[3/11] Earthquake & tsunamis in Japan (all x48 are ok)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by delerium, Mar 11, 2011.

1. sola0713

sola0713 Kenkyuusei

I admit, I never thought about that. =/

I knew the energy has to be used since it can't be stored, but they could at least direct it elsewhere for a more appropriate use. I frequently visit my dad's office in the CBD, and he hates it when the building management tells him to turn on basically everylight that's anywhere near the windows. They gave him the reason, "to promote the city's beauty by government requirement".
    But yea, ANYWAY, I have some LED light bulbs as well, but the light they give off is so dim. :hmm: Any suggestions on a particular brand Waffles?

--------
    Did anyone know that there were earthquakes on WEDNESDAY, before the 8.9 one even struck? If I remember correctly, it was 7.X, and also off the coast. But it was a bit further out and so the waves that struck the shoreline was insignificant.
    --------
    That's great news aihime, your dad is really one to be proud of! Some people make great leaders xD.
    --------
    Thanks Melos, those stories are better news than hearing about the power plants...

2. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

I remember sending a message to my friend in facebook, she told me she was fine.
    Then that wednesday I was reviewing some stuff and I got with the USGS page that had listed TWO earthquakes with a little difference in minutes, both of 7.9 Mw.
    went rushed to facebook, then here, posted both separate links for both earthquakes in the Post Dump, then a friend was saying it was 8.9 and I was about to correct her when the pages were "fusionated" and were both pointing to a mega earthquake of 8.9. =/

3. Betazu

Betazu Kenkyuusei

I got words from my sister that a volcano (i don't know which volcano) in Japan are starting to get active due recent seismic activity. It's spewing smokes right now. Anyone can confirm this?

4. TomoChiyuu

TomoChiyuu Kenkyuusei

5. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Gobo and Llewella were talking about it on the previous page. It's an active volcano so it's natural that it would react to the earthquake, which was caused by the same forces that cause volcanos to erupt.

6. Betazu

Betazu Kenkyuusei

So it's true then...so besides the earthquake, tsunami and nuclear reactors problem, people of Japan have to deal with the probability of a major eruption of volcano anytime from now...[sweat]

7. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    No, because it already erupted, and it's at the very south of the country, so will only affect people down there. It's not like the Iceland volcano or anything... read its wiki page here.

8. Madcat2020

Madcat2020 Kenkyuusei

My god, what the hell? Are they drunk or what? That's not just a wave, it's a monster will sent you to your maker if they got eaten. Lucky it's not the 2004 tsunami which devasted SE Asia and India. Or by hell, I wanna see them in video and sent it to top 20's Dumb Dudes 3.

How's west coast USA btw?

Planing to make a praying to the Japanese ppl later after work. Just hope I won't bumb to the anti-Japanese Chinese again

9. yuji82

yuji82 Kenkyuusei

10. TomoChiyuu

TomoChiyuu Kenkyuusei

^ Yukio Edano said the vessel was not damaged, thank god [whew]
    but workers still got injured which means less people will be helping with maintenance until Japan find replacements for them. :fp:
    I hope the workers are not badly injured and will recover soon.[​IMG]

11. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    A friend linked me this-

[​IMG]

“Man tearfully hugs his dog after being found by a firefighter. From Sendai-shi, Wakabayashi-ku (Tokyo Shinbun)

:cry:

In case anyone isn't following along at home, the one plant (Fukushima daiichi/ #1) has 6 separate reactors. The one that had the explosion the other day was #1 reactor, this was the same sort of explosion (hydrogen caused by the cooling process) but outside reactor #3. They're saying that the actual containment and reactors are fine though. The core (which has the nuclear material) is what will be destroyed in the event of a meltdown (it will literally melt into a pit underneath it), which should be mostly contained by the containment dome.

12. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

AKB has set up a charity fund for quake victims.
    I don't think you can donate from outside Japan (I'll translate the post anyway later) but members, staff and Akimoto-sensei all have donated, and Togasaki is asking fans to do, too. All proceed will go to the Japanese red cross.

I am very proud of being an AKB fan at the moment. All the members and the management are behaving in the most responsible, helping way, and I really salute them for this.

13. TomoChiyuu

TomoChiyuu Kenkyuusei

^ Doesn't the post give you the address the ship the money to? hm.. if people outside of Japan can donate through AKB48, then i'll do that instead of RedCross. And just like you, i'm proud that i'm a fan of a group that's responsible. LOVES AKB48 EVEN MORE NOW <3

14. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

^
    It's a bank transfer, you can't send them money unless they give you a IBAN code, but they're only giving out coordinates for transferring within the country.
    Anyway...

<Charity account 1>
    Risona Bank (bank code 0010)
    Shibuya branch (branch number 473)
    Account number:2871105
    Account name :AKB48 Purojekuto Gienkin (AKB48 Project Charity Fund)

<Charity account 2>
    Mitsubishi Tokyo UFJ Bank (bank code 0005)
    Gotanda branch (branch number 537)
    Account number:0167382
    Account name :AKB48 Purojekuto Gienkin (AKB48 Project Charity Fund)

<Please note>
    ※Please pay all transfer fees
    ※If you have enquiries about the Charity Fund, please address them to gienkin@aks48.com

But honestly, since they're going to the Red Cross anyway, it's the same thing if you send your donations via credit card to your national Red Cross specifying they're for the Japan emergency.

EDIT: The lottery to buy unassigned copies of "Sakura no ki ni narou" theatre ver has been indefinitely postponed too, to keep the lines free for those who need it.

15. wendychi

wendychi Member

Oshimen:
    Masumoto Kira
    This ;___;

I donated $20 already, and I don't have a job, but I really want to donate more >_____________<

16. sola0713

sola0713 Kenkyuusei

The Japanese Student Society at my uni's holding a fundraiser for this tomorrow, and I'll be jumping in to give them my money. I really hope things will turn out for the better from now on, and that the money will help those in need.

I've yet to see other idol groups do that, and this makes me really proud to be an AKBfan. Makes me love them even more ;_;

17. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
  18. Zobii

Zobii Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Its been a long day and I just tuned in...
    Really, thank you to everyone involved in the coverage... [bow]
    I have to admit, when I first heard of this tragedy, I first thought of my Oshi, then AKB...
    But soon, my eyes opened wider and my heart pained for everyone in Japan...
    It is in this tragedy that I hope and pray for your sincerest hopes, deepest loves, healing pains and your recovery...
    This series of events led to a mixture of shock, fear, anguish, hate, truth and ultimately hope, love and humanity...
    What I have learned from all of you guys adds a lot to the perspective...

Really, thank you everyone [bow] [bow] [bow]

Special thanks for this ^^

19. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    That's great that AKS set up a donation fund. Just reading the words that Akimoto donated makes me smile. Not that I didn't think he would, but he's just so rich and powerful that his contribution alone should help a lot.

I wonder when AKB as a group will begin activities to help the recovery efforts. 'Support Japan'-style songs are like an entire genre of music, I feel like, and as idols, they are kind of expected to raise morale. No complaints or disrespect, but I'm interested to see how the number one idol group uses this opportunity.

20. sola0713

sola0713 Kenkyuusei

I never imagined the tsunami to be like that. I've always thought of it as a gigantic wave that just comes crashing through, like the Boxing Day tsunami clips I saw. This one was so...gradual.

Imagine how the people must have felt standing there watching their homes been swept away by the never-ending waves. Just watching it makes me feel helpless. ;_;

Holy shet, there were people who didn't make it to the hill in time.