Members you hated, but now love (or vice versa)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by karles48, Oct 20, 2011.

1. technosworld

technosworld Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    furuhatanao
    I don't get the hate for Jurina? Was there some kind of special family member or push or something? Does it matter? For being an 11 year old, to be pushed into stardom like she was and still managed to handle it well. She's like a veteran member and she's only 17 now? It's crazy. She's handled her role with maturity and grace, I don't have a problem with her at all.

I mean, look at some of the other members who started around her age...like Oku Mamani who IMO was terrible as an idol.

2. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I think a lot of people dislike Jurina mostly because she's so popular..and she's a front-member for two groups. I can understand the distaste from the diehard SKE fans, mostly because they've never got to enjoy other girls centering the a-sides. With AKB, there have been many different centers, but SKE has always been WMatsui.

I think Jurina is pretty much untouchable though. I adore her. I've always found her fascinating, since she never had a dramatic improvement. She's always been top-notch as a performer, and the fact that she's only 17 is crazy to me. I could never join the Idol industry at age 11 and maintain my sanity.

Back to Takamina though… I've found something else that's made me start disliking her these days. Her performance vocals have gotten so terrible lately :( Like I understand that she's a very hard worker and that she has a lot on her plate… but from an objective perspective, why on earth is it so hard to do the "AKB" opening line from River without screwing it up? She either lip-syncs it or sounds TERRIBLE doing it, and I just don't get it.

3. CherryBonchan

CherryBonchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Ahh @natsunishi @technosworld @MocchiMooch regarding NO3B & Kojiharu's graduation...I think I prefer them graduating together? Sure, they're 1st Gens, but I don't separately I don't believe they warrant a Acchan/Yuko sized graduation concert, which is what Miichan, Takamina, & Kojiharu rightfully deserve. If they were to graduate together, Aki-P would have his hand forced on the issue. We'd have this giant NO3B/"last of 1st Gen" passing the torch style graduation concert where all three shine brighter than Acchan & Yuko. That's coming at it from a business standpoint.

Now, I do believe NO3B is still around because they're smart women that understand success & job offers can dry up when you're not in the spotlight anymore. Sure, we hear & see Yuko a lot now, for instance, but give it a year & the news will be few & far between :/ So, it's one part job security. Secondly, Miichan, Takamina, & Kojiharu are actually good at what they do-- it's pretty difficult to stop doing something you're good at [that you also love].

Regarding Mayuyu: Mayuyu & her oshis represent the old version of 'idol' & 'wotas,' so she can be very polarizing when it comes to the modern version of idols Aki-P & the 48 Groups have created; "idols you can meet & shake hands with," y'know. Her old cutesy purity character used to get on my nerves, but she seems like a chill person, especially when she's with Koji Kato on Mechaike.

PS- is there an ongoing tally for 'Most Loved/Liked --> Hated/Disliked' & 'Most Hated/Disliked --> Loved/Liked?'

4. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Considering how little they seem to care about Miichan these days, I think you're right about the concert setting. There's no way they'd give Miichan that much honor. Hell, I was even surprised Sayaka got as many units as she did at her grad concert. Mariko and Tomochin were like angels descending into to heaven, and then they were like "K, bye" to Sayaka.

It'd suck to see Miichan get that kind of treatment, while Takamina and Nyan would be getting this overdramatic emotional send-off.

So maybe a group graduation would be better in the end. I want them all to get the honor they deserve.

5. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Funnily enough I was just watching the bluray of Sayaka's graduation concert tonight and I have to say I disagree with your assessment. I thought there was a lot more feeling and emotion in Sayaka's concert and especially emotion from the members to her whereas I felt Tomochin's was rather superficial in the way it was organised. Tomochin's grad was all gloss whereas Sayaka's was all heart. Also I felt that Sayaka's graduation was more of a tribute to Team K as a group, especially getting Yuka, Nattsumi and the other grads back, it felt like a collective thank you to them too.

6. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Sayaka got an amazing graduation concert though... She's not exactly an example of "ok bye" treatment, that would be Kasai Tomomi (sadly). Sayaka's grad concert was beautiful, and the attention was clearly on her, as much as Mariko or Tomo's concerts. They even bring graduated 2nd gen, and many members cried (as much than Mariko/Tomo or even more). It was touching. I think last year, all 3 members had beautiful goodbye concerts.

7. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    But compared to Tomochin's, though. That's what I was saying. Sayaka's grad concert was wonderful, and it was definitely enjoyable. But Tomochin's was just CRAZY, and it was even more focused than Mariko's. Out of the three, I would've expected Mariko to have gotten the gigantic ordeal.

8. technosworld

technosworld Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    furuhatanao
    yeah but Tomochin was already becoming a huge idol on her own, solo artist, fashion icon, etc.

9. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I think it's because Tomochin has a solo career, so she has more songs she could perform, and at the same time, all of her center unit songs are popular, so they made her perform each one of them. Mariko and Sayaka don't have that much popular unit songs so they did normal performances. and wasn't it the last concert of their tour, for Tomochin's grad? Mariko grad first, because she had to graduate at Fukuoka (her hometown). For Sayaka, it was Tokyo, same for Tomochin, but they made Tomochin last maybe because she's more popular, also because she's a first gen, so Tomochin is Sayaka's senior. and because Tomochin's last concert was also their last one for the Dome Tour, they tried to make it bigger. but really, other than Tomo's solo / unit songs, I think there aren't much differences and they all got amazing graduation concerts. ^^

10. CherryBonchan

CherryBonchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Right, I agree with @Mana in that Sayaka, Mariko, and Tomochin all got amazing grad concerts, but it certainly wasn't the size and scale of Acchan or Yuko's grad concert; in this regard, I feel as if most girls are cheated out of getting what they truly deserve-- a giant ass spectacle send-off in honor of the grad girl. So for NO3B, especially given their 1st gen status & what they've meant to AKB over the years, they deserve an Acchan/Yuko sized grad concert, but I know, sad as it is, that separately they won't have one. Singularly, they'd all have their Sayaka-sized grad concerts, but together it's an absolutely MONUMENTAL event. It would be the last of the 1st Gens passing the torch to the 2nd-5th Gens.

11. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

If they bow out of Sousenkyo then I don't mind them staying as long as they want... but those two election senbatsu and high undergirl spots are valuable real estate... much rather those spots go to newer members on the rise. :whistle:

12. ranko

ranko Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    GPBchan
    The thread has moved on a bit from the Jurina topic, but I'd still like to share my opinion.

When I was an AKB/SKE noob, I loved Jurina and thought she was the perfect idol. Then I started watching stage performances and I discovered how many great members there other than the most popular. To clarify, I don't hate her because she's popular, I don't even hate her. I just think that there are so many girls in 48G with their own images and personalities, and Jurina is just not the one for me. I don't find her funny or cute, but she's a good performer.

I don't follow SKE outside of team E, so I don't really see her perform much. From what I have seen, I don't like performances where she's at the center. I honestly have no good reason for it, I just don't think she's a particularly good center. I enjoy team K performances more when she isn't there. And no, it's not me hating on kennins or something, I love Sayanee and think she's a perfect addition to K. I just don't like Jurina.

13. fluffy

fluffy Kenkyuusei

Yea, her concert was probably the most rushed crappy thing I have watched. and fitting with this thread, she is one of those girls that I kinda disliked at first but came to appreciate much later on.

The way she was hastily graduated and thrown out into a so far lackluster solo career has been a real bummer.

When I first saw her I thought she was a bit of a primadonna. But going back and watching the old documentaries and her Team B stage performances after the first shuffle made me realize she was a very good performer and a great asset to her team. Her singing is probably one of the most underrated of the old gen girls.

I really wish they could go back and time and give her the send off she truly deserved.

14. Hitsuji

Hitsuji Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    this is just my opinion! Don't hate me!
    I'm afraid she's (Jurina) the one member I used to love, but now really hate.
    Dont get me wrong, i used to love her. she can really perform, and was amazing in Uza (my favbourite akb song). And Technosworld is right in that she handled herself very well when she was so young. BUt she's not 11 anymore!
    At the end of last year when i really started to like akb, i began to dislike her. Im not sure its her exactly or the fact that she's already pretty much the unchallenged leader of ske. And yet her speech this year was pretty much how much she wanted to be the center of akb as well. I know that ske and akb are on two different levels, but it was sort of like, is domination of one not enough for you? plus when she was younger she was cute and bubbly. Now she just gets on my nerves.

As for hate to love, it's got to be paru.
    She always just looked so.... evil. :blink:
    But after a while (especially this year) she's grown on me. She's pretty cute, and she's really started to learn how to work a camera.
    Oh, and walking off the stage after her short sharp speech this year was brilliant! :XD:

15. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

My first encounters with Jurina was before I had any favourite within the AKB group. AKBINGO where she had a challenge against the AKB girls as an 11/12 year old, and when she did Honesty Chess, and she was in Heavy Rotation.

Have never had a negative feeling about her. I think she has been as competent as you can get within this genre, and having dominated SKE for so long through natural talent, I guess it is easy to imagine she getting jaded, now being a veteran lol, and needs greater challenges...such as her goals. I think that if a girl does have some natural talents then she should explore them to the full.

Though practically she would have to think about fan reaction to her goals and if it is possible to maintain support if switching.

16. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I got to agree on the Paruru thing.
    I didn't hate her (I don't think I've ever hated a member lol), but I was pretty indifferent towards her.
    But now she's like a top tier member and she's s still like "Yada!I don't wanna do this" in a funny way lol
    Like her photoshoot in AKBingo the other day. She went up there, did her thing and then she was giggling shyly afterwards. :^^;:

As for Jurina, the only moment where I saw her shine was during her Oogoe Diamond acoustic version in the Nagoya Dome.
    She's pretty blank to me in everything else. And I dread the day she turns 18 and can be everywhere all the time. :XD:
    I feel the day she gets 1st in the election will be the day she decides/announces her graduation.

17. SeifukuGirls

SeifukuGirls Kenkyuusei

Watanabe Mayu
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Kinoshita Yukiko
    Hirata Rina
    Saito Asuka
    Kinoshita Haruna

18. Amina26

Amina26 Kenkyuusei

I used to hate Paruru a lot but I,ve grown to love her.

19. Nuneul

Nuneul Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    I used to dislike a lot of my current faves 48g members lol.
    Meru is the best example, I hated her because of her push. Then I realized she didn't decided to take Haruppi's place alone, and I took interest on her... Her goofy character is everything I love lol.

I used to hate Mako, Jurina, Milky, Paruru & Sasshi, but this was just to follow the trend lol. Mako's similarities with Yui gave me interest on her. For Jurina, I still dislike to see her so much in AKB despite she's only here for the senbatsu. But in SKE... She loves SKE so much, she's so dedicaced to them... Something I admire. Milky, this was because of her scandals. Then I learned about her story, the time she spend in dance lessons, and now I respect her a lot. Sasshi, I never got why I wasn't into her lol... Maybe because I had no interest on HKT at this time ? It's really hard to hate on her when you notice her work for HKT. And Paru, because of Eien Pressure's lives. Now she has improved so much. And her mentality is pretty interisting.

In the other hand, I currently can't bear Sayanee. I dislike their singing now. Sometimes I feel also like she's using NMB to get popular... But the most annoying thing is her fans. 90% of them pretends to love her because of her talent, but if she had no boobs and wasn't a front girl, they wouldn't care about her lol. And some are like "xxx is so pushed, Sayaka is better" when she's as pushed as the xxx girl. Sorry guys... This annoys me, simply.
    Not a fan of Sae & Takamina too, even they were some of my first oshis. But I don't hate them, they just don't interest me anymore.
    (I won't put Mayu since I've hated her since the first time I saw her face... "tête à claques" as we say in my country.)

20. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Using NMB to get popular? You mean... that she actually wants to go solo and is just there to get her name out there? Well, welcome to the idoling world. :^^;:
    Idol groups are like a arts schools. They go in, they learn, they leave when they feel they're ready to do bigger and better things. That's why they "graduate".

Still, Sayanee addressed her worries about being the only NMB girl in senbatsu during the election, so it's not like she doesn't care about her group.

As for the front girls thing. I do agree with you a bit, but I guess they're the easiest to get into? They're everywhere, so it's easier to see them.
    Chuba sings just as well as Sayanee, but Sayanee is much more rounded in terms of dancing skills and, I gotta say it, beauty. She's the whole package, IMO.

I'm much more into the underdog type of girl and I still can't help but feel certain magnetism towards her. :^^;: