Single AKB48 38th [Kibouteki Refrain] (2014/11/26)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 17, 2014.

1. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    How does that equate to needing to do so the give HKT a slot, though? Sounds more like biases coloring judgement, unfairly against HKT I might add, than good sound reasoning. Would the same assessment be made if the collab had been artists with out 48 on the end of their name? I think probably not. IRC Kouhaku has done the collab thing in many of the past shows, just this year the producers decided to have collab done by two 48 groups.

If somebody has to make room for somebody else, it make more sense that it is somebody who is left out, not somebody who is performing.

2. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    It's widely speculated that HKT only got in because Nogizaka was cancelled due to scandals. It would make sense that NMB and SKE were combined but Nogizaka would be separate if they were performing.

3. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    But what scandals...? Nogi girls are like the nuns of the 48G, so I can't say I've heard of any scandals.

4. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
  5. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    .....? Why do I NEVER hear of these scandals..?!

And why do they always choose to do this with older, married men..like.. c'mon girls. Love yo self. Lol.

But ouch.

Like looking back, I never knew so many ori-K girls were so misbehaved.

So is there a lot of buzz about this scandal..? It obviously isn't catching as much heat as Milky, because I had no idea it happened haha

6. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

^That was three months ago, but it did create a buzz back then. You can read her thread if you want to catch up. That's how I notice something's up by the way, when I see a girl's thread popping up in the recent posts section every minute, especially if it's a less popular or forgotten member.

I doubt that scandal has anything to do with Nogizaka not performing, they could just leave her out if that's the issue. It's not like the other groups never had a scandal. People are already used to it at this point.

7. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

What I found weird is that HKT was invited and Nogi wasn't, when the latter are much more "popular" (Oricon-wise, you know).

Oh, well!

8. Hitokage

Hitokage Kenkyuusei

Obviously Kouhaku don't determine who gets invited just by sales, else you might as well ask why Momoiro Clover Z got invited instead, or why Kyary Pamyu Pamyu got invited in the very year she released her debut single despite average sales, and an uncountable other examples. Many other factors are involved, such as approval ratings (of unknown formula) and TV appearance. It's not a huge surprise either since HKT has Sasshi, who has the most TV appearances in the entire 48 group.

Despite Nogi's sales, you can go ask someone randomly on the streets in Japan if they have heard of Nogizaka46. Chances are simply no. Even though many people don't care about AKB as well, virtually everyone knows what AKB is. HKT must have similar impact now with Sasshi being introduced as HKT48's whenever she appears on TV (even though many ppl still don't care about HKT). This is the difference. It's also why it took Ayumi Hamasaki so long to be kicked out from Kouhaku despite low sales, as she is a household name. Her sales have to really get very low before finally being kicked.

9. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I can personally guarantee normal people don't know HKT unless you tell them it's the group Sashihara Rino moved to, and even then... They're pretty limited to AKB fans, casual or not. Non-fans barely know "NBM...48?" (sic). Not saying Nogizaka is famous. They're about the same, but they've had much better exposure with a regular variety show with Bananaman and 10 singles in 3 years (compared to 4 for HKT) and I've personally been surprised with "ah... what's it? Shiraishi?" by non-idol fans. So that's something.

They were listed as an "unconfirmed" for Kouhaku, but HKT weren't. Then for the actual announcement it was reversed. I don't think it's because they had *a* scandal, but because they scandal was peaking in November, so close to Kouhaku.

*disclaimer: obviously a Nogizaka fan but trying to not let it make me overstate anything.

10. Sayanara231

Sayanara231 Kenkyuusei

I don't know what exactly you are referring to, but most of the predictions that put Nogizaka as a Kouhaku participant were simply that, predictions. and personally I saw just as many of these predictions saying that both Nogizaka and HKT would appear on Kouhaku(besides, none of these prediction actually guessed the correct HKT song or that HKT would be the opener, so that also shows how untrustworthy they were). in the end, as long as there isn't an official explanation as to why Nogizaka wasn't invited to Kouhaku(and if there is, please link it as I would love to read it), all we can do is speculate. hiding behind the excuse that it is because of Nogizaka's scandals is very convenient, as it puts the blame off of the group themselves and downplays the fact that maybe HKT was just the better group to perform on Kouhaku. I find it a little weak to try to hide behind a speculative argument like that to be honest.

11. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    All that I said was that it was speculated and I was answering people's responses as to why that would be. The conversation wasn't about who would have been better but about why HKT was separate while NMB and SKE were combined.

And Nogizaka was offered a place on a tentative basis. Look it up (keyword 紅白内定). HKT wasn't. Nogi was swapped to HKT for the final position. Yes, we can only speculate why but I was explaining why people are speculating that it was the recent scandals.

Please stop being so defensive, that language could start an ugly argument.

12. tokidoki

tokidoki Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    No one would be offered a place on a tentative basis, that's just ridiculous.

13. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Instead of telling us to look it up, why don't you provide the source of this information?

14. Sayanara231

Sayanara231 Kenkyuusei

well, you did write this:
    which can be interpreted as you saying that HKT wasn't invited because of their own reasons but rather as a replacement for Nogizaka. not to mention that "widely speculated" is such a hollow statement either. there are plenty of newsources that talk about how HKT was exactly the right group to perform at Kouhaku. I just thought that you made it sound a little one-sided.
    and I am not being defensive, nor am I trying to call you or Nogizaka out on anything. I just wanted to point out that the reasons for HKT's invite and Nogizaka not getting invited aren't as clear as "Nogizaka would've performed on Kouhaku but their scandals prevented it", nor is that an opinion that is uniformly shared among newsoutlets or communities or anything.

15. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    During the press conference for Kouhaku - HKT members that were present were Lovetan, Natsu, Chihiron, Mio, Kanon and 4 more members together. You'd think Sasshi, Haruppi and Sakura would appear there but they didn't because of their schedule. They were probably informed of it a near the date of the press conference.

It's possible that Nogizaka was supposed to be the 4th group but HKT had to replace them. For what reason? We don't know.

16. Binary_Fairy

Binary_Fairy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Perhaps they wanted to give it a more youthful vibe? After all HKT is the group that is known for their young members, and very up beat songs. So the producers may have wanted to open the show with something that would be happy and fun, to set the tone for the rest of the show.

Not saying that is what happened, but there are plenty of reasons as to what could have happened, though even after looking at some of those articles that were mentioned to look up. ((By that i mean, a phrase to look up...maybe I didn't read the same ones that they did)), All it seemed to be was articles was merely conjecture that Nogi be would there, more over there are similar articles that said the same about HKT, nothing that would suggest that they were offered the place.

17. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Kouhaku staff will absolute cancel/refuse to invite acts based on scandals. If Nogi was originally slated to perform on kouhaku before that scandal, it's not only entirely possible they would get removed from it, it's expected. One of my favorite performers on Kouhaku (Kobayashi Sachiko) got the boot a couple years ago for having some sort of stupid scandal, and she hasn't been back since. HKT could very well have been a replacement act for Nogizaka. Before you get up in arms about it though, to a non-fan, these idol groups are pretty much all the same and interchangeable. I know Nogi fans like to pretend that Nogi is super separate and way more this or that than the 48 groups but honestly they are under the same producer, if not the same label, and they're run quite similarly with similar output so having HKT stand in for them makes sense and no one but fans would really bat an eye at it.

18. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    What i can say, is that the girls have given their all to do an amazing job as ouverture of Kouhaku, got featured in newspaper, and the girls got confidence in themselves.

Whoever is involved in having HKT in Kouhaku, i want to thank him from the bottom of my heart.

19. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

I do believe that it is highly possible that HKT replaced Nogi for Koukahu because of "the" scandal (it's pretty big, not just a scandal). Fans are the only ones who cares about these issues, other people will probably say "Another 48 group? There's wayyy to many on Kouhaku!!"

20. Hitokage

Hitokage Kenkyuusei

As already mentioned, when it comes to really caring about group, both are more or less the same. But for more of a household name, HKT is way ahead of Nogi.

You won't get anywhere when stating everything 1 sided and all going by your personal guarantee or your so-called "widely speculated". Like I've said, Sasshi played a huge role. All 3 of my Japanese teachers I've asked know about HKT. But none of them even have a clue who Nogizaka46 is. It's a very small sample, but it does mean something, especially when none of them are idol fans. It's impossible to downplay Sasshi's uncountable appearances (which no other 48G member even come close) on TV together with other famous celebrities that attract high viewers, and there she's always being introduced as HKT48. If you think Nogi's stuffs can rival such factors, then obviously it's too bias.