[GENERAL] The NGT48 Thread

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 25, 2015.

1. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Too far maybe. But I am liking the idea regardless. Liking it quite a bit, actually!:awesome:

He would not have necessarily lied about knowing only a week prior. It is entirely possible that the plan, and any deals associated with it, were just finalized with his approval at that time. Once finalized, they would have want to move quickly on it, hence an announcement a week later. I don't think Aki-P would have been deeply involved in the process all along the way. Wasn't TGSK the front man in the selection of Sakae for what would then become SKE48? I thought I saw that in one of the documentaries or something.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  2. ajeossi76

ajeossi76 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    I like it! :) First time I get to know AKB group from the beginning. I predict there will be couple transfers from other groups, to get some experience among new girls. We live exciting times :)

3. Faint

Faint Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gabrielamargarethwarouw
    a new group, meanwhile Aki-P can't even pump out a new single for HKT :poop:

4. Corinth

Corinth Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    I have mixed feelings. It's going to be fun to see a new group come together, especially in the area I used to live in in Japan.
    I traveled through there often, and the snow is definitely an issue in the winter months, but people are also used to dealing with it. There's a difference between snow falling in a place where you know it'll fall every year, versus a place where it rarely falls.

It'll be nice to have a team on the Sea of Japan side. Location wise, it only takes about 2 hours to get there from Tokyo, which is less than it takes to go between Tokyo and Osaka. There are also a lot of express trains to serve the other major cities in the area. In a few months, the Hokuriku Shinkansen will open to more stations, making the journey for some people even faster along the Sea of Japan side.

The downside is more groups means more members being included in AKB48 single senbatsu and making it even harder for AKB48 members to get airtime.

5. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    What i'm relieved of is that there's a background work before considering launching the group. They debuted to think about it comparing with other possibilities, and they chose the safest option with locals willing to help develop the new sister group.

Now they have to find out the flavor/concept and find the girls suited for it.

6. Mayuyusuki

Mayuyusuki Member

I wonder if this new group will debut an original stage, or if they'll recycle previous stages. God, we need new stages already...:fp:

7. Jisei

Jisei Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    jcrasco
    A new group? I haven't even mastered NMB48 yet:glare:. Oh well at least i started from the very beginning. :shifty:

8. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

AKB: 2005
    SKE: 2008
    NMB: 2010
    HKT: 2011
    NGT: 2015

I mean... it's not like HKT was created two months ago (HKT was actually formed mere months after NMB's debut...).
    I'd say it was about time for a new group. :^^;:

Let's wait and see.
    I don't think we'll see a NGT representative in AKB until for a while (except for the summer singles), unless one of the girls turns out to be a Hashimoto Kanna in disguise.

9. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

^ I figured Summer 2016 (44th Single) is when we will see our first NGT48 member (or members) in AKB48 senbatsu.

Like we did with NMB (Sayanee and Miyuki) in 2011 and HKT in 2012 (Haruppi).

Do wonder if we will see our first NGT48 Single around that time as well? (Summer 2016)

10. Sayanara231

Sayanara231 Kenkyuusei

I actually think that HKT was a little too left alone from the other groups in the beginning(looking at it from a retrospective) and I hope they change that with NGT from the get-go. it should be a lot easier too, given that it's easier to get to Tokyo from Niigata as it is from Fukuoka. I personally wouldn't mind the idea of sending an experienced member to Niigata right away. someone said before that they think it would be a punishment to send a member out into the country in Niigata(somewhat exaggerated) but don't forget that it would pretty much come with a guaranteed life-time NGT48 Senbatsu position. so it definitely has advantages as well.
    btw, Aki-P said on his 755 that SPR48 and even other locations are still very much possible to come and that there's actually already preparations for it going. so we might see a few more sister groups popping up right after NGT48. I hope they actually have a long-term plan for the increased sister-groups and aren't just going with the idea of p**ping out new groups left and right and see how the established systems(like 48g Senbatsus) will work afterwards...

11. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.

A single debut before the election would be nice, but seeing how long it took HKT...

12. infinitehippos

infinitehippos Member

They haven't auditioned people yet ... a single release prior to the election isn't going to happen realistically.

13. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Here's hoping we don't have to wait long. Hoping they do the same for SKE (10 months) and NMB48 (9 months). Not how long it took HKT48 (16 months). Don't want the first single of NGT48 to be out in February 2017.

Talking about 2016. We know there won't be a single in 2015 for NGT48.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  14. infinitehippos

infinitehippos Member

I would say that even that would be unlikely. I'd not expect one before autumn 2016 really, maybe summer if they find some especially good new members.

15. Nagewaza

Nagewaza Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabushitashu
    Just a thought, but I'm looking at NGT as the first group in a second wave. SKE -> HKT were established in the space of 3-4 years, and NGT and possibly one or two more groups will come along in the next 3 years as well.

Coming from a management perspective it would sense for Aki-p to have this arrangement and focus to build a second wave. It doesn't seem like Aki-p to just be creating NGT and then stop to focus on this one new endeavour. Rmb NMB and HKT despite being so faaar apart from each other geographically were planned within a year of each other.

In this vein perhaps SPR is coming soon (kinda like a tohoku to hokkaido northward movement). Who knows.

16. evile1690

evile1690 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    evile1690
    Any guesses what NGT48's main color will be? I think something like bluegreen would suit them,,

17. XTN

XTN Kenkyuusei

^
    Could be brown or even white lol. Green is Team K and Blue is Team B already ... (it's just team color but...idek)

Red will be super cool, or something pattern like NMB ^^ i never get why HKT has black as their color tho?

18. Sae Chan

Sae Chan Member

Member of The Institute for Miyazawa Sae Worship
    Oshimen:
    Miyazawa Sae
    Twitter:
    SaeChanOshi33
    Yeah Black is so depressing

19. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

It worked out well for Sasshi and Lovetan who needed a fresh start and for HKT who needed experienced senpai figures.

I was thinking winter 2016 tbh, they need a year or so to settle in. I was wondering which record company would pick them up

AKB: King Records
    SKE: Avex
    NMB: Yoshimoto/Laugh out Loud
    HKT: Universal
    NGT: Warners?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  20. evile1690

evile1690 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    evile1690
    @Reveen don't forget PonyCanyon now that Warota's gone. They'll need something from AKS again [hehe]

@XTN I was thinking either turquoise and aquamarine would suit them too. A sea-ish kind of color. Dunno why. Also afaik Bluegreen has never been used in the 48G yet.