Generation AKB48 18th Generation

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Mana, Oct 9, 2022.

1. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    Let's get the surprise out of the way first:
    [​IMG]
    In Feb 27 episode of IPPACHI ROOM, we got news that:

18ki will have their anniversary celebrated
    by having a Fanmeeting event!!:1st:

[​IMG]
    Title is :「今、私たちの花が咲く。-1周年ファンミ 18期いくぞ!-」
    Ima, Watashitachi no Hana ga Saku (Now, Our Flowers Will Bloom)
    - 1st Anniversary Fanmeeting 18ki Ikuzo!! -

official hashtag: #今咲く (#ImaSaku)

Location will be at Zendentsu Hall (全電通労働会館) on April 9, from 19:00 JST
    Seems like the Zendentsu Hall capacity is around 420 people, not that big https://www.zhall.or.jp/hall.php

Details on AKB blog:
    https://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-12842267501.html

-----------------------
    They were tasked to create the title by themselves:
    [​IMG]

It's fun to see their thinking process:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Note : might contain some spoiler of their unreleased song, Machibito! :fear:

Some of those lines at the top there looks like lyrics of the song:
    Aki-P is cooking another wistful lyrics it seems!:chuffed:
    Hopefully the song is also great!
    Kohi apparently said in her showroom that it is a good song!

So they took ideas for the name from there, adding "18ki Ikuzo!!" that they often use in their Enjin/group huddle too.

In the Mind Map at the bottom we see some ideas that they associate themselves with:
    • Family & Family Time
    • 8 people
    • 4/9 debut date = ShikuYoro?
    • High Tension & Genki
    • It's spring! (Haru daze!!)
    • Our springtime/youth has come!
    • IPPACHI
    • Machibito (18ki song)
    • Infinity symbol (∞)
    • Tall height
    • 18ki Ikuzo!!

18ki bond seems strong as usual!
    I made a little panoramic image from the footage in IPPACHI:
    [​IMG]
    https://imgur.com/a/6jiW7XE

The full footage is in IPPACHI ROOM ep 42 below
    ============================
    IPPACHI ROOM episode 41 & 42

Feb 20 Episode 41

if the video does not show watch the video here

Feb 27 Episode 42

Light summary:
    Kasumin's been having three episode streaks (she joked for episode 39-41 it has been KASUMIN ROOM with guests[hehe])

The IPPACHI challenge is
    Typing on smartphone challenge!

Last time the perceived image among 18ki was that ChanHina is the fastest, and Saechan is slowest, so staff decided to make this challenge!

Average for middle-high school girls typing speed is 75 character/30 seconds
    So the goal this time is to aim for 75 x 8 = 650 characters total.
    (The total will be reduced by 1 character for every 50 likes they get on the youtube recordings above)

The text to type is the lyrics of Japanese Children Song "Donguri Korokoro" which is 224 chars long, all in hiragana.
    The next person will type from where the previous one stops. If they reach the end, start again from beginning.

After deducting some points from errors, the number of characters they typed:
    • Azu 71
    • Kasumin 103
    • Yuna 76
    • Sae 79
    • Kohi 95
    • Yumemin 73

Yuichi and ChanHina next time!

Nope they are talking about public/city pool! that will be closed at around 5 PM

===========================
    More samples from PLATINUM FLASH:
    Azu x Yuna! :blush:
    https://twitter.com/paopaoPap/status/1762687260259135590
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

========================
    Yuichi also got featured in a magazine!
    EDIT : posted a more updated one on her thread here:
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/yamaguchi-yui-yuichi.24413/page-2#post-1820211

Last edited: Mar 2, 2024
    • Like Like x 5
  2. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Congratulations girls!! Looking forward to this, praying for a stream!

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    IPPACHI ROOM episode 43 (Mar 5)
    Official recording:

[​IMG]
    https://twitter.com/SHOWROOM_jp/status/1764956015374823769
    https://twitter.com/akb_trainee48/status/1765212338326786308

This time feat Kasumin, ChanHina and Yuichi!
    Kasumin MC certainly feels stable already!

First section is 18ki Casting Meeting!
    If 18ki girls gets a School Drama, what will the casting be?
    Each girls assigned roles to all 18ki girls, as well as thinking about the more intricate details of the drama they want to make.
    My highlight from this part is that they were throwing shades at each other a lot in this episode:
    • Yuichi chose Sae as a LITTLE sister since lately they've been close, Saechan seems to have opened up to her and Yuichi sees the baby-like side of Sae coming out[hehe]
    • ChanHina chose Kasumin as Best Friend role since she often say things bluntly.
    • Yuichi chose ChanHina as rival because she seems like a person who hates losing.
    • Kasumin often suddenly disappears and reappears during lessons/breaks, thus Yuichi chose her as the mysterious transfer student.
    • Azu seems to often mispronounce her words, thus ChanHina criticizes Yuichi's choice of her as Narrator [hehe]
    • Yunachan seems to talk a lot and for a long time so ChanHina assumes she likes talking and put her as Narrator.
    • ChanHina and Kasumin feel that Yuichi is looking down on them a lot.
      • Like Yuichi asking Kasumin for 1 sip of her drink and ending up with 5 sips + drinking it all. :awesome:
      • Or ordering ChanHina to do this and that a lot.
    • Yuichi also jokingly admitted that it's true. :awesome:
    Well if they are comfortable with teasing each other like this, it means their friendship is strong :D

-----------------------
    Second part is IPPACHI Challenge
    Last part of the Smartphone Typing Challenge! Can they clear the goal?
    [​IMG]
    Watch for the result!

Next IPPACHI challenge will be : solving Rubik's Cube!
    [​IMG]
    Time to ask Harupyon-senpai a favor [hehe] (She used to be skilled in that, but hasn't displayed it for a while)

GIF: Yuichi acting like she's a pro (although she just touched the rubik's cube for the first time there:lol:)
    [​IMG]

Next episode will feature Saechan, ChanHina and Yuichi!
    UNLAME girls!

===================================
    News Article of the Ito City's Pillow Fight National Championship that Kohi attended:
    https://popnroll.tv/articles/38217

It has higher quality pics for the AKB posters!
    [​IMG]

Also individual posters versions:
    ========================
    Seems like the result for 18ki FanMeeting ticket lottery is out.
    Lots of fans reported they failed getting a ticket, and many had funny responses like "Can't believe I lost on a WORK day event", "Lost at this and never lucky on SokoMira too, sigh..", or even "This is sign for me to look forward to 19ki instead" [hehe][hehe]
    Well it's a good thing they can fill 200 capacity hall on a work day!

• Like Like x 5
  4. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    Low quality scans I can find of Yuna x Azu in PlatinumFLASH vol 25:
    Sorry for the quality!:^^;:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The interviews are pretty much unreadable, still looking for better scans....
    ========================
    18ki had the Tadaima Renaichuu show on Mar 11,
    special for 東日本大震災復興祈願公演 (Special Show to Pray for the Recovery from Great East Japan Earthquake)
    [​IMG]
    Kohi still seems injured, so Nonchan came in to cover.

Yuichi had put a photo/picture that "can't be shown yet" on her birthday cake, and thus had to blur it.
    What kind of picture of herself can't be shown yet??
    Perhaps Machibito is having MV confirmed? (since she might use some costume from the MV)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  5. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    The songs for 63rd single are out!!

If you can't play the songs yet, wait for the time in your Timezone or use VPN if you don't want to wait!

U20 - Hoshi ga Kienai uchi ni

Lyrics:
    Notice how Aki-P inserted some Heavy Rotation reference there on this part: [hehe]
    Can't wait for the MV tomorrow!!

EDIT: EN Translation assisted by ChatGPT
    18ki song - Machibito

Lyrics
    In the lyrics Aki-P is throwing a reference to the last line in Acchan's Yume no Kawa: [hehe]
    It's like you promised to pick me up when you realized your dream, and I'm still waiting, thus the title, "Machibito" or "Awaited One"

EDIT: EN Translation assisted by ChatGPT
    Very poetic!
    It's a wistful song as expected, and some lines of this song were used by the 18ki girls to brainstorm their Fanmeeting Title.
    Except several lines are not... where do those come from??

Anyway it's a fun relaxing song!
    Congrats 18ki for finally getting a generational song! :banana:

==========================
    Photosets from the newest single: :blush:
    From Fans:
    [​IMG]
    https://twitter.com/XiaoyuXP/status/1767476156947923045

[​IMG]
    https://twitter.com/1412natsuki/status/1767563474094416262

Last edited: Mar 13, 2024
    • Like Like x 5
  6. otabe

otabe Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    soraland
    maru1.JPG

I watched ep #37 of Marumaru AKB. It has yui and three 18kis so how can I not?! :p The theme of the ep is for 18ki to consult with paisen yui ;), or as yuichi says, teacher teacher!
    Yui mentions they mostly met at an "audition show"... wonder which that is o_O
    When asked by yui, yuichi says her number 1 fav senpai is yuiyui ofc :p... Yui is a little doubtful of this...
    Hina wants to know more about yui's makeup style... :eek:
    First topic is about AKB costumes. Sae fav is iiwake maybe
    Yui says she likes Zipper costume.. she wore it for the first time at yukirin concert (yeah highlight of the concert for sure :fear:, yuichi agrees) goes with a fun song that is cute and otona (hina actually says like do the unit together!!) Yui recommends it to the kids!. Yuichi likes the mote kare MV costumes. Very sporty, cool and danceable, fits yuichi :whistle: Hina seems to not be able to remember the name of the song of a costume she wore at budokan but she liked it :fp: Sae also mentions she loves Idol nanka costumes, esp yui's hat.
    Next topic is how many akb songs do you remember? (akb has 1000+ :blink:) Yui mentions that there are many songs but also many diff positions in each song so from all angles... its so many!! Sae says she can learn songs but forgets it fast too [hehe] (short term memory) Hina said they didn't do iiwake maybe in a while and she forgot it :^^;:
    Next topic is bento (from yuichi, classic kid question) Hina liked the curry bento she got during filming of girls drive. Sae likes omelet rice cause its easy to eat :^O^: she dont like bothersome stuff like fish which you have to eat carefully. LAZY EATER? She wants to eat without using her brain... :lol:Yui likes when there is alot of vegetables and sides. Yuichi likes jojoen bento, she wants MEAT :cool: (she's probably thinking of the nemousu 17ki v 18ki battle prize bento) btw you can really see how much yuichi looks up to yui in this ep :blush:
    Next topic is "what surprised you when you joined akb". Yuichi was about meeting yui and how cute in real life she was :p. Sae said how good the members smelled, at all times :eek:. Hina was surprised how close the theater stage is to the audience, you can see their eyelashes! :hehe: Sae said she came to the theater before as a fan (for 17ki if you remember the story) and she says standing on stage feels closer than looking from the crowd! :shock:

maru2.JPG
    Yui ended up teaching the girl about poses for pictures. Sae is having lots of trouble with this [hehe]. The key here is to make your hands soft and delicate... what a PRO

I never get to see much of yui being a senpai so I enjoyed this ep greatly! 10/10

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    The girls that participated in bis (Fashion Magazine) showroom competition
    will be featured in "bis May issue" (bis 5月号), on sale April 1 !
    Yuichi, Yunachan and Azu!

Some samples and off-shots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    sources:
    https://twitter.com/bis_web/status/1772604713160044688
    https://twitter.com/yuichi_akb48/status/1772933422060597291
    https://twitter.com/yunachan_akb48/status/1772613148844986369
    https://twitter.com/azuki_yagi0322/status/1772981305573101655

==============================
    IPPACHI ROOM #44 #45 #46

#44 (Mar 12 - Yuichi, Sae, ChanHina) : www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjcICkF8daU
    #45 (Mar 19 - Kohi, Yumemin, Kasumin) : www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms0c-3gauG8
    #46 (Mar 26 - Yumemin, Yuna, Azu) : www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9-vMCe1WO4
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These 3 episodes IPPACHI challenge deals with the Rubik's cube. Seems like it was too hard for them?! :^^;:

====================
    MaruMaru AKB #37 and #38 - Yuichi, Sae and ChanHina with Yuiyui!
    #37 (Mar 20) : www.bilibili.com/video/BV1TZ42187NN/
    #38 (Mar 27) : www.bilibili.com/video/BV1t1421U76n/

[​IMG][​IMG]
    https://twitter.com/AKB48_staff/status/1770254052376678493
    https://twitter.com/AKB48_staff/status/1772790798381359427

As explained in the post above, the three 18ki girls talk about lots of things in AKB and are eager to learn from the ace senpai Yuiyui! :1st:
    Do you mind summarizing ep #38 too? :D

• Like Like x 4
  8. otabe

otabe Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    soraland
    Of coursemaru :cool:

maru1.JPG

Continuation of consultation with paisen yui. Have to say the section where they pretend to read real comments is hilarious :hehe: These two ep, I really noticed how much yui dotes on the young yuichi. very cute how warmly she watches over her.
    So first segment is a an AKB daisuki queen battle. I don't really get it :| I think they are writing stuff each round why they love AKB? If you repeat something someone else says, they are out Somethings mentioned were...
    there are many songs that will cheer you up - hina
    members are close friends! -yui
    we shine brightly in the theater - yuichi
    yui kinda started cheating naming akip and then shinobu as geniuses
    so next round sae says AKB has the great genius, yuiyui :blush:
    they went on a couple of rounds..
    The final round with yui and sae left

maru2.JPG
    yui cant explain in words how much she loves akb, it would be a waste to write it :whistle: Yuichi gave the win to Sae.

Next segment is what I want to see in AKB :oops:
    Sae wants an anime beginner AKB. Sae never really watched anime before but hinano and mahopyon told her to watch it :^^;:. She wants to watch it but doesn't know where to start. She wants one of the pros to come guide her.
    Hina wants try new sports AKB. Hina isn't very sporty and wants to try some like tennis. Apparently she tried it in school and fell and hurt herself :(. She also wants to try volleyball because of an anime she watched (probably haikyu :^O^:). She hopes some fellow noobs will wanna play with her!
    Yuichi is lets eat alot of food together AKB! The growing kid wants to eat with yui.
    Yuichi - "Let's go on roke!" (i will be waiting :fear:)

Last little segment is for each member to make an annoucement
    Yui - "I cut my hair." (me: :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:) also eat sweet potatoes, it's healthy for you! Yuichi appreciate the important announcement from yui :^O^:
    Sae - she flaunts the daisuki akb queen title she just won. She will proudly carry this title!
    Hinano - she has some sweet potatoes at home that she will eat :p
    Yuichi - makes the final important announcement. Yuichi says she won't cut her hair for another year.
    maru3.JPG
    i dont think kks can cut it anyway but.. yeah its pretty long. She's gonna try break the work record for long hair :rofl:We will check back in a year to see how long it gotten

Some news about this program. Seems the show is going on a little break... yuichi announced it in a very happy announcement kind of way which yui immediately reprimanded saying why do you say it like that :lol:. yui is also sad because its her first time here..

Was a fun 2 episode (this was practically an 18ki ver of kenkyuujo senpai episodes but for yuichi and yui :tongue:)

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    DH to issue eye-pro to teammates for 16-member stages?

eyePro.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    8 days till 18ki fanmeeting on Apr 9!
    Will there be any livestream and/or photo time?

18ki segments from spring concert pre-overture video!
    Mezmerizing!:inlove:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I made some collage based on those:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

============================
    Apparently I forgot to post this:
    Why AKB in Reiwa? - Weekly Playboy no 14 - April 1 Issue

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    The rest of pages are posted here: http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/the-research-student-thread.1269/page-109#post-1823471

Translations of 18ki reasons of joining AKB in Reiwa era plus what their goals are in AKB:
    ChanHina
    For me, when it comes to idols that everyone knows, it's AKB48. I want to make it into a group that sparkles and is cute, making people think, 'I want to be like AKB48!'

Azu
    My family are fans of AKB48, and I started to admire them too. I love making people smile, and it would make me happy to hear them say, "You gave me energy/happiness."

Yunachan
    I have liked AKB48 since I was a child and always wanted to work in the entertainment industry. Even though I'm currently a trainee, I hope to be promoted soon and become someone indispensable to the group.

Saechan
    As an individual, I aspire to be someone who can add color to someone's life. As a group, I aim for us to be a powerhouse where each member brings unique qualities and charm, making us shine even brighter when we come together.

Kasumin
    AKB48 had such an impact on me that watching "Yasai Sisters" made me overcome my dislike for vegetables. I want to work hard so that people think, "I'm glad I supported her."

Yumemin
    I've always admired the existence of idols since I was little. Although there are still many areas where I fall short, I aim to work harder and become an idol who loves and is loved by everyone.

Kohi
    My life has been supported by music, so now I want to be able to support others through my own singing. I aspire for AKB48 to be a group loved by many people.

Yuichi
    I first learned about AKB48 when I danced to "Koisuru Fortune Cookie" in kindergarten. Someday, I want to join the senbatsu and lead the group as a center.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2024
    • Like Like x 5
  11. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    Today Apr 9 is the 18ki Fanmeeting day! #今咲く
    [​IMG]

We'll have to wait for fanphotos/videos, hopefully there's some kind of footage being recorded for viewing later!

Also it's been a year since their amazing debut!
    Happy 1st Anniversary 18ki girls! :ome:

Still one of the most shocking debut for KKS, a mini-live debut with Nemohamo Rumor as starter!

To those who want to reminisce:

How much have they grown? :)

I made another fanmade collage with 18ki girls:
    [​IMG]

A nice fanmade video of Machibito x their concert reveal footages!
    https://twitter.com/sojJcJ0Z9r49371/status/1777352931601502315

18ki girls posted a lot of nostalgic off-shot group pics today:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

https://twitter.com/yumemi_sako0205/status/1777560935835791690
    https://twitter.com/kohina_narita/status/1777547701498094024
    https://twitter.com/azuki_yagi0322/status/1777501897274069096

• Like Like x 5
  12. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    18ki Fanmeeting details!
    [​IMG]

According to this tweet and members' showrooms:
    https://twitter.com/viva_hurricane/status/1777674848489316833

The girls were each given sections for them to do what they want.
    They chose to wear the new costumes because they think fans would like to see them again after being used for just a brief period in the concert.

Details from what I've read/heard so far:
    • ChanHina requested Iiwake Maybe.
    • Yuna requested Machibito.

• Yumemin's project of reviewing the year by checking your smartphone's pic album and revealing unreleased pics full of memories.

• Sae and Azu's Quiz Project asking stuffs about 18ki, and the winners got to take group photo together with all of them.
    • Some questions are pretty hard and nobody got it right. For example, "Who among 18ki girls is the fastest at eating??" [hehe]

• Yuichi's project is throwing an egregious amount of signed balls (IIRC the total is around 400 balls) because she just really enjoy doing that. She threw around 200 by herself and the rest was done by others. Azu used tennis racket since she was in tennis club.

• Kohi requested doing Hoshi ga Kienai Uchi ni with the 8 of them together.

• Kasumin's project is an interesting one, recording time with freeze time gimmick. They had to stop any movement when the song stopped. Look at the videos below for the results:

(video)https://twitter.com/chiba_7777/status/1777681007552205037
    (Super zoom funny version)https://twitter.com/hyro_xx/status/1777687227046518808

Bonus : Azu almost fell down : https://twitter.com/Livelaxman/status/1778276387885089198

If you noticed, there are some TV Cameras there, despite no livestream for this event. Possibly footage for future release? :eek:

----------------------
    They got an anniversary cake from staffs after the event! Matsu-san cut it for them :)
    [​IMG]

Group photos
    [​IMG]
    More great photos!
    Sources with more unposted great pics, check them out!

Love the 18ki bond and energy, may they have a strong 2nd year too. :)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2024
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. xabizalla96

xabizalla96 Member

Oshimen:
    MD, Love them all
    @donjonnie did you heard someone talking about any incidents in the fanmee?

Kohi mentions something happening to Yuichi in this showroom cut, starting at 2:15, like someone triying to put their hands on her bag. Do you know something more?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2024
  14. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    Well yeah but since I didn't have any concrete footage I didn't post it yet.
    Anyway the allegation was roughly:
    • During the Yuichi's project of distributing tons of signed balls, when the members were walking around giving the balls out,
    • Members were wearing some kind of bag to hold the balls, Yuichi alone was bringing about 200 balls, while the others had around 50.
    • A fan allegedly put his hands in Yuichi's bag and stole some balls, instead of waiting to get/catch one.
    • Manager tried to put a stop to it and members were aware but seems like many fans at the place didn't realize it?
    • Kohi says Yuichi was shocked but she calmed her down after that.
    • Regardless, it's a bad action and the person should be banned from AKB events, fans says. This kind of action makes it difficult to do such a fun event again in the future. Staffs also need to reflect on their inability to prevent those.
    • One of the reason might be the classic problem of this signed balls throwing event : uneven distribution. Some got multiples, some got none.

source : https://twitter.com/48_Yuuki_46/status/1777873554631237957

April Photosets!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    https://shop.akb48.co.jp/selection/list/3741

• Informative Informative x 3
  15. xabizalla96

xabizalla96 Member

Oshimen:
    MD, Love them all
    Well I doubt we will ever see footage of that (in the official sources not for sure), but yeah, if it's true the guy should be banned for that

I notice that recently in HADO just before the ball collect time, in previous matches the only warning for fans on the venue was not to put the plastic bags into the collection nets. Now they also warn that touch the members is not allowed.

So there are a couple of fans with questionable behaviour

Last edited: Apr 14, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
  17. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Trailer for TBS ‘Can I Intern at Your Company’ on 4/27 with Yumemin and Kasumin at the Snoopy Museum:

• Like Like x 2