Single AKB48 6th [Yuuhi wo Miteiru ka?] 07/10/31

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Shin, Aug 31, 2007.

1. genericpaperdoll

genericpaperdoll Kenkyuusei

The PV is nice (Did Miichan actually get a solo <3). But I almost forgot that some of the girls where in this (like Sae....)

2. makistar

makistar Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

3. kaito

kaito Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I think I like the song a bit more now, it's a lot better than the last single I think. The PV is very pretty, and did anyone get dejavu at the end? As soon as I saw them hugging about, I thought of Aruiteru by MM.

4. Haunter

Haunter Kenkyuusei

Ya, the PV has been out, on Jpopsuki

5. CDevil

CDevil Member

I don't know if it's because of the PV or because of the air pollution in London, but the excitement of watching this PV makes my chest feel very weird. The black snot and cough suggests that it's because of the pollution...but it's still a beautiful PV. Wow <3 <3 <3 It's not as deep or exciting as the other PV's (excluding Boku no taiyou), but the 29 seconds of pure Tomo-megane-mi time made up for that. Yuko's and Atsuko's close-ups were incredible too. Whoever says they don't like it gets a dropkick back to whatever country they came from...if they're already in that country, then they shall be dropkicked to Afghanistan.

PS: The song sounds weird without the clapping.

6. haruna_hamasaki

haruna_hamasaki Senbatsu Staff Member Studio48 Admin

yeah!
    i'm still downloading it. cant really wait for it!

7. wakaba_doll

wakaba_doll Kenkyuusei

I just watched the JP Youtube version and I love it! <3 I already liked the song, but the PV has solidified it for me.The dance shot is pretty nice and of course the 'school scenes'~ Like someone already mentioned, the concept is different!

Takamina totally slaughtered me, too! <3 Not that she wasn't pretty before, but she's really becoming quite beautiful. It's a shame this PV won't be on the DVD ;_;

8. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I really like the PV for this song!

The premise was very clever - ten girls portraying regular school girls doing after-school stuff (club activities or just plain hanging out) before heading of to work (being idols). Pretty much they played pseudo-versions of themselves!

I also liked how the "school girl" half and the "idol" half were disjointed at the start of the PV and gradually tied together (starting with the girls studying the lyrics to the song) until the very end (where they all meet at the studio). It got me wondering "Okay, what's really going here?" and forced me to watch it to the very end - and I'm glad I did!

And the little nuances of each half were cute! For the "school girl" half, there was the down time in between sprints where the girls goofed around (with Ms. Haruna skipping track practice and Manager Minami dragging her over to the other girls), the two Tomomi's chilling at the train station, and both Ms. Erena and Ms. Mayu riding their bikes through the field. And for the "idol" half, the girls were prepping for the start of their shoot, chilling out in between takes with snacks, and just plain being goofy at work.

The dance routine was cute, the girls' looked good in their close-ups, and focusing only ten girls as opposed to spamming the viewer with all of them for this PV worked really well. Overall, I really like the PV. The production team totally wins on this one!

9. Datalanche

Datalanche Kenkyuusei

It's a cute little PV. I enjoyed it and the song. Hopefully we will get a more upbeat one (or I could go for another "serious" one, too) next single, but I like this, too. Yay!

10. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

The PV was cute, but a bit boring. I love the song, though. <3

11. yumestarlet

yumestarlet Kenkyuusei

Well, the PV was cute. I liked it a lot better than Boku no Taiyou's. The song has really grown on me over the past few weeks actually (and, according to my Last.fm charts, it's my 7th-most-listened-to-song-ever! XD). I like the premise behind the PV, and my favorite moment out of the entire thing was ~3:51, where Kasai does the move for "Yuuhi ga" in her regular clothes/glasses there, then it switches to her doing the same thing in the PV costume. When they switched back to Itano, it almost looked like they were about to do the same thing with her, but I was pretty disappointed when it didn't end up that way. XD Oh well. At least that one moment really got stuck in my head.

12. Gloworm

Gloworm Kenkyuusei

I have to go there next month, but I still like the video =P Yay for Yuko closeups <3 <3 <3

13. Alaksandus

Alaksandus Kenkyuusei

I just finished watching this video, twice through. I couldn't stop smiling after the first watch so I had to watch it again. I really love this video and song. It brings about a nostalgic sense of happiness. I felt it was simply beautiful.

The way the PV was shot was really brilliant, gideon pretty much sums it up. The perspective it's presented in is just great.

It also helps that the entire video had so many nice moments of my fave members ha. If you removed Mayu and replaced it with Mai (no offence to Mayu fans), you got my fave 10 there. My only regret is they won't be including this PV with the Limited Ed T_T.

14. Kazearashi

Kazearashi Kenkyuusei

^absolutely agree with you alaksandus...

yes and I agree with gideon123 on the PV shots... It's really and awesome PV, I love how they also include the backstage of the girls ^^

I really love the PV!! <3 <3 <3

I can't stop smiling too while i was watching the PV, the girls is really cute and beautiful... I love the song. and the video makes me love it more... <3

The only downside is WHERE ARE THE PV AND MAKING DVD!!!! :(

Why they include boku no taiyou in this yuuhi bonus dvd instead of the yuuhi pv and the making itself.... :( :(

sad.. :(

15. Youkokurama

Youkokurama Kenkyuusei

i can't believe how different the PV song sounds from the one at the theater. this is one of my hatest songs in himawari, but now it seems i'm starting to like it. whoever thought of how to remix this song so well, i bow to him/her.

aaaaaaah.. haruna...........

and the kasai megane scene made me shout all of a sudden. hehe. it was so uncalled for. :D:D

16. Eques

Eques Kenkyuusei

[​IMG]

I've only listened to a fan recording of this song once or twice, and that was quite some time ago. After watching the PV a couple of times, I must say I think this is one of, if not the, most boring AKB48 songs. It's up there with Hizukehenkousen in terms of forgetability. You know, Hizukehenkousen is that song you wouldn't even remember if it wasn't for how much their pronunciation of "WIPER wa" sounds like "White Power."

*ahem* So yeah, I really don't like this song, and that's coming from someone who will defend Boku no Taiyo to the death. I dare you to turn up the volume to "insane" and tell me that the drumroll at 4:25 isn't awesome. Anyway, this marks the first time I don't like an AKB48 single song at all. Actually, I wasn't a huge fan of Keibetsu Shiteita Aijou, but that at least had that catchy "du-dudu-du du-dudu-du du-dudu-du" thing going for it. Yuuhi wo Miteiruka? is very dependent on vocals, but a good number of members who would lead in my fantasy unit Really Nasal Singers from AKB48 are among these 10.

It's not really that I actively dislike the song either, but it just doesn't do anything for me. That said, I really didn't like some of my all-time favorite songs (not limited to AKB48) at first, but they turned out to have a far longer lasting appeal than some songs I instantly liked, so perhaps this song will grow on me as well.

As for the PV: it's definitely a step back up in terms of concept, direction and editing when compared to Boku no Taiyo, but in terms of rewatchability I don't think it will hold up to BINGO! for one simple reason: less girls. On top of that, like genericpaperdoll indicated, they still managed to focus on some girls a lot more than others.

Still, it's not bad, although the part where it looks like Minegishi has a solo, but you mostly hear Kojima's voice is totally WTF and I could've done without the emphasized shots of the Three Sacred Things about Acchan That Annoy Me. Those being:
    • 1. 0:27, 0:58-1:24 - "Look at me; I'm popular and I don't even have to put any effort at all into it. Watch as I complete this dance with the least possible amount of effort and still get all the cheers before and after the songs" smile. I think I suffered this trauma during A2, because it was especially rampant back then, to the point where you could tell some of the other girls were like "What about us?" whenever they came on. I call it "Nagisa no CHERRY" syndrome.
      2. 2:10 - "TEEEEEiruka." No need to enunciate like you're throwing up.
      3. 4:25 - Acchan eyebrow raise™.
    Now, is there anyone left I haven't yet pissed off?

17. Alaksandus

Alaksandus Kenkyuusei

That aren't that many forum posts today. So that might account for the increased chance of zombie outbreak? I've always found Aachan a little too cocky to really like her so you haven't really pissed me off ha. But I really like the repeating melody and beat in the background of this song. Right now it's still too soon to tell how much I will love it over time though.

If not for you, I would not have noticed the Boku no Taiyou drumroll haha.

18. Eques

Eques Kenkyuusei

Well, it's only my excitement over the prospect of a zombie outbreak, not the actual likelihood of a zombie outbreak. As we all know, the actual likelihood of a zombie outbreak is much higher than 3%, especially with A4 and K3's DVDs nearing, because brains WILL melt.

19. mark

mark Kenkyuusei

A high quality version of the clip is now available at stage6.divx.com

20. kingtheking81

kingtheking81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishizukaakari
    not the most memorable PV , but the song itself is ok , even with the repeating chorus.
    Good thing that they focused on a new lead instead of the forever atsuko and minami duo.
    bad thing they didnt involve more members. Throwin a few more B members for instance. Getting a bit tired of Mayu .
    I demand other girls than the popular 10 in the next single