Event / Concert AKB48 Group Asia Festival 2019 in Bangkok Presented by SHANDA GAMES (2019/01/27)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 11, 2018.

1. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Can someone tell me why JKT & BNK’s names are the only ones not written in all block letters? I know it’s insignificant but it irks me somehow

2. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Did you not look at MNL48?

3. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    whoops, somehow i thought theirs was also in all block letters

4. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    I think it is most probably because of the way they usually input the names on certain form.
    Those who use roman alphabet on daily basis, usually write a name with only first character of each word in capital.
    While the ones using Kanji/Chinese characters will put romanized name in all block letters. A good example of it is on chara-ani website. If you want to put your name in katakana it will do just fine, but if you want to put in romaji it have to be in all block letters.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    Beside the usual "each group perform by themselves" parts, since all the international groups are basically cover groups, I hope they will have some mash/mix-up language songs like these:

if the video does not show watch the video here

Due to the difficulty in practicing together though, I expect maybe only Koichun or 365 Nichi that will be done like this.

Also, any info about the streaming service?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  7. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

The tickets are really not selling well

8. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    h
    how do u know?

9. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    i wish i hadn’t bought tickets for another concert that’ll happen a day before this tbh or else would’ve booked those flights and bought the tickets to this already smh

i wanna see weijia & zhu lin

• Like Like x 2
  10. yaohne

yaohne Member

Oshimen:
    chikanorina
    I have the same question

11. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I don't know if this is where @plomeplome is looking but this is the webpage for buying tickets:

https://www.eventpop.me/events/4723...-in-bangkok-presented-by-shanda-games/seating

If you select a zone and then a quantity you can see which seats are available. It looks to me that the zones in front of the stage have sold generally well but those at the sides often have many empty seats.

(I was seriously thinking of going to this but if I do go to Japan again in April/May then it would be difficult for me to make both trips)

12. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    I'd be shocked if they don't perform KFC together. Lol. I got so used to it. [hehe]

• Like Like x 2
  13. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Like Like x 2
  14. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Informative Informative x 2
  15. plomeplome

You can browse through eventpop since its designated seats and its mostly empty.

16. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Google says the venue has a capacity for 11k.
    I’d say they aimed too high for a first concert abroad, even though it has a bunch of the popular girls.

I guess they’ll add more to attract other fans or they’ll lower the prices as the date approaches.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. plomeplome

Even BNK48 hasnt sell out there own concert and SSK (the expensive zones), how they hell are they supposed to sell this thing since Jpop is a small niche in Thailand. Overseas sister groups brings nothing to the table since they have no local fans and only a few fans would be willing to fly to Bangkok anyways so they are just extra cost lol. I would suggest them bringing Japan sister groups too (maybe 6 top members each?) since that probably would the best booster.

On the bright side, the Chinese sponsor are probably the one who propose and finance this project so the groups probably got their performance fees.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
  18. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Informative Informative x 3
  19. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I just checked the eventpop site and it isn't looking that bad, I'd say.

The stage looks like:

stage.jpg

And most of the sections surrounding the stage (up to the pink and green ones) are selling just fine.
    The ones at the back (orange and red) are the ones in trouble, and I think they'd fare better if they just closed those and upgraded people to the front seats as it happens in some theatres (ordinary theatres, not the AKB ones dd).

Apart from aiming a bit too high with the venue, another problem is that most of the lineup is comprised of literally nobodies.
    JKT has been around for a while and BNK might have a couple of viral videos in Thailand, but the rest?
    Team SH and Team TP have barely just debuted, SGO's first generation was announced a month ago and MNL is basically the Ryanair of the family.

Had they waited a year or so for all these groups to gather a healthy fanbase, this would have sold better.

Yeah, maybe bringing the top 2 from each SG would help a bit.
    Something like:

SKE: Jurina, Dasu (or Minarun, if Jurina is not well)
    NMB: Miru, Akarin
    HKT: Sasshi, Miku
    NGT: Ogiyuka, Hinatan
    STU: Yumirin, Chiho

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. plomeplome

Actually it is that bad, you are looking at around 30% sellout rate. And I dont see it improving much. The concert would be better off cancelled since the promoter wouldnt incurr more loss than they already had taken. The good thing is its not AKS or BNKoffice who is incurring this loss.

BNK arent nobodies tho, they have massive fanbase in Thailand since no general public will pay to watch BNK anyways. And they are selling quite well. The thing BNKoffice get it wrong is that the fans arent willing to pay that much for the concert (judging from the expensive zone not selling out) compared to fans of foreign artists.

This concert overall is just really bad timing with BNK fans being the majority of the audience. They have 2 events the day before (approx 80% sold out) + empty wallet from the SSK. It would not be bad if this is a stand alone concert later on in the year. Or even bundle it with the SSK thanksgiving concert coming in March (probably at a smaller venue like Bitec106 or Thunder Dome) and not the SSK concerts.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2