1. We have new admins and are making big plans for 2019 and beyond. Please read the state of the forum here and support if you can!

Single AKB48 46th [High Tension] (16/11/16)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 15, 2016.

1. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    The latest Oricon exclusion rules are really specific. They target groups who sell copies of their single before there's even a title as entry to fan events. AKB doesn't, so it's fine.

2. gocchisama

gocchisama Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    yes what i said was not a statement, i just was vaguely referring to something said before about oricon. I wasn't sure if it affects oricon, and apparently not.

3. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    That pretty much explains why GEM's Spotlight flopped.

4. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    The new oricon rules do target people buying "more than the socially acceptable amount" at once, so people buying 20+ CDs online at once won't have most of their purchase counted. This is bound to affect AKB sales some, particularly the single that comes with sousenkyo voting tickets.

5. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    But the 20+ rule is old. The new rule doesn't do anything to AKB, AFAIK.

6. windershaker

windershaker Kenkyuusei

Wow... AKB48 made a new record with their streak of "1 million in 1st-day" singles.

It used to be 3 singles (from SayoKuro to KFC to Heart Ereki), but now it's 4 singles (KwM to TwI to LOVE TRIP and now High Tension).

This can also be considered the first year where all AKB48 singles released sell 1 million in the first day.

7. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    Yeah Team 8 is hitting their stride and NGT so far only shakes hands for AKB singles. I believe next single there will be a small drop with NGT finally debuting.
    It is really insane if you think about it though. 48+46 basically sell 10Million a year. Jesus Christ, AKS execs must be swimming in money.

8. Trinu

Trinu Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    We've known that for a while. We were talking about the new silly Oricon news.

Tsubasa wa Iranai went on to sell more than 2 million copies according to Billboard, but not according to Oricon.
    Meh.

What's funny is that Nogizaka is selling like 800k with 37 girls (3rd gen haven't been included in the newest single, as far as I know) and AKB is using almost 300 to sell JUST 400k more.

If Nogi added Keyaki like AKB does, AKB would be "done" as the best seller.

9. Aka

Aka Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    But most of those 300+ girls contribute almost nothing to AKB's sales. If Nogizaka had 300 girls that wouldn't mean that all of them would be popular and sell a lot of handshakes. AKB had its heyday (with less people than it has today), Nogizaka is going through its heyday. The question is: can Nogizaka survive its downfall as well as AKB did?

10. plomeplome

plomeplome Kenkyuusei

Nogi's current senbatsu is pretty much all the popular members they have (+1 or 2 more). And most of them are over 20, even worse the fukujins aka frontliners are even older and are at graduation age. The train is always moving, Maimai, Nanamin then who's next? Maiyan, Manatsu, Sayuringo, Misa and more

2-3 years from now most of them will be gone. If they doesnt handle the transition well, they are going to drop like a rock. Its worrying tbh

TwI sold around 2.5m according to soundscan mid year report

1.AKB48 – Tsubasa wa Iranai: 2,499,000
    2. AKB48 – Kimi wa Melody: 1,474,000
    4. Nogizaka46 – Harujion ga Saku Koro: 793,000
    6. SKE48 – Chicken LINE: 414,000
    7. Keyakizaka46 – Silent Majority: 382,000
    8. HKT48 – 74 Okubun no 1 no Kimi e: 359,000
    9. NMB48 – Amagami Hime: 337,000

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  11. Reveen

Reveen Upcoming Girls

Good point but you're not exactly equating like with like, though the 46 groups have copied a lot of the 48's business model they aren't exactly the same. The 48-group needs a lot of girls because they have theater productions to fill (5 theaters plus Team 8's roving performances) whereas 46 groups don't have theaters so they don't need theater girls. Many of the 48 groups members only do a small number of slots, there are maybe 15-20 girls who do max slots on a single.

12. Rurouni

Rurouni Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

I don't think Nogi + Keyaki will be 1+1=2 but more like 1+1=1.5\
    To make 1+1=2 then you must assume that their fans are unique to each other which I'm pretty sure that won't be the case. If you bought some HS ticket for a single, would you buy more ticket or spread your ticket in a case where you found a new member that you want to do HS with? Basically if I bought 10HS ticket for Ikuta (Nogi) for a Nogi only single and I bought 10HS ticket for Hirate (Keyaki) for a Keyaki only release, when they release a NogiKeyaki single, I would probably buy 5HS for Ikuta and 5HS for Hirate. First is about the limited money that I have, 2nd is about time.
    If Nogi have 300 members, what would happen is that the HS would be spread out even more. Let say that a group have 1000 fans. Would doubling the member of that group double the fans? of course not! Actually, the number of fans would likely be similar (no increase or a very small increase). Nogi definitely can do with more members since they already sell almost every slots they have, but if they add up to 300 members the situation probably will look similar to AKB.
    Also AKB fans need to save for SSK :p

Anyway, they are working differently. The dynamic is different. Also 48SG is not the same as Keyaki.

Meanwhile, something that I haven't seen before happen which is something that I care about more nowadays vs CD sales, which is digital ranking.
    Song name (recochoku/itunes)
    High Tension (9/10)
    Better (37/79)
    Hoshizora wo Kimi ni (46/85)
    Shishunki no Adrenaline (49/90)
    Mata Anata no Koto wo Kangaeteta (72/*)
    Happy end (76/*)
    Seijun Tired (85/*)
    Osaekirenai Shoudou (94/*)

Although it probably will only last for a day, all the songs are charting on recochoku!

• Like Like x 1
  13. jdiaz1994

jdiaz1994 Kenkyuusei

Hey that Tentoumu Chu song is fire AF!!! :worthy:

14. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

No surprise for Recochoku. It will be shocking if it isn't.

15. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    :eek: If so, then Nogizaka will be screwed if the popular fukujins leave unless they have a capable young member in the group like Super Girls's Yumeri and Runachu. Speaking of Super Girls, they have the potential to become more popular than Nogizaka in the future.

16. ZenigameX

ZenigameX Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    It's not rocket science. Nogi will face the same problem as AKB once the 1st gens start mass graduating, especially Nanase, Maiyan, Ikuchan etc. Their image will start changing every so often, and that's when the casual fans start dropping rapidly (much less non-HS CD sales) and harder to gain fans. It's easier to maintain wota as they have another oshi they can find, but for that you need to provide a lot of choices like AKB does, else your HS CDs sales will drop big time as well.

I can never get ppl who compare AKB to Nogi now, when Nogi is still in a phase where they still have a consistent image since most 1st gen are still around. Age of the group doesn't even matter, I don't care if AKB is 100 years old and Nogi is only 20 years old, as long as Nogi enters the same phase of constantly changing image like AKB, then you can compare them. And it won't be long from now.

17. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Kenkyuusei

Another 1m! As always excellent news and this single is selling really well for a fall single. AKB is still going strong :)

About nogi, they are basically where akb was in 2010. Hit songs and their best members are all there. If anyone thinks nogi will easily sell 800k when maiyan, naachan, ikuchan, etc. are gone then they will have a tough reality to face. Oh I think they will break 1 million and keep it there, but that's because by that point you will probably see nogi actually copying akb and bringing in ssk, sister group hs, lots of new members, ...

Either way, I've never cared about how they make the sales so much as they keep them up. And in that aspect, AKB is still going really strong and will for quite a while.

18. ZenigameX

ZenigameX Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    2nd day - 21,236
    Lowest 2nd day since 2009's Iiwake Maybe. As expected yesterday's less than ideal sales is because of poor non-theater sales.

Edit: Soundscan sales as of today is 1,404,005. Minus yesterday's figure would be 21,607. Very close to Oricon

19. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    true, but I think sony wouldn't allow them to evolve like AKB. the creation of keyakizaka IMO was a response of aging members in Nogizaka,so eventhough nogizaka will someday irrelevant, keyakizaka are still going strong. But hey, we'll never know what would really happened in the future

This single alongside love trip are the finer single akb released this year, the huge sales number might be because of request hour. But it proven that akb brand is still relevant. I guess AKB irrelevancy would be happening when despite of all the usual gimmicks, they could only sell 200k something. But that would be a long time from now

20. rka

rka Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Matsumoto Chikako
    Twitter:
    rka_01
    One possible explanation for the huge day-1 sales and subsequent tremendous drops might be perfect logistics that ships every preordered copy on the first day. We have seen "smeared" first week sales for some sister group releases for examples.

That said, and because money that comes in on tuesdays is as good as money that comes in on mondays, we shouldnt be so overly concerned with how sales are distributed.

Btw, since Kuchiburi is bashed so much, what i find curious is that it is by far the best charting single since KFC in terms of charting weeks. I wonder why that is.

• Like Like x 1