Event / Concert AKB48 Group Unit Janken Taikai 2017 (17/09/24)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 23, 2017.

1. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

Very random. I only stan for Sayanee. Never cared for the other two, Yet, somehow, this trio makes sense/a very interesting combo.

2. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I agree, maybe Team 8 needs their own single. But with Kokeshi Sisters signed up, I need that unit more than I need Team 8 single. [hehe]

3. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Yes, I only look forward to Kokeshi Sisters.. Management, please rig it and make them win, lol

4. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Jurina will make Mariko come back just for this.

Two janken queens HAVE to win, right? lol

5. nakotteiijan

nakotteiijan Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    HKT48's Kojina Yui announced on her SHOWROOM that she's going to run solo. (source)

6. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I feel so blessed by the Kokeshi sisters lol I was thinking Sayanee would play solo but since she already has solo releases of her own it makes sense that she'd want something different for Janken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. anakdekan

anakdekan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Angelina Christy
    Twitter:
    anakdekan
    Is there any deadline, like SSK where members/units should sumit their application?

8. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    So, Team KII member Takeuchi Saki announced during today's Team KII stage that she'll be a part of a 6 member unit and it honestly makes me wonder who else is going to be with her and what the unit name's gonna be

9. Daisyofc

Daisyofc Kenkyuusei

10. Bonner

Bonner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Only one or two slots are assigned to each units with 5+ members and solo. From this point, obviously the management want a unit with 2-4 members to win.

11. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

OMMGGGG SOLO DEBUT FOR JIINA :cute: Please let luck be on Jiina side :^^;: This year is a really terrible one for her so far. Being dropped from 2 A-sides in a row and going from 53 to unranked :asdfgh:

12. Mako is my Waifu

Mako is my Waifu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    I hope the second one will be Naachan. She needs single.

13. hermionepj1

hermionepj1 Member

Oshimen:
    Yamashita Emiri
    i agree! i really like the way she's been handling it.

i would like:
    -yamabe ayu solo
    -kurashima ami + honono onee-san
    -kurashima ami + imamura maria
    -shiroma miru + kubo satone (lewd unit)
    -kubo satone + hitomi kotone + umeyama cocona (cute unit)
    -aikawa honoka + asai yuka +kataoka narumi (weird unit)
    -goto moe + kojima karin + kumazawa serina (dance unit)
    -kurihara sae + yamashita emiri + ino miyabi (sexy unit)
    -murayama yuiri + ueno haruka + shimono yuki (teather no megami unit)
    so many options lol
    a team 8 only unit would be a waste imo

14. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    If I made that joke...

So it's easier to RIG than ever?? - My guess they already know what Groups they want. AKB is becoming more like WWE (scripted) every day. We all love to watch the Janken but does it really matter who wins??

I'd rather AKS just let the girls become "Units" & sell them as 'smaller packs' & release a bunch at a time- collect the GOOD Teams & let them thrive. On the other hand what I don't like is "certain members" can ride the coat-tails of more popular girls (just cause they're friends?) and get limelight & extra attention by association when they'd be forgotten & brushed off like usual.

Seriously- If you're NOT Popular w/ enough fans now- you'll get more bites at the apple?? ALSO, what if you're a rising star & you get stuck w/ Duds that really aren't fan favs do you become "ignored" by Association?

I'm curious & think it's interesting but it seems way to contrived & manipulated. Maybe if the Units were chosen at Random (like lottery?) & they had to compete musically for Outside Judges - that would be interesting.

Guess we'll wait & see.

15. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Coin Toss was pretty good. I wouldn't be mad if she becomes the next AKB soloist

16. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    @ForrestFuller I believe the Iriyama Anna x Abe Maria duo is called MariAnnin, though I suppose it's possible they might come up with something different.

17. GATX105

GATX105 Member

So is the trick to form a unit that will make management rig the results in your favor?
    I think a 5-6 girl unit with mion/naachan will be a match for the sasshi trio and the sayanee trio.
    Should have been sayanee/sakura/jurina for the handshake trio but I guess jurina has no friends, only underlings.

18. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I personally think that some of the units are legit friendship based like MariAnnin where they used to be really close until Yuria snatched Annin and now Yuria's gone, Annin went back to Maria. Kokeshi too since it started after that iconic triplet photo of them, and we all know Imomuchu is. Yukirin is close with Miichan and Sasshi used to be in the same gang as Miichan so why not?

Sayanee, Yui, and Sakura is the only fishy one for me. Like, I get Yui and Sayanee but add Sakura into the mix and now I'm confused af.

Naachan and her slave harem needs to be formed now Momoka said she's not competing.

19. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I've been thinking if only Takamina is still around she should form a duo with Momoka [hehe]

20. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Did Goto Moe say something about going solo ?

I'm also thinking Megu should form a 16 nin unit and call them AKB48 just to follow her rant.