Single AKB48 37th (Kokoro no Placard) 14/08/27

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 7, 2014.

1. YKT

YKT Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    MayuyuOrg
    As noted by others with reference to the Documentary of AKB, the concept (Showa era Disco) and lyrics for KNP were conceptualized and written before the results of the election.

Had Sasshi won, she would've centered this.

2. undine235

undine235 Kenkyuusei

soooo... I actually like the Team 8 song just a bit more than KNP. ignoring the hilarious fact that I think the song literally hit every blue sky/driving/road trope ever (as it relates to idol songs), it reminds me a little of tsugi no season, which I love. the dance is energetic and fun, and oddly enough, the team 8 girls look like they're having so much fun singing that I can't help but get excited too! I think that's what's been missing for me in AKB lately - girls singing, dancing, and having a genuinely fun time. it's not polished, but it works for me :D

I agree with whomever said that not interacting with the main group has been helpful - these girls are definitely gonna be a nice injection of freshness into AKB when their promotions are done.

3. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

^ Me! lol

Maybe that was the idea. [hehe]
    Had Sasshi won and center this, this would become her thing. Being surrounded by people. The People's Idol.

But Mayu won, and they had decided on all this before, so... oops! :p

4. leoASH

leoASH Kenkyuusei

The cover for this single was well made awesome[hehe] But the girl at the back senbatsu I can't see you

The mv it seems fun & with the budget that being throw into making this mv. It was a good pv:whistle:

The song itself was growing on me but seriously aki-p or management..u all can do much more better than this..look at akb0048 song it was damn well awesome:^^;:

5. Starlight

Starlight Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    The covers are really fun! I haven't seen such an animated cover before...though I have no idea how it is related to the song.

As YKT said, the song and concept was decided way before Mayuyu won. I wonder how many times this has to be repeated before certain people get it. I also wish that Mayuyu can get a customized song with a unique concept but from a business perspective, why risk something new when there is a success formula to follow?

Despite the similarities between KNP and KFC, I find KNP more enjoyable due to the signboard gimmicks. I was looking at the messages on those signboards the whole time rather than the girls dancing. Some are really funny and some are quite thought provoking. I think if they make use of this gimmick creatively the song has potential to go viral.

6. YKT

YKT Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    MayuyuOrg
    Yes, enough of this "written to fit Mayu" nonsense or Mayu asked specifically for such a song.

Aki-P decided on this Showa era Disco Image concept for this single before the election results.

7. Mayuyubro

Mayuyubro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sasakiyukari
    of course she asked specifically for this song like in LR because everybody knows that she loves dogs :awesome:

8. MurasakiSora

MurasakiSora Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Not sure what to make of the covers since I did not expect this at all. They're alright I suppose the but the backgrounds are putting me a bit off. Sasshi the sphinx on the type A cover though. [hehe]

The PV does remind me of a combination of Banzai Venus and KFC. I don't mind the concept too much and it's always fun to have songs that everyone can dance along to (and go viral too). Plus I like the placard idea and adds its own dimension to the song. The outfits look out of place to me though in this PV setting and those cupcake skirts are just terrible. And while it looks alright when they're dancing together with it being half blue half pink, when it's just Mayu, Sasshi and Yukirin dancing it just looks weird with Sasshi in blue and the two in pink.

9. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Did I just watch Koisuru Fortune Cookie's EXACT PV again?? They seriously can't come up with a new concept?

10. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

Does anyone have another link for Team 8's song? It's already private:/

The covers are interesting. They feel a little tacky but they aren't super awful either?

And everyone saying this is KFC's PV, you haven't even seen the full thing yet! And really, does it matter if they're trying to make KFC 2.0? We all know sales will still be relatively good regardless of songs, mvs etc, so trying to replicate KFC's major success isn't an awfully horrendous idea. Whether it's successful or not is irrelevant - management can do what they want and the song would be mostly the same (perhaps with minor (outfit/dance/etc) changes as we've seen before) regardless of who won. If it takes off, awesome. If not, management still rakes in cash. And one thing you're forgetting is this is a song for Japanese audiences - that's not to say the international community should be ignored or is irrelevant, but we're the minority so our views and ideas are probably really different to the ideas and preferences of Japanese fans.

11. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

Man... the KnP PV is trying so hard to be like KFC it is kinda embarrassing to watch IMO. :fp: Don't really have a problem with the song anymore though... even the paiyaiyaiyaiyai part doesn't bother me as much as it used to. LOL. Just for experimenting purposes though someone needs to try running the KFC audio over the KnP video to see if it matches up visually. :hehe:

12. fubuki

fubuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    but in the end Mayuyu wota will buy this single very much and this will be another million hit for AKB48 no matter what the quality of the song (no offence to Mayuyu fan)

and I'm starting to listen more and more to this cover cuz it's better than the original in my opinion

if the video does not show watch the video here

13. MurasakiSora

MurasakiSora Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

14. suwidering

suwidering Kenkyuusei

summary :
    pink = idol of idols, blue = variety's idol

15. Mayuyubro

Mayuyubro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sasakiyukari
    thought it was pink = odd, blue = pair, by SSK ranking

16. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

It took me until one of them said "Hokkaido" to realize that it wasn't their names that they were each singing aloud. :^^;:

LOL. I kinda agree... is it too late to trade songs with Team 8? :hehe:

17. Elementaljyt

Elementaljyt Kenkyuusei

Sasshi's cover is the "Creation of Venus"!:rofl:

18. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

PV from AKB48 YT page.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  19. Sayumi4

Sayumi4 Kenkyuusei

The first thing I thought of when I saw the covers was Passpo's Step&Go:^O^:, even so I do like them. Really the music video is a slight improvement over KFC because we at least see the girls pretty much the whole time instead of it being the fans. I'm still not too sold on this single, but I like Team 8's song, now to wait for the other b-sides.

20. Starlight

Starlight Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Some more info about cd covers
    • Members on CD Type A are those who ranked with an odd number
    • Members on Type B are those who ranked with an even number
    • The covers have a theme "Mayuyu's world", inspired by her love for anime. Also they want to portray that the dance is easy enough for the world to follow, therefore each of the cover has a setting from different parts of the world
    • Type A setting is the Desert, Type B is Ocean, Type C is Jungle, Type D is called "it's a Mayuyu world", and u can see random characters like Ali Baba or a monkey dancing along
    • The girls pose using dance moves from the choreography
    • The variety element of Sashihara is also portrayed in the covers, but that's more for her fans to interpret and enjoy.
    Info about the MV
    • The choreographer behind this dance is same for King Cream Soda's "gero gero po no uta", which became a hit amongst kids this year
    • MV was filmed in a shopping street in Shizuoka
    Sources from yahoo.jp