Single AKB48 47th (Shoot Sign) (17/03/15)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Feb 4, 2017.

1. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    I think sometimes people give too much attention to the SSK results. i mean, surely is an important factor, but that's not the only one. When management put a girl on a single senbatsu, does it not only considering her SSK position, but also her popularity on handshakes, her recognition for the general public and popularity outside the group, considering if she has other particular skills, or simply beacause they want to push her. Saying that Yuria doesn't deserve to be a senbatu lock cause this year she ranked on next girls I think it's a bit superficial. We shouldn't consider those results that much. I mean, a girl could rank higher than others even if she's not as popular as others.. but she only needs a few rich and dedicated voters and she will surpass a lot of more popular members just for that. It means that girl deserve more to be a senbatsu lock on all the singles? No, she just deserve that position for the sousenkyo single, but then, for the others, a lot of other requirements will come.

Honestly I think that Yuria has enough requirements to be a senbatsu lock, maybe not media senbatsu, but I think it's still ok. Surely if she does not at least comeback to undergirls on the next sousenkyou, she will be on a risk, cause a lot of new girls are increasing their popularity.. but at the moment I don't think Yuria's senbatsu lock is that scandalous: she's selling enough well on handshakes, she's got a high rank on kouhaku, she's enough popular for general public... I think she's doing well, it's just that she underperforms on SSK, but even that is not that atrocoius, I mean, there are lot of cases of pushed girls who didn't even rank.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  2. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Onishi Momoka senbatsu definitely not based from last year SSK. So does Yoshida Akari. Or anyone below Yuria.

Who says this single senbatsu member are picked from those FACT?

3. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    Yoshida Akari is from the Kouhaku Dream Senbatsu where she ranked 6th. Same reason Shiichan and Miorin made it.(And probably Suda Akari since akb48 management ignore her as much as they can)
    Apparently Onishi has been working very hard on showroom(morning shows everyday?) but I don't really follow her so this is second hand info.

4. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    also Mirurin

5. oji-sama

oji-sama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuranoonarumi
    This is the list of all of the AKB members who ranked in the kouhaku thing.
    Notice how every member who ranked in besides Murayama Yuiri and Owada Nana (announced grad!!!!!) are in the senbatsu! And yeah, Oya was in TwI last year but she's not a frequent choice for senbatsu (by the way, neither are Akari and Miorin!!!) so clearly, management is rewarding kouhaku dream team members+rara and onishi in this single.

And regarding your point about investing in someone better than Yuria, I don't necessarily disagree. That being said, who are you and I to assume that Yuria makes x amount of money? It's quite possible that she has high sales in areas that we are not aware of. Having a lot of haters and losing less than 2,000 votes in the senabtsu =/= being unpopular.

6. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    These are fair arguments. Both of you guys are right, we don't know everything about how much money Yuria make for the company or lost when she dropped at SSK.

7. junjou19

junjou19 Member

I finally feel like they're beginning the solidify the new gen senbatsu. It looks pretty good, I just wish they would leave out the sister group members....

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

8. ShaiHH

ShaiHH Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Onishi has streamed in the 5-7am JST timeframe for like 4 months now, not missing a single day. Showroom actually tracks that and tags the channel as "meet me every day", so everyone can see it when she's online.
    Might change for now, if she gets involved in Senbatsu work of course. Just to expand on your statement. ;)

@Rurouni
    IIRC Sashi talked about Towers again on another stream, stating that the Udon she was eating on the stream, was what the like 20-30 towers she had received during the same stream were worth for her. So I'd say, she remains opposed to fans giving Towers :D (but only hearsay of course)

9. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    It's just 0530 JST as I type this and guess who's just come online in Showroom... ;)

10. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

HS do bring in more if you sell alot of it. Max slot sold out girls sells around 13k per single (5 days with 5 slots, 540 tickets per 90min slot for 10 sec each) which equates to approx 13m yen per single. And thats a huge underestimate since they can fit alot more than that in a slot, Nogi sold 955k with 99% HS sales + reg eds, I would estimate pure HS sales to be around 700k for 790 slots (100%) which = 886 tickets per slot which equates to 22k for a 25 max slots single

Surely showroom is making alot of money hence they are encouraging the girls to do it by giving Onishi a senbatsu spot. Not only they are making money from showroom, its a way of promoting the members which can potentially increase their popularity = increased handshake sales, outside jobs blah blah

11. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Naru?

12. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Sakura and Yuiyui are not on the same level at all LOL I wouldn't compare them. Sakura is successful both with the fandom and public, be it with handshake (best/faster HS seller after Sayanee), magazines, elections (#6), even in Kouhaku senbatsu she was high (#5!), in the Love Night drama voting too (she got #1 viewer vote), solo Cm's, drama role, etc. what makes you think the public wouldn't care if she is center... She is the most successful young member. and you contradict yourself by saying that Mayuyu or Miion or Yuihan should be center because they're the "only ones" relevant. I agree for Mayuyu, but I'm pretty sure Sakura is more popular and known than Miion and Yuihan (well, for Yuihan she is popular too, but Sakura is rising and more popular, and she's young).

The most "relevant" 48G members are Sasshi, Mayuyu, Yukirin, Sayanee (and Kojiharu too). then Sakura and Jurina. and then Yuihan.

13. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    @plomeplome Difference being for HS events, they have to spend money on venue, staff, security, catering, ect. ect.

SR by comparison costs the group nothing.

14. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    They went "ohh" not "ehh". I saw several different fancams, and the reaction sounded more positive than negative. In fact she was one of the few girls to even get a reaction.

15. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

First off, did I say Sakura and Yuiyui are on the same level? NO. I just said they are both not relevant to the public.

And wow are those supposed to be receipts of Sakura's relevance to the general public? All the achievements you've mentioned are fandom related and cater to fans primarily. The Kouhaku senbatsu is hardly indicative of what the general public wants because last I checked, there are definitely more than 460,856 people in Japan. And eh what solo CMs and drama roles is she booking? Lotte? Cabasuka? It may seem like she's doing so well but that is only true if you only look at 48 group. Even then, her success within the group is partly because she literally had no competition for the longest time. She had no real rival, it was just her, the golden girl. Until Mion arrived that is. Also, the achievements that you have raised means nada because nobody cares much about AKB anymore. It's like being the captain of a sinking ship. Fact is, the only relevant girls left aside from Kojiharu are Mayuyu, Sasshi and Sayanee. Yukirin was over ever since her scandal. I think the best indication of popularity within the general public is the Nikkei ranking and in 2016 she's at #27 among female idols, way below Miichan, Yui, Annin, Rie, Milky and a whole bunch of Nogizaka girls. So you are actually wrong, Yuihan is more popular and known than Sakura!

Finally, what contradiction is there when I said I rather have Mayuyu, Mion or Yuihan? I said they are somewhat relevant, but I didn't say that they are more relevant than Sakura (but wait they are actually more popular than her!). Also, I'd rather have Mion or Yuihan center because they can easily build up some story around them (the main point of my paragraph which you purposely ignored in your eagerness to prove Sakura's achievements) since they have already squeezed out every last drop of that ~*NEW GEN CENTER*~ hype from Sakura over the last two years.

16. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Prob the "ehh" crowd and "ohh" crowd were evenly scattered around the place lol

17. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Yeah, what I mean is by absolute terms tho. The scale is just too different, HS is probably still making alot more as a whole than SR. They probably have to split the SR earnings with SR itself too

18. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

19. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

@parukii Never. Ever. Mess with Mana when it comes to Sakura lmao. Whether what she's saying is true or not, if someone quotes her, she'll drag the discussion for pages and that's not what we want here.

20. Mouse

Mouse Kenkyuusei