Single AKB48 38th [Kibouteki Refrain] (2014/11/26)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 17, 2014.

1. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Two Words for the preview vid.

HOLY...CRAP! :shocku::shocku::shocku:

Now can't wait for the full MV. Also love the covers as well :).

2. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Can't be perfect without Team PV's. I NEED my Team B PV!:gavel:

3. YKT

YKT Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    MayuyuOrg
    AnfieldAkiba translated http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2043865/full

"Translation of comment by director of Kibouteki Refrain PV

Comment by director Hideyuki Tanaka:

This time (I'm doing the PV for) the song Kibouteki Refrain. There's a two-shot of Mayuyu and Sakura singing during the last chorus. We aimed to make that scene something unforgettable.

Everything was a story leading to that. And that is also the story of AKB48.

Thanks to that, I'm now a big fan of AKB48."

4. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    I'm gonna hold judgement till we get a whole video & song....

I don't mind the song at all.

Something about this video (I realize I'm seeing it out of context) unsettles me. The fact that they managed to get Acchan, Yuko, Mariko, Tomo-chin (What? Kasai was busy??) to appear worried me that they still want to hold on to the past. I thought this was a NEW ERA of AKB48! Mayu + Sakura & all these New faces & a 30 person Senbatsu...and yet we're using Cameos from girls who already left?? IT's TOO SOON!!!

I realize I could be totally "out of line" as I'm seeing clips out of Context but I will be really annoyed if this is AKI-P trying to Relive the Past as opposed to paying Homage to it. I don't know it's weird seeing them come back so soon. I have no issues with the song but this video concerns me. I want "New" not more of the the "Old". I hope I'm wrong!

5. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    When KNP was nearly a flop they now use all they can get for changing the course downward. It may succeed.

6. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Here's another Preview of the Pv :cute:

if the video does not show watch the video here

I hope that all 32 members of senbatsu will get at least one close-up too!

7. BeMyGuest

BeMyGuest Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kawaeirina
    The covers are so damn good and I love how you can combine them to see all the girls running in one photo, a pretty good idea that will surely sell some extra copies. Since I first saw the screen caps, I felt as the atmosphere in PV is a bit too dark for the song, but after putting pictures and sound together, it felt better. The cameo serves more to the older fans of the group I guess, that are more fond to the graduated members. I was able to catch only a bit of Yuko while she was still in akb48, but it's like she left yesterday, so idk, I can't say I missed her to the need of cameo so soon. As for the other graduates, I'm not fond of them, so they are just taking my certain fav members' screen time tbh. Aki-P should have more faith in the new gen and let them shine on their own. After all, the song is good, the PV seems to be good too, so this cameo feels unnecessary.

8. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Kasai was never center. ;)

I see it a bit as ManaGuu Part II, ending up now on Mayu-Sakura.

I'm confused about the bit where they throw the 4 bags on the floor. I suppose those are the SayoKuro centers.
    It should go then to Sasshi - Kojiharu - Jurina - Yuko again - Mayu & Sakura.

I hope this doesn't go further than the 2nd verse or something, cause I really want to see the rest of the girls in senbatsu. It doesn't make sense to make this one so big when they could've done the same thing with the usual 16.

9. oscar6262

oscar6262 Kenkyuusei

The covers AMAZING!!!!!!!!!:^O^::^O^::^O^:
    ohmygod and the PV!!!!!! Achan & jurina scence:omg:

10. Wataru

Wataru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    [​IMG]
    OH MY GOD I'M DYING :^O^: :hehe:
    I'M HAVING A FANBOY ATTACK RIGHT NOW :omfg::omfg::omfg:

11. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    Really? KNP was a 'Flop'? what proof is there? Handshakes, Single sales, what exactly? I kinda like KNP - I love the LIVES of it. How are we judging "Flop"?

12. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Not really a flop but its not really a successful single is it? Even Mayuyu joke about it

13. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Over 1,000,000 sold is "not really successful"? In what market are you thinking?

14. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    It only takes a few people in this forum to say "this single sucks it's a failure" for others to believe.

I'm officially hyped to death for the new single. Is it me or does Acchan look younger nowadays than she used to back in her AKB days?

15. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Yeah definitely! I can't wait until we get the full single T_T

Other people like myself don't judge AKB anymore based on physical sales only. We also look to karaoke rankings (this is the first senbatsu single that hasn't ranked in either the weekly or monthly rankings) and digital (it didn't hit #1 weekly on any chart). So yeah, it's not as good as the other singles.

Lack of stress maybe? Sure looks more gorgeous as time goes on.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2014
  16. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Like Piyochama said. Lack of Stress I'm guessing. I think all 4 of them actually have that.

17. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    deny all you want but are we really gonna forget the fact that KNP is doing much much worse than their other singles, the ssk single has a lot of hype with the whole victory thing yet 8 weeks in it can't even match MSM's 1st week sales

its digital sales are pathetic and not a love of people see it as another KFC, Hebirote or even less popular but still successful like Furage, Iiwake

Even Mayu herself said how it didn't become as successful as she hoped for or something, sure 1mil is not flop with other groups, but hey, other groups doesn't have 350 girls and doesn't have to make much more to sustain themselves

it's saying something when KFC is still on Oricon top 200 for its 61th week now and KNP is in danger of dropping out of the chart

18. nathan_drake

nathan_drake Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    IMO, mgm don't have to make a big senbatsu if the grad member will steal the show lol.

19. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

KNP was an excellent song btw, a very good composition.

And for this single....I don't mind if the MV 100% Tomochin running.

20. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    @Aisansan I totally agree. With both statements. :^^;:

I wonder if we'll get to catch a glimpse of girls like Sayaya and Ikumin in the PV.