Single AKB48 42nd [Kuchibiru ni Be My Baby] 15/12/09

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 27, 2015.

1. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    I have to correct me, it was in Team K. Team A and B also have some sold slots. But it's ironic with at least for Akicha, she have had very hard to sell out any slots lately but when she's about to leave her fans wake up. But so far we don't know when she and Mariyagi will leave, they can participate in the next single as well. Graduation songs you know.

2. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

You can say this to basically every graduating member lol, Nakki sold out her slots right after she announced her graduation....

3. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    congrats to AKB, I guess lol~ I wonder if management even knows how desperate they are sometimes lol

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  4. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

I'm not embarrassed at all

Actually, I'm not sure how anyone else is??
    So having a ton of events to get to 1m in a week is not embarrassing, but then adding just one event in order to reach 1m in the second week is very embarrassing? Sorry, I don't follow this logic at all lol

If you guys are embarrassed by this, you should really be embarrassed by every single released by every 46/48g. Especially latest NMB single that somehow miraculously charts every week, months after release. And of course, every nogi single ever released.

5. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

finally 1 mil !!! yay !!! so the million streaks continue i guess ...just the 1mil 1st week streak is gone :^^;:

6. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Well to be fair, they have been postponing their defeat since 2011, the fact that they kept it up this long is quite an achievement.

• Like Like x 1
  7. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

What I'm trying to say is they've been adding an ton of events and hs slots for the last couple of years, so putting out one more day on top of it just to reach 1m isn't anything extra embarrassing compared to the usual. Why would they admit defeat if they can fix the problem of breaking the streak with a super quick fix like they did and still reach 1m? This single would have definitely reached 1m in a week if they just put better hs locations/times instead of Osaka during golden week, if they hadn't pissed off fans with the photo event, and if they hadn't released a more-than-usually expensive album 2 weeks earlier. Might as well just add one more day than lose a 5 year long streak right?

8. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    @kyoto48☀︎☂ the thing that's embarrassing that I think I definitely am in the camp of is how desperate they were to reach 1mm for this single, and how quite frankly no one cares except management about the million streak.

If you think about it, not a single news agency reported how the million streak (in the first week) was broken. The general public doesn't notice, much less care. And yet management clearly does, which is shown in their desperation and how badly managed this set was.

9. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Right, only management cares about the million streak. It's not like fans were ever denying that the group had already reached it's peak and were using the million sales in one week as the proof that the group was still in amazing shape and would call anyone who disagreed an Anti it was only management who was trying to keep that cover.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    I thought it was a bit of a stupid idea, but I think this single might reach a million after all. The million-in-a-week streak may be over, but hopefully the million singles streak overall isn't.

11. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

You don't have to hope for it, it's already selling a million. Look up at a couple of post above your post :)

12. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

AKB48's 42nd Single (3rd Week Sales)
    Week 3:
    70,788 (1,002,078) (1st)

13. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin
    I agree, it is all very embarrassing. Every 48/46 release is.

And then there are the people who'll say that 900 thousand is still great and much more than other artists manage on Oricon like those numbers have any meaning or relevance.

14. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Let's not forget that about 300 girls sell AKB48 singles and that 'other artists' usually have 1 ~ 10 members.

15. renjiro

renjiro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sakaguchinagisa
    So I was browsing an old thread the 18th single (Beginner) page 148, it was fun seeing how people in these forum went crazy and so proud because AKB reached a million for the first time, maybe if AKB get the 2M mark then people here would get proud again. The fact that AKB managed to keep the million streak for 5 years is amazing for me, these numbers are important because if these numbers continue to decline then there could be forced graduation or worst disbandment because there are too many girls. So congrats to AKB for keeping the million streak and the group alive

16. SorrowAir

SorrowAir Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Notice how nobody is jizzing over the fact that they manage this million?

Yeah, the fans don't really care either.

What the fans want all along is the group to continue to exist and stay interesting.

17. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    It WAS fun. And you know what? It still is.

(Fun fact: Heavy Rotation went 3mm+, so it's hilarious that people were over the moon about it hahaha)

Agreed. Honestly I don't think anyone outside of management really cares, hahaha.

18. renjiro

renjiro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sakaguchinagisa
    Yeah, I never said it was not fun now anymore, it was nice seeing different reaction and debate too. I'm just comparing the standards is so high now for AKB that reaching 1M is just a common thing now. jmo

And yes, I check those old threads too, I love seeing the reactions of the people lol

19. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin
    Heavy Rotation went 3mm+? What does that mean?

20. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

It's because it didn't reach it in a week. Go back to all the threads for all the past singles. When they reach 1m there's lots of congrats posts.

The fans care about 1m in a week, no matter what others say. This reached 1m in two and I've barely seen a single congrats post here. This goes for 2ch as well. Hopefully the next single will bring that back.