Single AKB48 38th [Kibouteki Refrain] (2014/11/26)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 17, 2014.

1. kl9391

kl9391 Member

Twitter:
    KsLeep9391
    Every. single.:wall:

2. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I dont see @gotbild is trolling either.
    Paruru is my favorite member and my most favorite younger gens, but I do understand his concern that he brought up.
    Not all people will like my oshi. But categorizing it as a troll when it is obviously not, is very very rude.

This

3. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

What does it matter whether a team is full of pushed or unpushed members, full of kennin's or no kennins, or full of popular or unpopular members? The only context in which teams matter is Theater stages and some of the best stages are those put on by teams of unpopular or unpushed members. The question should be "Is this team putting on good shows?" and if not then what can be done to fix that. It seems like some people think that if a show isn't being put on by popular or pushed members then it must by definition be a bad show.

In all other contexts it is individual popularity that is most important and generally speaking the team a member is on is pretty irrelevant to how an individual member can be judged.

Out of 52 RESET revival performances Jurina has centered 4 whereas Tano Yuka has centered 44 and Yumoto Ami has centered 4. Sayaka has performed 7 times in the number 2 position whereas Aigasa Moe has performed 45 times in that position, huh seems to me like youth is being given a chance by Team K. Haruppi has performed 14 times for Team K but only once since she became HKT center with her position mainly assumed by Ucchi.

So if one looks at the facts, Team K is actually putting young members like Tano, Aigasa, Yumoto and Mako (27 performances at number 3). Perhaps it's that too many people only watch the Shonichi, Sheshurakku and Seitansei performances (of big members) and don't watch enough normal theater shows? Perhaps too many people fixate over coupling track Team PVs as if they are somehow more important than Theater shows?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
  4. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Which is his veiled way of saying "These awful "new gens" shouldn't get any push at all and shouldn't take any of the spotlight away from my precious Akicha and the other "old gens""

Some of us have seen this line of thought so many times that it gets rather wearing after a while.

5. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    @Reveen

Maybe other people care that there should be popular/pushed members to represent a team.

Kennins don't count since they represent their home team more.

No one's questionning the skills, talents, and ability to pull off aj amazing theater show of the pure team k girls. Personally, if only management push some of these girls more in senbatsu related activities, I believe people will consider it as a better solution to team k's problem than putting a bunch of superstar kennin in the team.

If pure akb girls like Mako, Yui, etc got better positions than the kennins in team k, I think people will appreciate it. And it can be done, since Jurina originally got Yonezawa's position in K despite being a popular member.

It just leaves a bad taste when you see the list of senbatsu members for a single (like for kibouteki) and see that team K is under represented yet again since kennins are counted in their home team.

So yes, popularity and representations do matter to fans.

At least I know it does for me and it seems to be the case for others here.

6. Smilodon

Smilodon Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    @rka - Your contributions are always appreciated in this forum but there are occasionally posts that tack on a bit too much at the end that cause it to be reported as it borders on personal attack or be interpreted as off-topic by other users. Coupled with the fact that it's with the same person that you've had issues with in the past, I do believe it might be better at this point to report the user, especially in the cases that you believe is "trolling". (for which the mods do read all of your reports and decide on the proper way to handle them, be it a private PM, warnings etc.) Please be wary of how you reply to posts in the future.

@gotbild - Please don't start an argument about purely subjective things such as the traits and characteristics of an idol. Those things are up to the individual so reading back through the pages of a foreign forum and deciding that an idol doesn't have anything beyond certain traits that only you yourself can see isn't really a strong basis for an argument and is just a slippery slope for more trouble with other users. Posting your opinions is not the issue as much as it being completely off base that people can't help but to correct and or interpret as trolling that causes issues. It does bring out the defenders of one side, so please be more careful when you post if you wish to avoid butting heads with other posters.

Paru's opinions and how different people them as well as interpreting one's actions as trolling are irrelevant to the thread. Please remain on topic with regards to the Kibouteki Refrain single.

7. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    @Smilodon I was only naming Paruru as a girl who has been rising in the last years and not will go any further, but it was enough for Paruru army to wake. You are right, I shouldn't replied then. My list of members(stalkers) which I never ever will answer has got some new names.

8. moonlit

moonlit Member

@Reveen I do watch those. In total I watched more shows in between Shonichi and Senshuuraku than those. Everything else in between. Though I mostly watch HKT theater shows(second would be NMB), I have seen other recent Team K shows (without Jurina and Mako and Sayanee).
    But in the end they're UNDERs. And they'll be shoved back when the other girls show up. I'm happy they get the chance but in the end it's not "their position".
    I guess I should simply agree to disagree.
    My point was more related to Mako( and Yui) here.
    @filipinosayakafan this
    I don't mind sister groups being represented in AKB senbatsu. What I do mind is that the management claims to have fixed the problem with Team K, when... well, not really.
    Your mileage may vary.
    I said everything that I had to say to this topic.

9. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

lmfao that is not the problem people have with jurina. it's more like jurina already has SKE and Team S to be center why is she taking opportunities away from girls who are only in AKB (Mako). Also Team K is clearly her second priority. She's only there half the point. so it's kinda stupid to have her center when the only time she's gonna be there is at the recording of the PV.

Theatre performances are not that important tbh. If it is, KK wuold have been a goddess by now

10. Tris-chan

Tris-chan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamadanoe
    Theater shows are both important and not important -
    If a girl wants to continue in the entertainment industry after graduating, theater shows aren't important. But they can lead to outside work which IS important.
    Management takes a lot into consideration when figuring out who to push, agencies take a lot into consideration when deciding who they want in their company, and theater shows are a part of that also (performance skill, MC skill, charisma, etc.)
    But in and of themselves, unlike the beginning of AKB, theater shows aren't that important to a girl's career anymore. They're important for FANS. But career-wise? Not really.

11. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

But that's the thing, the Shonichi represents how management envisions the team (same with the team PVs).
    So even if Tano, Aigasa and Mako get better positions when the other girls aren't there, it's a bit like "You're just there because X couldn't be here today".

I still think that management put all the aces in there so Mako could learn from them. Once the kennin are revoked she can get the center on her own.
    I wouldn't be surprised if by the time Matsui Rena graduated Jurina would devote herself to SKE. It's not like she needs the kennin to appear in AKB's a-sides, so... :^^;:

I think there's a misconception here.
    If I remember correctly, the whole "What will happen with Team K?" came from online boards when Yuko announced her graduation and management showed it in the VTR of the grand shuffle.
    I don't know if they indeed thought there was something to fix in the team, but I sense they just used the message to hurt the girls for the drama.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
  12. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Let's all take a break and watch this

Music Station Super Live Performance

if the video does not show watch the video here

13. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    @Tris-chan You are talking about agencies. Have you and all other realized that the last girls to have an outside agency is Annin and Miorin? If Wiki48 is right. The rest of 10th generation and all after that is bound to AKS. Those girls do have a much weaker position against AKB when they don't have an independant agency behind them. And what will happen when they graduate in the future we can only speculate about.

14. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    I don't mind either. I just want team K to be represented as well.

Anyway, it's sad that Kibouteki won't be performed in Kouhaku.

15. YKT

YKT Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    MayuyuOrg
    ^removed

[Currently working] AKB48 SPメドレー - MUSIC STATION SUPER LIVE 2014 2014-12-26

if the video does not show watch the video here

16. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Lots of Sakura!! Milky also got a very nice shot in KFC

17. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki

you do realize that your two points contradict each other right, :) if theater performances are not that important, then why would Jurina be there at all. She's still there at all the other things (many concerts, PVs recordings), so by saying that theater isn't important you're also saying Jurina not being at the theater is also an irrelevant fact since the theater is so unimportant already???

18. PooPyon

PooPyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    Twitter:
    akibachans
    Sorry to jump in, but I think theater performances aren't "important" in a way that it doesn't boost a girl's popularity significantly (well, not as much as a "real push" -- getting featured in senbatsu and UG etc). So even when Tano, Moe, and Yuami perform more in theaters, management are still not pushing them the same way they're pushing their other new gen stars (like Juri, Naanya, Miki, Nana, Ricchan, and Annin), which contributes to the problem of Team K being under-represented.

Theaters are of course very important; they let the members of the team bond, hone their skills to perform in front of a live audience, and its existence is one of the very foundation of the whole group. Unfortunately, Jurina is mostly absent in these performances, and since team shows are the most frequent place where members interact (there's almost always a show in a week while PV shootings are done five times a year? Concerts even less?), she's kind of missing out on a lot of the "team experience". Aside from that, it's obvious that she SKE48 is her first priority; she's one of the pillars of SKE48 and the most popular member too, and she's dedicated her whole idol life loving and giving it all for SKE48. There's so much pride and passion when I see her talk about SKE48, and I don't see her feeling the same way about Team K. I'm not blaming her, of course. Everyone (including herself) see her more as SKE48 than AKB48, and that's perfectly fine.

With that said, it's a bit sad that the pure girls of Team K, who loves Team K as much as Jurina loves Team S/SKE48 aren't given the chances to shine to represent their own group. You see the members in senbatsu and Yui and Mako are the only fixed members from K, since Sayanee, Jurina, and Haruppi are counted as representatives of their home teams. Meanwhile, Team A has Takamina, Nyan, Ricchan, Annin, and Paruru; Team B has Mayu, Yukirin, along with girls that management favor like Juri, Naanya, and Sayaya; Team 4 has Yuria, the pushed Renacchi, the fan-favorite Miion, and Miki and Nana. All of these girls in A, B, and 4 are pushed considerably (with different levels and intensity), but the only one who's pushed in K are Yui and Mako (and Yui isn't even as pushed as before).

EDIT: Put things on spoiler. Carry on with the discussion about the single. :)

Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
  19. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Funny how a mod was just in here telling people to stay on topic yesterday. And folks are still talking about stuff not related to this singe.:fp:

20. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Exactly, not to mention running the "What's wrong with Team K" conversation into the ground for the billionth time.