Single AKB48 54th [NO WAY MAN] (2018/11/28)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Kuura, Sep 24, 2018.

1. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    yeah ppl aren't salty abt pd48 finalists, they're salty about the princess

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

The thing is that they could have done both (keep Tomu or Kojimako AND the P48 girls).

Sure, it's nice to have a senbatsu of just 23 people, but when we've had a few singles in a row from 27 to 35 girls... it feels a bit more like We don't like you and less We don't need you.

Just adding Tomu to the lineup would not have changed shit to the single itself and it would have probably made her happier.

• Like Like x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. nachtangel

nachtangel Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Disappointed by lack of team k rep (tho also no point if they just gonna be on the back row) but also so f'ing happy that Myao is back in senbatsu! I hope she'll get to stay for at least the single after but I know thats dreaming high ;-;

Will be interesting to see the line up for the 56th, and if hkt still gets their 4-5 spots or if the lack of Sakura/Nako means the spread of sister group members will be more balanced.

4. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Still better than Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai and some of the other double senbatsus where only the top 16 appear in the MV or do most of the promotional work.

... And now I'm reminded that we never got the Manatsu no Sounds Good full drama PV. At least that one featured both parts of the senbatsu, even if the new gen picks were all wrong

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

It's why I'm hoping one day, Nagi can make a REAL senbatsu.

6. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

ÑñññÑññññññÑñ Germans doing sarcasm is new!

I do agree that if you are not at the very front line it doesn’t matter for the GP if they are 16, 21 or 36.
    But it does do something to the girls themselves.

Tomu didn’t participate last year in the election cause she didn’t feel it would mean much after being snubbed in High Tension (someone correct me if this isn’t right).
    And now that she ranked in Kami 7?

YOU should know how much it sucks, and for Sae management even had the excuse of her being in SNH.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Oh oh oh oh I wonder if we will get a B-side with all the P48 girls... that would be amazing :cute:

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  8. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    There was a bit more to it than that. In 2016 they had the temerity to announce the High Tension senbatsu at the very Thanksgiving concert where she was celebrating her rank with the fans who gave it to her. It also came as a complete surprise so she was emotionally unprepared for it, and it devastated her. Here filming had already taken place and it seems she was aware of her exclusion, plus the announcement didn't completely destroy the mood of a celebration and she still had handshake slots afterward for her fans to encourage her.

But being in the front line isn't the only thing senbatsu inclusion gets these girls, it probably comes with a pay raise at minimum, plus girls in senbatsu tend to get more outside work. Or at least Tomu did in the past.

Personally I do think that she overreacted to the High Tension announcement, and that backing out last year was a mistake, but she was going through a lot not just with this but with grad school and a flood of friends graduating and who knows what else. And announcing it that way was still cruel.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Old Old x 1
  9. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I'm guessing she must have pissed off some high rank staff. Isn't her family rich? Maybe her family business hurt some staff' family member business?

#conspiracy #tomugate

• Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Thanks @wlerin

I still don’t understand management’s aversion towards certain girls when they become popular.

Why allow them in the group in the first place if you are not going to get behind them?

• Agree Agree x 7
  11. ermenker

ermenker Kenkyuusei

Theater fillers

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Maybe, but maybe not all. From Mako's thread:

"Btw, it looks like today they have some shooting for non-senbatsu PD48 member (maybe only for ranked 58 and up).
    Can confirmed Mako and Naamin were in same dressing room, and other members SNS pattern seems to match up."

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

They're making serious progress with sarcasm but despite billions in research and development they still only have one joke

if the video does not show watch the video here

It does become quite glaring when it's a kami 7 member involved.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    On one part you have the invincible Sakura who will probably be spared from punishment even if found dating (and badmouthing members). On other part you have Tomu who is excluded even if she clinched kami7. Or you also have Dasu who eventhou managed to prove management wrong so many times and even clinched #2 can get so little focus.

• Dislike Dislike x 7
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  15. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

That’s the point of ALL OF THEM.

But when one of them is pushed up to Kami 7 it’s just rude to ignore her.

But ohwell, I am expecting her to announce her graduation at any moment, so meh

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  16. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    I'm not. She seems relatively positive this time around.

She got quite a lot of screentime on the MV. Or she will, when they finally do the cut with Jurina. Dasu's problem is that half her screentime was supposed to be shared with Jurina, and that instead got turned into drawings.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    He probably meant in general, like how Dasu’s position in this single is worse than in TT and how she got sidelined for Sakura in Sentimental Train’s MV despite being 2nd

• Winner Winner x 3
  18. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

I still feel that Minarun got snubbed.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

Wait...wait..wait...

This is exactly what my mom told me about my first complete sentence.

20. Mirlenia

Mirlenia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    This is the weird senbatsu that I've seen in years! Good luck to those girls that depart to Korea!