【documentary】original C of UZA are Jurina and Mayuyu

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Mano Haruka, Jan 22, 2013.

1. otoppoi

otoppoi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

This doesn't really surprise me. As someone else mentioned, in the PV it seems pretty much like Mayu and Jurina ARE the centers, anyway.

2. Mano Haruka

Mano Haruka Kenkyuusei

Mayu is sure to take over the thrown... :hehe:

mayu's setback and resumption, competition between J, M and P, center of 29th are all part of the management's well-composed drama script, which is intended to capture more attention from kinda bored fans. Otherwise, how vapid it is to tell you directly: Mayu is to take over ...

3. Romeo

Romeo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kinoshitayukiko
    Yeah, this doesn't surprise me, the pv made it seem like a JuriMayu center in the first place. I remember watching it for the first time wondering why Yuko had this lack of screen time.

I understand the need to push the new gen, but honestly this kind of irritates me that Yuko is just there as a second choice :|

With her want to pursue acting and management just pushing her aside, I honestly think she should just graduate :/ It saddens me to think about her graduating but if she is going to have to babysit and is not going to get a chance to be the actual center outside sousenkyou then she it would probably be for the best to just leave and put all her attention into acting.

4. Redirector

Redirector Kenkyuusei

She was never in the management's favor to being with. Not when AKB48 first started out, not even when she got 2nd place in the sousenkyo multiple times, not even when she proved to be one of a kind. But that's not the problem. The problem is that even as the new Ace she's still not in the management's favor. Like, what the hell does a girl have to do to be recognized around here? Like that sort of feeling. It freakin' bugs me everyday :fp:

5. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    ^ Well, tbh I feel that none of 2nd and 3rd gen girls are in the management's favor when it comes to the original 3 generations, unlike 1st gen.

6. seiryu

seiryu Kenkyuusei

[shock] [shock] [shock] I am shocked that so many people here said Yuko is mistreated by management. I like Yuko too but to say that the member with most senbatsu appearances in 2gen is mistreated is a complete disrespect to nearly 100 other girls in AKB who barely appear in AKB senbatsu for so many years!!! [shock] [shock] [shock]

For the center topic, I don't think Yuko would gain any benefits as center. AKB is now at its peak and Yuko is currently the most popular AKB members. The public now know her very well already. What she need to do now for her future acting career is to show her acting skills to the movie producers and directors. And for this purpose, I think some short AKB drama such as "So long" is very beneficial. And she does not need to be center for that.

7. Redirector

Redirector Kenkyuusei

I didn't mean to make it sound like Yuko has been mistreated. She has not been mistreated but she has been continuously ignored.

8. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

Yuko really isn't getting anything out of this anymore but AkiP won't let her graduate to do her acting career either....... :hmm:

AKB dramas can't help her. She already have more skills compare to others. She need drama roles with experienced actors to help her learn more but being in AKB might limit her to those activities because she have to do idol activities AND act in dramas.

9. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Anybody else feels like this sounds like carefully manufactured pseudo drama?
    Like:
    Old center left, new candidate is assigned to center, but doesn't quite deliver. Result nice tear jerking segment for Documentary. Mayuyu promise to improve. Then Mayu given center position in next single. Happy end.

Mayuyu dancing skills are not enough? C'mon, seriously. It kind of assumes that AKB should be professional level highly tuned dance group. Which they are not by long shot. I'm not buying this at all..

10. OSR48

OSR48 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    nogibabiez
    All AKB dramas are midnight drama. They are broadcasted in midnight,a time when people do not watch TV and prefer to go to sleep. Except if you really like AKB48 (read : wota). Yuko already have some dramas which was broadcasted in primetime and she acted with popular actrees/actors. Playing in midnight drama with bunch of AKB girls do not give any benefit to her carrer.

11. Starshard

Starshard Kenkyuusei

If we are to be skeptical, many AKB "events" can be categorized as "carefully manufactured pseudo drama" - like (but not limited to) putting Jurina in O.D resulting in igniting Acchan's competitive flame? Acchan losing against Yuko in Sousenkyo and get her crown back in the next? Mayuyu's frustration tears in 2nd Sousenkyo? Mariko's speech? Jurina's health problem? etc. We can spend many hours listing touching / inspiring events that can be planned in advance for the sake of drama. But these events are just that - "can be planned", not "were planned". They can also be events that really happened and the management / documentary's production staff make use of them and put them in dramatic light. Or they can simply be that dramatic originally without any pre-arranging or manipulating. How you look that them is completely up to you.

For example, from a non-skeptical PoV - this can make perfect sense. The girls themselves called UZA's choreography the hardest they ever had, which means it's quite complex / fierce for them. Mayuyu's dancing may be good (at least in AKB level), but wasn't powerful / fiercely enough for it, so they changed to a more suitable choice. Mayuyu, with her well-known competitiveness, put all her effort into improving and showed us the result. It makes as much sense to me as your conspiracy theory might have to you.

After all, what AKB sells is their image (or illusions as some like to call it) with tales to build up these images. Just like religion, if you want to enjoy them, don't try to apply logic or try to go down to the root of the tales. These can be true, they can also be wrong, but analyzing them will likely just only bring down your level of enjoyment. Personally, I choose to believe in these (unless there are conclusive proofs against them) so I can fully enjoy my favorite group =)

12. Weezon

Weezon Member Stage48 Donor

Yuko &Jurina are the centers in the Type A cd cover :^^;: , but in the PV, obviously we can see its Mayu and Jurina,,, :p , if the management say it should be, then it will be, even if you rank number 1 in the ranking,,the management will just push members they want to,, no matter how fans react.. they will still do what they want.. [speechless] ,

for example,
    Aki-p to fans: shut up and watch Paruru,,, [hehe] :lol:

13. Fionarei

Fionarei Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    No one thinks management is doing Yuko a favor by pushing young gen?

She's already gained enough fame and found her path. I think she's ready to leave anytime since Acchan is already gone. But it's already been mentioned that Takamina and Yuko won't be allowed to graduate if they can't find their replacement. Which I think is the main reason why they keep pushing 3 candidates up so quickly so that Yuko would be able to follow her dream.

14. Starshard

Starshard Kenkyuusei

^ Er, let's not be misinformed. I don't know which source you read it from, but the management aren't forcing Yuko / Takamina to stay. They are free to leave anytime they want. AkiP only tell Yuko "If you leave at this moment, AKB will be done. But I won't make you take all responsibilities". They (Yuko and Takamina) are staying because of their emotional attachment / feeling of responsibility to the group they've been in for 7 years, if nothing else :p

15. Fionarei

Fionarei Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    ^
    Q : Takahashi Minami-san said, that she and Yuko-san weren’t allowed to graduate until finding a new face of yourself, right?

Yuko - That was actually a quite shocking thing which Akimoto-sensei said to us, so I thought that I will hide it inside of myself. But she said it *laugh* Now everybody knows about it, I really have to find someone! If Takamina wouldn’t have said it, I'd be able to hide it *laugh*

http://juurina.tumblr.com/post/34692602986/matsui-jurina-oshima-yuko-interview-from-akb48-group

My point is not that management is forcing her to stay. But that when they're pushing Mayuyu Paruru or Jurina, it doesn't look like they are pushing Yuko aside for me. It also benefits her in a way.

16. seiryu

seiryu Kenkyuusei

I agree with Fionarei that by pushing the youngsters, Yuko is now relieved from her center duty and can have more time to pursue her own career. Therefore, I don't think Yuko is ignored in this case. In the past, the popularity growth of Yuko has largely coincided with the growth of AKB. I think what AkiP hopes now is to end that. AKB needs to end its reliance on Yuko while Yuko needs to find fans through her outside works (something Mariko and Tomochin have done successfully IMO).

I agree that AKB dramas are not that attractive (they are more like marketing tools rather than real dramas [hehe]). However, a not-good one is better than nothing :D. Yuko's filmography in 2012 is very limited, I think. Besides, as AKB is one of the most popular things now, anyone including Yuko will take a popularity hit when she leaves AKB. Thus, to compensate for this reduced popularity, Yuko needs to use her acting skills. Yuko is certainly one of the best actress in AKB but how she fares against real actress remains unknown. So far, I don't think Acchan has got much success in her acting career either which is quite worrying.

17. Starshard

Starshard Kenkyuusei

^
    ^ Personally, I read that in a joking tone instead of a serious one. A serious "you are not allowed to leave" would imply that the management had been actively using legal means and connections to prevent them from leaving (with contracts / blocking outside opportunities for example). I doubt the management would do that or even have enough power to do that.

18. Fionarei

Fionarei Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    ^
    [speechless]

19. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

How does she have more time? Even if she's put in the last row of the senbatsu, she will still have to go to all the promotional activities and so on, so... when it comes to her acting career, it doesn't matter in which position she's put in a single.

I wonder if she fell out of senbatsu and was just leader and center of Team K... she would still be featured in the team songs and such. Graduation is not the only path. [think]

20. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

The BIGGEST issue I have is Yuko is still in the group and can't focus on her acting cuz she have to babysit and wait for the younger members to get better. She's in this limbo, stuck between her idol jobs and her role as an actress. AKB release 5 singles a year + concerts + albums... that's a lot of promotional time that can be spend on refining her acting skills. So yeah I am hoping the juniors get better soon.

I remember an interview from last yr that Yuko said she's ready to graduate but AkiP asked her to stay. I didn't save it tho so no idea how to find it but AkiP can ask these girls to stay. After all, why would the management let important members go so soon and lose money? They can't FORCE them but they can keep them into leaving.
    Of course the girls obligations to the group can make them wait from graduating. They're too responsible to up and quit even if they want to, because they know AKB still need them :fp:

So idk...50/50 situation I guess?