Audition AKB48 16th Generation Auditions Thread

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Marieyu48

Marieyu48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    IT WAS TIME!! AKB needed a new gen! A lot of members have been graduating and teams are having less and less members

2. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    When was the 15th generation audition? Because if it's that long, that's quite a long time!

3. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    They didn't push anyone else as center but they did push one or two members from the newest new gen as new additions to senbatsu (or top undergirls) only to drop them a year or two later for the new newest new gen. This kept up for quite some time until their center decided to up and leave.

The first 15th gen were accepted in 2013, but they staggered it a bit so the last ones didn't join until mid-2014, and weren't promoted to full members until last year.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  4. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Thanks for the tip. I just watched the 2013 draft; it was fun. When she first looked at her card, she pretended she hadn't won, looking from side to side at the others who had drawn in the lottery. Then she revealed her card and went just slightly crazy. (I think I have the start time correct)

if the video does not show watch the video here

Edit: the start time isn't sticky (for me). Start at 10:34.

5. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

That was me, not kappa lol

I agree, that was more center-related, but even then, go to 2011-2012 and most of the senbatsu is still girls from the first 3 gens + SasshiRieAKicha.

If anything, they dropped girls like Fujie and Nito because of the SG girls, not the newest AKB members. But that's another topic lol

Anyway, for those people who say AKB has already lots of members...

The Wiki says
    Take 47 from Team 8 and from those 106 you have just 59 promoted girls. 65 counting the KKS.
    SKE has 62.
    NMB has 64.
    HKT has 53.

Those numbers might work for sister groups who only have 3 teams, but AKB has 4 (Team 8 has their own thing), so... no, they don't have enough.

I think it would be fitting if they got 21 girls like with the first gen, IMO.
    I feel the 15th gen came in a sorta transition period for the group, but now they truly are in a completely different chapter than they were a couple years ago, so... yeah. New gen for a new beginning or whatever.

6. AiBan

AiBan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    looking forward to another bugs unit consisting of the ace kks of akb48g hahaha [hehe] jk

cant wait to see new faces :omfg:

7. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Lol, how did that happen >_<

8. Erika Nguyen

Erika Nguyen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I wonder if foreigners can apply for this audition...^^ hope new girls will talent :))))

9. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

I know we (foreigners) all want to join AKB but the answer is yes and no. You can obviously send in an application! However, whether you can go to the audition site and work in Japan is another issue. If you live outside of Japan, you will probably have to get a VISA and a working pass in Japan. If you're old enough to get those, you're probably worthless in AKB even if you have amazing talent. Plus, foreigners don't work too well in AKB. Remember Hillary? Renachan? They are just at most theater girls.

10. Erika Nguyen

Erika Nguyen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I already though about that...But if foreigners have talent and dream, they can do it too...Anyway, it is hard for foreigners to work in AKB48 although they pass the audition...I was though it is a chance for me. I love to sing, love to be an idol, but it seems so far...For me, theater girl is not important, the most important thing that i can sing, can be a member of AKB48 :)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  11. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

:fp: Another one of those :rolleyes:

The issue is not whether you care about being a theater girl or not. It's about issues much more important than that. Judging from your post, you don't even know fluent English which I'm guessing Japanese too. So how are you going to work in Japan? Plus, you don't live in Japan just as you wish. It seems like you're just 14 as well so that's even more unrealistic. I suggest reading the entire thread of that USA48 thing or whatever it was called here on S48 :whistle:

12. Erika Nguyen

Erika Nguyen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Haha...yeah, it is unrealistic. But you know that's just a dream :)))) Anyway tks for reply :D Ah, maybe my writting skill is not very good although i'd already got an IELTS certificate. I'd stopped study English for years....I'm learning Japanese now ^^ And where are you from!? You're foreigner too?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  13. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

@Erika Nguyen this is not a chat. If you want to have a 1v1 conversation with a user, use the private messages.

I recommend you read this thread.
    And specially this and this message.

Basically, if you're a foreigner who doesn't live in Japan already, don't even think about it.
    When AKB wants foreign girls they SPECIFICALLY ask for them (Taiwan audition and now the Chinese one).

14. darkserenity24

darkserenity24 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotorara
    The search for the next few girls to be hopefully snapped up by fans. Here's to hoping they recapture the magic of the group, as I am pessimistic of each of the 48 groups resting on the shoulders of 1-2 members.

15. YKT

YKT Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    MayuyuOrg

if the video does not show watch the video here

16. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Someone translate those messages. They seem important! lol

Hoping for the younger Okada to audition. :^O^:

17. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    And also Nomura Miyo!

18. Kafkaesque

Kafkaesque Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    owadanana
    Twitter:
    KafkaesqueDDMC
    That video intro... max volume on my headphone... Oh God... RIP my ears...

19. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Oohh I had forgotten about Miyo-chan! I wonder if the draft girls will try again oAo

20. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

It's nothing much... just announcing the audition