Single AKB48 59th [Moto Kare Desu] (2022/05/18)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by lionel90, Feb 21, 2022.

1. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    The latter was certainly a lot more common before mid-2018.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. welp

welp Next Girls

Secondary? It's primary. The form of the outfit reminded me strongly of K-pop, short jacket, cropped top, long pants. And, seeing more of the costume, I also noticed some silver chain accessories.

Seeing the result of the so-called "locking dance" of AKB, no wonder that no K-pop girl group has attempted. The mocked gorilla move. Already-exhausted-with-lip-sync members.

K-pop dance is basically jazz + popping/hip-hop, sprinkled with moves lent from various genres. It's just K-pop choreographers have found no locking specific move that is useful for girl group. Technical wise, locking is close to popping/hip-hop. Girls have poorer stamina to boys. So much jumping in the song will make live singing impossible. Also, the level of jumping in "Dun Dun Dance" already made a member sprained her ankle. K-pop idols practice more intensively. Fans believe some of itzy's choreo are intentionally milder as members' bodies are in good conditions no more. I read that Lia and Chaeryung's knees had aged badly.

Yes, not that bad but worse.

I felt like "Buenos Aires" could have sounded kinda similar to K-pop if more effort was paid onto music production. Also, Route 246 existed. Lol.

"KPop groups are superior and more skillful.", you have said the word of truth.
    You have forgot that they are 101 other unskillful random girl groups out there in Japan that the J-pop idol fans can just watch them if they want to see that.

So, who boosted Nako and Hitomi's ticket sales?

I suggest you better go away from J-pop altogether too so you don't have to see anyone talking about who top Oricon chart or who sells out her handshake ticket earliest.

Aside from the political tension between Korea and Japan, K-pop has had a sense of union, a community, the growth of K-pop industry overall benefits everyone involved. So, it is alright to promote fellow K-pop idols.

• Dislike Dislike x 14
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    If the point of being an idol is to be a robot trained for 5 years who can dance with synchronized precision after practicing for months for a single with music bought from some Euro composer to release a single appealing to the general international market, sure, I'll concede K-idols are superior.

I like my idols the way Shiroma Miru described them in Prod48 though: The most important thing is to interact with fans and give them energy.

And J-Pop idols in general have better stage presence, less conscious on making a perfect replica of the practiced choreo but really just enjoying the performance and radiating it to the fans.

Lol, and that was out of topic, lol. But I guess it does show my point. KPop fans acting all superior as if the K-idols are the standard on how idols everywhere should be.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

This talk of Jpop vs Kpop is so stale now… it’s 2022 and people still argue not realising both markets offer different stuff and cater to different fans?

The industries are completely different. Some might enjoy Kpop idols being synchronised. I like my idols to get paid and to not be exploited to the point of exhaustion.

• Like Like x 17
  5. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

Yes, since you always trying to find the KPop influence even in tiny detail like you considered No Way Man as KPop influence. For majority, even the one that follow KPop they are not care about that. They are more preoccupied with that shiny, long pants outfits that remind them either to NMB48 Kamogenix, SDN48 or Morning Musume.

The outfit have more of quirky vibe, the vibe of Morning Musume style during their "love machine" and "renai revolution" era. The vibe that really suit well as another outfit for Nemohamo Rumor. The one that you considered as "no K-pop girl group has attempted".

That basically the point, Nemohamo Rumor is diverged from genre in KPop alot since using your own term, "the mocked gorilla move already-exhausted-with-lip-sync members." Therefore, using your own term "no K-pop girl group has attempted".

Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    We know that the highest human beings are living in
    ISS

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    God knows why I respond to you because I know you have a reputation of being a kpop elitist and I still question your presence on this site because of that (allkpop forums are a thing btw), but i'll bite. :rolleyes:

The boost in sales came from Nako and Hitomi fans that they gained from produce48 and decided to support them AFTER izone disbanded, unlike a lot of them who literally stopped supporting once izone disbanded. I literally saw my own twitter and instagram mutuals stop following them, and now, almost a year later it's only the few that stuck around and the 48g fandom who still talks about them.
    And no one said it wasn't alright to promote kpop lol. But it sucks when your own group mates don't publicly support you when you've done so for other members, that's all.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Now!?!?! "Kinda"? Declined started a bit more than 2 years ago.

And again with Hitomi, her KPop stint and how people are acting as if she's the only one making the group remain relevant is making me less interested in her.

All this fuss about it is making me hope the new single won't be as relevant as Nemoha.

Yes I know its wrong, but I just can't deal with the thought of some fans saying the KPop experienced member saved the group. Ugh.

• Dislike Dislike x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Izzi46

Izzi46 Kenkyuusei

Be prepared for the inevitable "sHe PaVeD tHe wAy" ad nauseam :D

Edit: Lol @ the dislikes. You act like you don't know the MO of most kpop fandoms. :yikes:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2022
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Of course they’re going to use Hiichan’s new popularity to try and propel the rest of the group. It’s literally what AKB has done with its girls the moment they gain some momentum in either HS (Yuiri) or SSK (Tomu).

I guess they want to gauge how much that popularity translates into sales with Hiichan, so let them try.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

tltr, so here the sum: "I'm here to promote Kpop. I love Kpop forever!"

I give you a thumb down for it.

He has accounts on allkpop and onehallyu, and of course never say nice things about AKB48.

• Like Like x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. best48fan

best48fan Kenkyuusei

What a terrible take, lol

MOD NOTE: DO NOT DOUBLE POST.

Umm, is somebody going to tell him or should I?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Please!

14. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    @welp
    I'm not sure whether your arguments help to substantiate that 'kpop is superior'. 'coz u nearly insinuated that kpop 'would break ur health in the long run'...

anyway, short jacket, cropped top, long pants, or silver costumes are not representative of kpop LOL. Look at 90s or even 00s jpop idol groups..

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Hiichan was in the morning news and talked about being center of the new single:
    https://twitter.com/k3po8gouki/status/1498833443350024195

Let's hope that her TV appearances can be a good promo for AKB and the single!!
    (this time they wrote AKB under her name, it doesn't always happen, that's good)

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  16. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

She's so happy! It's really a dream come true for her :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lookman

Lookman Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    lckmnzans
    Duh, that is because she is the center. Imagine if they wrote her name as ex-IZ*ONE, that's surely an insult for AKB48.

Anyway I really like the fact that she is chosen as the center, she will surely gain pretty much attention to promote this single.

• Like Like x 1
  18. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Wouldn't prevent it from happening, depending on which TV show she is on.

19. rozy sebelas

rozy sebelas Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    To be fair TikTok is not that big in KR compared to Japan . and idol TikTok is there just for upload their challenge to their own song .
    Sometimes with other idol.
    In my opinion Korean idol TikTok account is just a PR account unlike JP idol where it's more like a personal account that they can upload what they want .

But how much did they actually make tho ??
    Coz I'm actually curious.
    I only see a list from years ago for girls idol.
    Even that are lower than I expected only handfull make more than a million dollar in that list.
    Is it coz they rarely involved in the music production (composing, lyrics,etc).
    Or brand deal and cf is not that expensive in there.
    Or the label just take very very very big cut from their earning??
    Coz im genuinely curious about this .

I Enjoyed both . Ofc there's a plus and minus on each sides .

20. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I was thinking more of the fact that they usually write nothing lol. Since her return, most of the time they either wrote nothing under her name or they wrote ex-IZ*ONE (and actually, oricon wrote her name like this in their article about her being center so yes...), it was rarely AKB. So the fact that they wrote AKB here (and only AKB) is a good thing, that's all.