Single AKB48 51st [Jabaja] (2018/03/14)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

In case some people still wondering whether they will be on the next MSte... yes, they will. And I will tell you this, they will perform 52nd ~ ∞ on MSte in due time.
    chrome_2018-03-16_15-42-58.jpg

2. singlepersona

singlepersona Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    might be a dumb question but what to do with the serial number that comes with the blue sheet? im not sure where to input it on the website

3. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Day 3:9,608(1,057,106) (2nd)

Previous days:
    Day 1: 1,028,653 (1st)
    Day 2: 18,845 (2nd)

4. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Other recent March releases, days 2 and 3 (from the wiki).

KwM 36,419 (1st) 19,415 (1st)
    SS 21,898 (1st) 11,958 (1st)

5. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    can u take photo of it so we can know what u're talking abt? or is it the zenkoku handshake tix?

6. singlepersona

singlepersona Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    yeah its like the shiny looking paper thats in the booklet, it has a serial code for akb.kingrecords.co.jp i can't take a picture right now since i'm away from home but i'm pretty sure it's the handshake ticket, just not sure how to use it.

7. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    Yeah, the glittery blue paper is a handshake ticket. You can use it at one of Jabaja national handshake events (全国握手会).

8. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Sis, citing Renacchi as an example will only get you dragged. The vocal members of Stage48 just hate her. Anyway, it's not like you were committing hate crimes against this season's queen. IDK why people are coming after you for saying that she has a push when it's a fact.

I do think Sakura had more than Naachan tho. She was main character in 3 or 4 AKB dramas. But Naachan definitely had a way bigger push than Renacchi.

Renacchi had a subunit but her subunit had no song, no TV show unlike TTMC which had every single thing given to them on silver platter. Renacchi never had a solo, never got center position in an original unit, never centered AKB senbatsu, only centered team songs and one under girls center three years after she joined AKB compared to Naachan who centered under girls just a year after she joined AKB but some here still think that she has a bigger push compared to Naachan. :fear:

Once AKB decides to properly push Renacchi its over for y'all.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  9. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Sakura did get a big push in dramas but I was thinking more about singles and idol jobs in general. Sakura only has one solo center of AKB (and she was kinda overshadowed by AKB old gens return but it's fine anyway), and a few centers in AKB b-sides. Not that different from Naachan's center history (a-side/b-sides) except Sakura also has 2 double centers. She did get things that Naachan doesn't get but they've had a lot of similar things in their push, it's not that different overall. even for photobooks they both have just 1. Sakura got a bit more push in general but she's also a lot more popular so that's probably why. Naachan is not getting dramas but she's getting lead roles of stage plays though, while Sakura didn't do stage plays. And both of them had kennins, etc. it's similar. and a few things like an active subunit, solo concert etc. are things Naachan got, but Sakura didn't. in the end the amount of opportunities is more or less equal.

I'm just saying, I only took Sakura as example among lots of others. I'm kinda over this discussion though (don't mass-quote me again, Naachan fans :fear:)

and yes JUSTICE for Renacchi, I'm still waiting!

10. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Renacchi is being pushed, you guys.
    I'm waiting for a revived Ikumin and Katomina push!

11. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

And when did Naachan receive them?
    Solo song: 2017
    Center position in original unit: 2018
    AKB senbatsu center: 2018
    And why?
    2016 SSK: 14th
    2017 SSK: 9th
    2018 SSK: Kami 7??
    Handshake: Sell out 98% of the time after her boom
    Renacchi?

12. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I think with being a steady undergirl in SSK since 2014, Renacchi quite received what she deserved so far but I don't think she had a mega push at all... the unit Annin was part of (AnRiRe) only ever had one song, and it was on Sasshi's solo single and we all know solo singles never sell as well as main group singles, plus there are two versions of the MV where Kawaei is the center or Sasshi (lol). The first few senbatsu positions she got were Manatsu no sounds good (36-nin), Sayonara Crawl (32-nin), Labrador Retriever (36-nin), Kibouteki Refrain (32-nin), Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai (32-nin) and now we're already past SSK 2015 when Renacchi ranked up a few new numbers and showed she could potentially be a steady member (which she turned out to be).

Last year, Renacchi was actually one of the top 7 members in AKB48 in SSK.
    1. (2) Watanabe Mayu (AKB48, Team B) (149,132)
    2. (7) Yokoyama Yui (AKB48, Team A) (58,314)
    3. (9) Okada Nana (AKB48, Team 4) (48,143)
    4. (11) Takahashi Juri (AKB48, Team 4) (42,663)
    5. (17) Mukaichi Mion (AKB48, Team K) (35,201)
    6. (19) Minegishi Minami (AKB48, Team K) (34,688)
    7. (21) Kato Rena (AKB48, Team B) (30,282)
    So, yeah, I think what Renacchi received from AKS was fairly given to her. Her first senbatsu was a media senbatsu for Manatsu no Sounds Good, so I can see how that was more than she "should have" received at the time, but it was Acchan's last song and they probably wanted people to get to know some new faces lol

13. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    A subunit Sakura in got its own single release though, something Tentoumuchu didn't get even though they had many more songs. It was a one-time project though, as it seemed.

14. trxsh

trxsh Member

It's so dumb to make a post stating a bunch of subjective and borderline insulting stuff about a member's """level of push""" and then start clutching your pearls and being defensive because people with a different perspective are allowed to state their opinion as well.

My first response on the push topic was really just about why I think Naachan's a great choice for a push but if I had to compare Kato Rena and Naachan, the glaring difference to me is that one is in management top 16/media senbatsu at least a year longer than the other yet hasn't managed to get people to care enough to rank into election senbatsu while the other got into management senbatsu the same year they got into election senbatsu. Naachan being center seems pretty appropriate since she's among one of the most successful young members, just like it was appropriate at the time for Sakura to get center. Well I thought so, but there was the whole kennin thing and bla bla.

As for hating Kato Rena, it seems like kind of a waste of time to hate an idol. At most I just think it's a waste sometimes when I see her giving lackluster performance on music shows when there are strong performers that could do well if they had the same chances. But anyway, that's just an opinion, I think opinions are fair game when you're a member with high exposure. People are probably just trying to take on victim status - there are cases when members get abusive comments, but I don't see criticisms as necessarily hate.

/edit i forgot a word

15. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    In my opinion; I first get to like a member simply by their face. If they are cute, I'm automatically interested in them. Then, I check how they are on variety/MC's, and get to know their personality. If I'm still interested in them, I watch their performance. Their dance and singing is important for me but not that much, the most important thing is their expressions, how they seem like they are the ones who are conveying their emotions through the song, and not Akimoto Yasushi. The last one is the killer for me. If a member doesn't have strong expressional abilities or at least trying to, I just don't like them.

For Sakura, Hinatan, Miru, Mako etc.; it worked that way. I first liked how they looked, then checked them out and came to love them. For Nana, it seemed to work exactly the opposite. I didn't like her at first, then her performance skills really shook me, then I came to like her personality and started finding her cute. Now I completely love her.
    For Renacchi, she lost me from the second step. I'm sorry guys, but no matter how much I watch her, she just looks like a pretty shell with empty space inside. If Renacchi fans have anything to say about this, please do, since I'd very much be happy to like her. But now, it may be okay to some extent comparing Sakura to Rena (which I'm completely against to, but both of them are visual-based, so...), but on the other hand; comparing Nana to Rena is insane. I usually refrain from making judgements, but it's... okay I'll say no more.

To change the topic, I actually loved the Sakamichi song and the Wakate Senbatsu song. Both better than the title track, both one of the rare actually good songs 48g released lately.

16. GATX105

GATX105 Member

^
    I think the point of discussing the pushes though is that members need some degree of push in order for you to even see their face.
    I think comparing nana to renacchi isn't really insane, it's a comparison. Try comparing nana success/push to juri, probably a more even base but different level of push.

Lol, and I think you just got one of renacchi's charm points -- much better than ugly shell with empty space inside right? Works for some people I guess. If she had more abilities then we might be comparing her to tecchi instead j/k

17. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

The thing is that not all pushes are the same.

Renacchi's push has almost been within the fandom itself.
    Here's a unit with Ricchan and Annin, but we're gonna push Ricchan more.
    Here's a SSK for yourself, but nobody out of the fandom will know about it.
    Here's a center in a b-side you'll barely perform, but hey, center!

Naachan has been a bit more out there.
    They made a huge deal out of the creation of Tentoumu Chu in the Sapporo Dome concert (even if she wasn't the center).
    She got the kennin in STU.
    She had a solo concert in January,
    And she centered this single.

I'd say Naachan's push has been bigger than Renacchi's, but at the same time, she's earned it.
    She's been selling out her HS for years and ranking up in the election (51-29-14-9), so why wouldn't she get management's favour in the end?

Comparing pushes is stupid because they are very different among themselves.
    You can't compare Paruru's push, literally naming her the next unmovable center, with Myao, who just MCed every interval in the '16 RH and got to invade the covers of the DVD that just a few fans would buy.

So basically, nowadays, if a girl wants a push, she must do well in her HS these days (hey, Yuiyui).
    And that's about it.

18. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

THANK YOU TRINU SAMA! <3 <3 <3

Now let me talk to the haters.

Before Bokutata, she was always a trending topic every time she appears on music shows with the super senpais. Calling her a lacklustre performer is so 2010, like have you seen anything since her First Love solo? I mean ofc she's no Sayanee but Sakura isn't either and they have been giving Renacchi dance oriented units in the stages, can't say the same for Sakura. Y'all are just bitter cause Renacchi keeps it real and doesn't bother acting all fake and chummy at handshakes. AKB isn't about the handshakes anyway. AKB is about the theatre.

Sakura a personality as compared to Renacchi? All I remember of her is that pretending as though she has zero athletic sense bs.

Anyway I love Sakura but I won't stand for ungrounded Renacchi slander. Y'all need to check your bias! #StreamKissCampaign

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2018
  19. trxsh

trxsh Member

Obviously. I see her everytime I watch senbatsu, I even watched the center performances you guys posted in the general thread. She usually just comes across limp and uncharismatic to me. Why are you so obsessed with shoving your opinion on others?

A concert is for fans too though lol.

Being given captaincy in a group can signify other stuff too, like how she's a good leader, but all this stuff trying to compare the degree of push is silly since it's much more subjective. At least stuff like handshake and ssk results are a bit closer to an objective measure. Most people take into account the results a member gets, which I can gather from most of the comments here too. Eg, a younger gen member who breaks into the top 10 now gets to center- a lot of people find that "fair" and not such a crazy concept. So it's pretty silly when people come back complaining how Kato Rena only got ONE subunit (which isn't even true, she was in NyaaKB too, so only two subunits. poor girl!)- the contexts arent the same.

Everyone seems determined to keep harping on about the "degree of push" argument though, so don't let me stop you~

20. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

But there are degrees.

A concert is for fans too? Sure.
    But it got on the news?
    The kennin as well?
    The center?

Like it or not, Naachan's push since she ranked senbatsu in the election has been bigger than what Renacchi ever got.
    And Naachan deserved (yes, that word!) every bit of it.

And I'm saying this hoping that the next single is a Renacchi center.
    The girl has the looks to be the next model of the group if she was to be marketed properly, but she just isn't.
    The Renacchi SSK is a cute idea, but really, I'd rather see Sasshi's SSK.

Renacchi could do with something like Akarin is getting in NMB.
    A unit of the beauties in the group (Annin, Seichan, Megutan, Hijirin, you name it) could do a lot more for her, IMO.