Single AKB48 52nd [Teacher Teacher] (2018/05/30)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Kuura, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Samara Morgane

Samara Morgane Member

Oshimen:
    umemotoizumi
    I think the song is alright!It's like,if the song where playing somewhere I wouldn't mind listening to it(I could even enjoy it) since I like EDM songs but it's not a song that I would save on my computer to listen to ocasionally!To me,Bokutachi Wa Tatakawanai is the last good A-side they released that I really enjoyed(or at least from the ones I've heard)!Jabaja was alright I guess but I don't think I would ever buy it!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. CrssA

CrssA Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Better he find good composer first rather than new songwriter . Most audience allready tired af for their experimental things in past years .

yeah , even ngt or nmb singles are better these days . For this past 2 years almost i dont think you can said ‘majority’ like specific single , every single just 50:50 .

Throw some s48 hated members to center jyabaja ( renacchi maybe ? Lol no offense , i dont know her too much and never hate her , but afaik lot of ppl bashing her in here ) i’m 100% sure that you’ll see hated coments on the thread from beginning till the last page . lucky its centered by s48 most favored member rofl

Its been a very very long time since akb a-sides being appealed for tons of audience , they need to stop hoping for certain members carrying the songs tho like how graduated kami7 for KwM , ssk vote tickets for TwI + NnM + Teacher Teacher , paruru for high tension , mayuyu for 11gatsu and nana for jyabaja .

Or if he too lazy to make a good songs , just throw the girls in the beach and make another sayonara no crawl / manatsu no sounds good / labrador retriever then people will love it lol.

Comparing the latest single release i’ll give nmb > ngt > akb .

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

I don't know about the rest of you but I could not bring myself to finish NMB's new song. I was close to not being able to finish NGT's new song as well. Only SKE and AKB has decent-at-first-listen songs nowadays tbh.

• Disagree x 11
    • Agree x 5
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Old x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
  4. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    I do not think AKB does not have good composers. They just do not pick the best songs. We have a rumour that Silent Majority was not selected for A7 stage, then it was given to Keya46.

5. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    Komi is often misunderstood because she's Exceptionally Cute - Thus, people feel threatened & start looking for 'Flaws'. In her early days w/ AKB she was VERY hyper & wanted to give 1,000% & to some it came off as 'Try-Hard'. Her smile earned her the nickname "Joker-chan" & "Smile Monster" because of how big & powerful it was...notice she doesn't her teeth as much as she used to (while smiling)- She is Highly Self Conscious about her appearance - but she tries to hide it.

Komi is the definition of "Stiff upper lip" - even if she's hurt, crying, or feels empty - She keeps going. She's had many failures that only people in the Komi thread know about. She's knows she's flawed & admits she can always do better.

What you should know is that BOTH Okada Nana & Takamina have high praise for her. Okada has unflinching respect for Komi saying "I see you!, You think No One notices you giving every ounce of energy- But I see & you give me strength" (This was on "AKBingo" before she got blasted w/ Whipped Creme). Takamina could pick anyone to 'prop up' or ignore- She hand picked KomiHaru as the Future of AKB. Paruru had a weird "beef" w/ Komi & we never got to the bottom of it except Paruru saying "She's not my type of Idol"- Yet, Paruru said nice things about her when Komi was KKS - so who knows.

Komi is like Haruppi - You either 'get her' or you don't. Some of us remember "Haruppi's Struggle" - Komi's had her own 'Battles'. The funniest thing I saw Komi reveal was in "Truth Chess". Mako said when Komi's upset or frustrated about "stuff" she complains to her Dolls. Just the thought of her spewing pent-up anger at Dolls showed me how Passionate she is & how badly she does not want to upset or piss off people. She's in touch w/ her emotions & constantly searches internally for ways to relieve pressure & help others.

If you've seen Komi wrestle - you'd see how much energy she puts into her "job". She'll make quite the little actress someday and lets face it - She's REALLY Easy to look at.

• Like Like x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. CrssA

CrssA Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Pick songs ? Aki-p give the song to the groups by his own choice tho , how can we assuming akb just picking not a good song ? Idk if misunderstood your post . But if picking which mean they can choose by themselves which song they want , in terms of release date and trend at that time , i’m not seeing any logical reasons for them to choose NNM rather than influencer or fukyuwaon even tho im not biggest fan of all those 3 songs

That silent majority A7th rumour afaik only baseless rumor without decent sources , even if it come true as its only a theater song , on its best it will only ended like tsuki to mizukagami. Top 10 in 2 years in a row RH , but i dont think general audience acknowledge it . and in the end honda tsubasa will never acknowledge silent majority rofl IYKWIM

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  7. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

^I think the person meant that Aki-p picks the songs and not the actual members

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I can't remember the exact origin of that rumour but it really is based on nothing.
    It was something like people talking on 2ch about how AKB would have ruined Silent Majority if it was one of their songs and then people took that and started saying AKB had a chance to have Silent Majority and turned it down.

• Like Like x 2
  9. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    I meant AKB staffs including Aki-P.

• Like Like x 2
  10. CrssA

CrssA Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    12 singles in a row since BwT allready 50:50 or even 40:60 betweens who love it and hate it , surely mgmt need do something if they still care for akb48 music quality and not just sales number.

11. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Where are we even getting that people do not like the songs perse?

Wasn't it simply established that AKB is simply not as popular as before? Sukinanda and Love Trip can easily be songs during the golden era. NegaMochi is better than Sakura Shiori as a choral song. And some songs during the golden era were not exactly that popular with the general public.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 5
  12. SaikouTan

SaikouTan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kobayashi Yui, Miyawaki Sakura
    To counter that, Synchronicity has beautiful lyrics. Maybe it's not so much about his capability, but his judgement. And at that, maybe he should relinquish control of AKB and the sister groups? Because honestly some of the decisions in the past couple of years have been quite strange/confusing/bad. But whatever he's doing with Sakamichi seems to be working out really well. Could be that he's stretched too thin and only focuses on a few groups (the popular ones) at a time.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Except then you have the B-sides, and the lyrics are often amazing on those, as usual.

Don't get me wrong here: the only reason I love translating the 48/46 group's lyrics is because Aki-P is a GOD LYRICIST.
    He is so. flipping. good.
    That isn't to say other Jpop artists don't have good lyrics (Akino Arai comes to mind as an absolute poet) but Aki-P is hands down the best lyricist working on idol stuff, period. He can't find someone better than him because there isn't anyone.

The reason the A-side lyrics are kind of insipid comparatively is to pander to the general public and nothing more. People don't always want to hear a complicated song while they're walking through the mall or whatever, so A-sides are relegated to "mass appeal" lyrics like the ones we see in Jabaja (which aren't awkward at all aside from maybe the title itself). Teacher Teacher's lyrics aren't lazy either, just more simple than what he usually writes. I mean jeez the guy can't knock it out of the park for every song he writes... but don't be so quick to throw him under the bus, he did produce great lyrics for other A-sides before. Kimi wa Melody is one of my favorites and that was pretty recent was like 3 years ago but still! I haven't particularly thought that the overall quality of AKB lyrics has been slipping, cause I look at all of the songs AKB produces.

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Like Like x 11
  14. Doflamingo

Doflamingo Member

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    it just a rumor
    even without Silent Majority, A7 stage still in God tier ...one of the best stage ever perform

15. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I always see 48G as the place where Aki-P can experiment his artisté. That's why, you can get a variety of lyrics (be it theme or well, quality wise). I honestly prefer P songs in 48G, while ~edgy~ and meaningful songs are my thing, but every once in a while, I need nonsensical lyrics and mindless bops too.

Even though there are a lot of repetitions in the chorus, at least there's something going on in the lyrics and not just another let's have fun! kind of lyrics. For me those let's have fun!/moshpit songs is the type of song close to lazy writing (Warota People is an exception because it's a shade to trolls in internet lol).

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Lol

there are literally pages of us arguing about this when we first saw the dance/outfits

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    Here is a recap of what (kinda) happened in this thread for those who are too lazy to read everything

- X should have been the center
    - The center is perfect !
    - Ah...If only X, Y & Z had been there they fit the concept perfectly...
    - Is the song really about seducing your teacher ???
    - If it’s good then who cares about the lyrics ?
    - What about the image of AKB48 internationally ?
    - The most scandalous the better, yes I live for drama #HeavyRotationIsShakingInHerBoots
    - Wow girlies looking good
    - I’m gonna murder the cameramen.
    - THE LEEEEEGS
    - Althought I don’t listen to kpop this sounds like kpop which is bad because I hate kpop :(
    - The song is bad I miss the golden era...
    - SYNCHRONICITY IS BETTER
    - Not it’s not and we don’t care
    - Does anyone know anything about the team songs ?
    - This sound like a vocaloid song wtf are u all saying
    - Hey how about we all share stories about how our teachers managed to date their students suring high school :D ?

• Funny x 23
    • Like x 7
    • Winner x 5
    • Informative x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  18. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

Thank you for the summary!

So pretty much as usual

• Like Like x 2
  19. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    don't forget sounding like h!p was mentioned a couple of times here and there

• Like Like x 2
  20. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Saw a live performance for "Teacher Teacher." It's not a bad song. The outfits are super cute. The center was forgettable, unfortunately, but I guess I could blame that on the camera work. :^^;:

• Like Like x 4