AKB48 member of the year 2008 results!

Discussion in 'Forum Events' started by Kyobu, Dec 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ecwx

ecwx Kenkyuusei

http://blog.oricon.co.jp/watarirouka/category_4/
    That's exactly the way I'm thinking :D I love Kaorin no matter how unpopular she is.

Yes, of course I would like the world to love her too, but, really, how people feel/think about her doesn't affect the way I feel for her :) In fact, if it has any affect on me, it made me want to show more love to her :)

2. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

^ If it's any consolation, you can look at the situation like this:

The less people popular she is...the more you can have her for yourself. ;-)

Or something like that...:p

3. ecwx

ecwx Kenkyuusei

http://blog.oricon.co.jp/watarirouka/category_4/
    hmmm.... that's a very interesting way of thinking :D

all the time I've only been thinking "the less popular she is, the more time she has, to do things that she really likes" :)

4. Wordsmith

Wordsmith Kenkyuusei

Thing is, there's a catch in it.

If she's TOO unpopular, she might just leave, be it on her own accord or by some stupid scheme set up by the management...

But apart from that, you are right.

5. rui

rui Kenkyuusei

the more unpopular they are, the cheaper their photos on auctions orz

6. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Thank you for your responses, everyone. (too many to quote, but you know who you are) Those were genuinely insightful answers that I was looking for.

I can kinda see the "fakeness" that people see in her - in AKBingo, sometimes she looks completely disinterested in some of the things that go on (and I know because I focus on her even when she's not the center of attention :XD:. But then again, that could just be her being real - I don't care for some of the things they do on the show either. Surprisingly, one of the things I like her for is that I think she's real, the way she acts, her gestures - kinda like she was born to be an idol. At least that's from my observations, but of course, who am I to say?

As for her stare - well, I haven't been to the theater, but I actually think it might be because she's just shy. People who are shy in front of audiences would probably focus on a single point. Sometimes I do that during speeches in front of the class, and I'm not the only one among my classmates. Her everlasting smile - well, that's part of the idol business. Aki-P has been quoted telling Acchan to smile, she's just doing her job. Always remember to smile, because fans like girls that smile more. At least I do - I love cheerful girls, not ones who are constantly emo. See how successful Oku is without smiling (nothing against you Wordsmith or TripleT) But I hope she's really happy to be there, like Yuko, who's always smiling because she enjoys her job and not because she's forced to put on a smile.

Anyways, once again, really, thank you. Those were some of the most enlightening posts I've read on stage48 in a while =)

@ Shin-koda

Mm...I'm going to answer you, because everyone else here were gracious enough to answer my questions regarding why they have a distaste for Mayuyu, and maybe you just worded your question poorly. Don't get me wrong - Acchan is my 2nd fave girl, and I gave her +10, so by no means do I hate her, or even dislike her. But there is one thing that I noticed that I don't like too much (it's the second thing I'll list)

Well, first thing - she's not the "leader." AKB48 does not have "captain" or anything like that. But yes, she's the most popular. And that by itself can cause some people not to like her. They don't hate her because of her, but because she hogs the screentime. Watch ANY PV and you'll see she's ALWAYS pictured the most, thus taking time away from other members, who people might consider their favorite AKB48 members.

Second, I've always thought she never lorded her popularity around and that was part of her appeal, that she was able to treat everyone fairly as if there were no popularity rankings, but some of the MCs show differently. I definitely didn't like how she just ignored Aki when she tried asking her something, by saying "Mmm..." I understand that you might not like your friends being replaced with new people, but they chose to graduate, so she should at least acknowledge them.

That's all I could think of, but I hope it gave you a new perspective, like the other people gave me.

7. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

Dead, after being struck in the heart by Chiyuu~
    Perfectly put! I'm glad there isn't that much in this forum... for my favorite. I don't know what I'd do if there was. Drown myself with my computer screen... lol. (I should especially stay away from Nihongogo. This forum is enough already as it is... I love the people here ^_^ as you can tell by my Thanks Stage48 post. )

But auction wise, I hate it!

ithebigc, the fake I was addressing is like putting on a fake smile sort of. I think that's what tokkaiko's point too. It's fake-looking since it's the same exact smile throughout the performance and she doesn't stop doing it, just like her eyes xD I pretty sure she's not staring cause she's shy... it's most likely that she's trying to hard to look straight ahead at the audience! You know, the performance rule of the 4th wall, the invisible glass wall in front of you is what your performing for.

Shin-koda, yes.. in your perfect little world, Acchan could be #1. But this is based off the forums' world. In this world, there is a lot of Acchan fans, but still.. she isn't the most popular among the people in this "world." We just tend to like other members a "little" more. Like ithebigc mentions, yes she appears a lot in covers and PVs etc... but she's not really a "leader." Each respective team has their own "leader" sort of... but no leader for all of AKB48. (Deja vu, this was mentioned in a TV show with Oshima Mai I just watched o_o ) Acchan is really just the posterchild of AKB48, you can put it that way.

8. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I'm sure there are people who don't like Acchan because of who she is, not because she hogs the screentime. For me, it's with Jurina. I don't hate her, I'm just sick of her. XD

9. Ange

Ange Member

The Stage48 Institute for Akimoto Sayaka Worship
    Shuddup sinners! Sayaka is the only AKB leader! :asdfgh:

If you cannot accept this as a joke, u need help, then

10. rui

rui Kenkyuusei

TAKAMINA'S THE ONLY TRUE RIIDA >:CCCCC

8D

11. makistar

makistar Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

^ WORD!

12. Kira

Kira Kenkyuusei

just like giddy say. even our favourite not all people who like her and hate her

but the most important deep inside our heart still love her

so ignore what people say B-)

for the example mayuyu who got minus don't care about it

about acchan she not my favourite artist but i don't give her minus point

;)

13. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    (This is getting a tad off-topic...)

My thoughts on the leaders:

Team A: Takamina, Acchan, Maimai

Team K: Sayaka

Team B: CinDy

14. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

Dead, after being struck in the heart by Chiyuu~
    LOL.
    I believe the leaders are:

Team A: Takamina, Acchan, MaiMai

Team K: Sayaka, Yuko

Team B: Yukirin, CinDy

Well, at least these members do most of the talking during the stages. (I know Team K & B for sure after seeing them in the theatre on their roles)

They seem like leaders cause well, they pretty much take care of the others whenever something happens (Mostly K & B leaders... Team A, not so much xD)

15. albusdumb

albusdumb Member

For my part I believe that the leaders are :

TeamA : Takamina (for the voice), Acchan (for the face)

TeamK : Yuko, Sayaka, Sae

TeamB : Cindy, Mayuyu (for the face)

Of course each girls in her place in the Team.
    But some are more visible than others either because they are put in the front, others by their natural presence or their talent.

I don't hate any members. I love some, I appreciate of other and I don't take any interests in others.
    It's as for all the groups, there are those which are very appreciated and those which leaves indifferent

16. haruna_hamasaki

haruna_hamasaki Senbatsu Staff Member Studio48 Admin

This is my thoughts. :) Leader should be one for each team, right? ;)

17. rui

rui Kenkyuusei

xD

Imo, LEADERS to me are the one incharge of pulling everyone together so I'm for

Team A: Takamina
    Team B: CinDy

18. Kira

Kira Kenkyuusei

for the leader i choose

Team A: Mai Mai
    Team B: Mayuyu

19. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I would choose what rui chose. XD