee and therefore pandering to lots of real an assumd stakeholder interests" feel to this stuff.

Also - hope more Sae in the long version!

10. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Ikoma and Sae are easily my two favorite members in this senbatsu.. and it's sad, because I'm quite sure they're the ones we're going to see the least of…:hmm:

At least I have a soft spot for Jurina and Sayanee :chuffed:

11. oscarwilde

oscarwilde Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    oscarwilde48
    Shifting the blame to Sasshi. Yeah, it's what you are doing.

You should accept there are people out there that don't buy everything you write
    and have a different point of view from your's. If you can't do that then may a forum is not the right place for you.

But since you wrote previously you wanted to start a quote 'internet war',
    you can go right ahead.

Frankly, I think your posts would turn out so ridiculous, it would be to everyone's enjoyment.

12. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    After watching the official preview of the PV, I feel like KFC had a bit more of a wow factor. There was so much more color, and the song had a bit of a build that made it feel more festive.

I still adore KNP as a song, but I'm underwhelmed by what we've seen of the PV thus far.

The covers are spectacular, though! I'm thrilled with those!

13. Starshard

Starshard Kenkyuusei

I'm not gonna bother anymore with you here, as stated multiple times before by multiple people - both Mayuyu AND non-Mayuyu fans (to rule out the biased factor) - mods included, you don't seem to want to look at any other's PoV other than the (imo, heavily clouded and twisted) PoV of yours. You are trying to bend even the healthy discussion / fact stating posts into something rather negative (trying to instigate something?). Even Sasshi fans, who are most sensitive to matter regarding her, didn't see it your way. So...yeah, can't have a proper discussion when one side refuse to listen to reasons.
    Obviously, different people have different PoV, but discussing and looking from different PoV to correct the wrong PoVs (or understand each other's in case there are more than one correct PoV) is the purpose of a forum, and so far you don't seem to be doing that.

14. BeMyGuest

BeMyGuest Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kawaeirina
    I don't really care whether this song is coping KFC, whatever works for them, it's fine with me, I just want them to do well. I try to think less of what I'd like to hear and see from them, but instead what will help them to remain successful, and for the moment, this seems to be the best choice. If we stop seeing things only from fan's pov for a moment, but put ourself in the management position, probably most of us would have used the same strategy to success. We see this all the time in the music industry, what is successful is being recycled over and over again. If it wasn't working, music producers(or whoever has the final word) wouldn't be doing it so much I guess. It's easy to say, 'aki-p should have taken a risk a come up with something original', but most people wouldn't take that risk, but play it safe, so I can't blame them for doing so. It's only natural that they will choose a song, PV, choreography and so on, that is more likely to go viral aka more profitable. Plus, if it's successful in the end, all the rant here, won't mean much tbh.
    About the covers, colorful, fun and nice, I like them.
    I still need to see the full PV of KNP, but so far was ok. Actually, the one thing I made of it, was that Paruru was very pretty lol. I'm indifferent to the costumes, I don't like them, but I don't dislike them. It would be nice if someone translates the placards in the PV.

15. Paul cho

Paul cho Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
  16. oscarwilde

oscarwilde Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    oscarwilde48
    Apparently you are trying to 'correct the wrong PoVs' in this world. Good for you.
    If you cannot tolerate other people's opinion, but rather, you have to correct them,
    then your days must be filled with correcting people on the internet.
    Good luck with that.

You wrote yourself you wanted to have a so called internet war with me, in this very thread.

Surely you want me to take your bait somehow, but I'm not even sure what you expect from me.
    Please tell me so I can satisfy your needs.

17. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    Can You imagine how embarrassingly BAD the first "Fan Dance" Videos versions from around the Globe are going to be....Even they will look like rip-offs of the The NSK Fan video for KFC. Lets be honest the NSK fan vid (the on with 1 & half million hits on AKBs YouTube page) was the 1st unsolicited fan video and it's the only one endorsed by AKB48 proper. SO it should be funny to see who steps up and is the 1st to do a KNP homage vid for attention- lol.

These Two comments are so spot on - I wonder what the Japanese fans are saying...

I never thought I'd say this...but Sae isn' half-bad. I can't stand her whole boy-ish Danso thing but when she's performing she does this stuff with her eyes & face that cracks me up. Her smile is so energetic & delightful. She's putting out 1,000 watts with one smile and it doesn't seem fake. And Ikoma she's got a Yuki Nagato mysterious beauty thing happening. Her face is so....interesting in Performances, I don't know if I am a fan of either of these two but I do enjoy seeing them during LIVE TV songs. AND I have been VERY Critical of Sae and I'll admit I kind of miss her Unpredictable "Speeches" & attitudes.

Sayanee always looks Gorgeous!! it'a weird not to see Milky in Senbatsu but then you get Akarin & Sakura + Kawae so there's really no shortage of Sexy Moe Girls!
    Oscar & Others make a interesting point - Is it the SONG or The "Ace" that makes it a Hit?. "Eien Pressure" is clearly Paruru - BUT. it works as a song by itself. Jurina's Janken song sucked rocks - However, I didn't blame Jurina (did anyone?) we all know she's capable of much more). Now, take "Warukii" - It's Milky's song (we all know this) but it's fun to see other Cute & Hot (Kawaii) Idols sing it. I.E. Meru or Kawae could sing it but Ikoma or Haruppi....maybe not -HOWEVER, Haruppi or Ikoma could sing "Jungle Gym". "Warukii" is more about attitude & "Personality Driven" . SO... now we have Personality Songs, Idol Songs, and Anthem songs.....and Songs that just suck & can't be saved no matter who sings it.

"KFC" worked because as simple as it was it was DIFFERENT than everything before it. This KNP VIDEO is literally a rehash. It could've been shot on the SAME Day as KFC - except different costumes & hair styles. Play them next to each other and NO ONE outside the fandom would know it was a year apart unless you told them- Paruru's hair is 6-8 inches longer in KNP. I like the song - it's like getting to Relive "KFC" again only with a different Senbatsu.

I am worried that AKS did this to Mayuyu. Honestly!!! I am. Her first song was w/ an Animal she's bad with - the second one's PV is a carbon-copy ripoff of the song from the girl she lost to a year ago. When do we get to see Mayuyu do something "Unique To Her"? Her Solo stuff suits her better! I Loved some of her solo stuff. Did no one stand up and say "Hey AKI-P, this is just a rip off of KFC? can't you make the video ANIMATED?? or Have the girls dance thru Anime drawn countries or have Anime AKB dance with Live Humans? - they Idols were Dogs in the last song - now, lets make them Anime gals - Mayuyu is into Anime!!!

Imagine if you made "Hikaru Monotachi" into an AKB song and each Senbatsu girl had their own Vocaloid style outfit & color and they all dance behind Mayuyu or had verses and it was a a tad techno & maybe mixed Anime versions of the girls in the video - It would be AWESOME!! and it would be SOOO MAYUYU. Why are they wasting her on simple Kiddie Songs?? Does AKI-P own the Japanese Gov money and he had to make this for them?

I'm starting to wonder if they're a punishing Mayuyu.Ask yourselves - would they risk or bother putting: Acchan, Yuko, Mariko, Itano, Takamina, or even Paruru in a Carbon copy of one of their biggest hits?? Maybe they really thought Mayuyu would lose & they already had the song lined up??

Remember she used to be on TV a lot (had her own show) & she had a sub-unit group and a Solo Career, She was big in Anime & Cosplay - now she can't catch a break in AKB? Am I imagining this??

I LIKE the song! I Love seeing it Live. It seems like it could be ANY Idol's song. Maybe that's the approach? ALL 16 girls are the "Center"?

In short - Mayuyu deserved her OWN video style- It's bad enough the song is simple like KFC now the Video makes it's OBVIOUS!

18. oscarwilde

oscarwilde Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    oscarwilde48
    Frankly, I have real trouble imagining what that would be.

If we go with what Mayu's fans said, the doge song was not her's because she can't handle little doges
    and the placard song was a done deal long before the election.

So if we assume LR and KNP were generic mass production idol songs,
    what does Mayu, and only Mayu have to offer to make it a unique song?

And to make it broader, what kind of song would be THE Mayuyu song?

Since she does try to portray this orthodox idol that has no flaws,
    I have trouble seeing anything unique about her.
    Sorry for having this wrong opinion.

19. Elementaljyt

Elementaljyt Kenkyuusei

20. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    For people that think Mayu isn't getting justice… you do realize she's had a solo career with four singles, right? Each with several b-sides?

Even though she's center, it's not ALL about her.

AKB songs can't all be tailor-made to whoever is the center. KFC, as a song, had nothing to do with Sasshi no matter how much the Sasshi fans pine to say that the lyrics are about her.

I think KNP is just fine. The PV is a bit drab compared to KFC, with which it shares many similarities.. but I still think the overall feel of the song is very warm and uplifting, and I'm sure Mayu is happy with it.