AKB48 Member of the Year 2009 - RESULTS!

Discussion in 'Forum Events' started by Naomi, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shockingbuggy

shockingbuggy Kenkyuusei

You know, I know we probably can't do this, but I'm super curious on how the votes break down between guys and girls. I mean, and maybe I'm being a bit judgmental when I say this, but I wonder if there is a significant difference of what girl fans like and guy fans like.

Anyway, my vote:
    Favorites
    01. Takahashi Minami (+15)
    02. Akimoto Sayaka (+10)
    03. Oohori Megumi (+8)
    04. Masuda Yuka (+7)
    05. Miyazawa Sae (+6)
    06. Kasai Tomomi (+5)
    07. Kashiwagi Yuki (+4)
    08. Minegishi Minami (+3)
    09. Sato Natsuki (+2)
    10. Oshima Yuko (+1)

Least Favorites
    01. Kojima Haruna (-5) - This is probably me being selfish, but I really feel like a lot of my animosity toward Kojiharu is that she is taking Takamina's place as a lead frontgirl. I feel like in the categories that I value in an idol (personality, singing, dancing, performance quality), I always prefer Takamina. Also, I feel like if I met Kojiharu in real life, she would be the person I would most want to shove off a cliff because she comes off as such an airhead/incompetent. It's a personal preference thing I guess. Some people would think it's cute, I find it obnoxious.
    02. Maeda Atsuko (-4) - she's arrogant and doesn't care. the other lead front girls (Jurina, Takamina, Mayuyu, etc) all work hard, but she comes off to me like she feels way too secure as the lead girl so trying hard is something below her. I think I'm being a bit harsh in this since I don't know her, but she just comes off as fake to me.
    03. Sato Amina (-3) - I can't stand her voice. Nothing else really catches my eye with her, so the only thing that makes her stand out to me is her voice.
    04. Komori Mika (-2) - Nothing stands out to me about her either and she gets pushed to the front. She's also a terrible dancer. I guess she's cute, but she kind of fails in all the categories that are important to me.
    05. Ono Erena (-1) - To be honest, I don't really dislike her that much. She kind of lacks in performance quality a bit to me, and that always is a negative point in my book.

*runs away from the angry mob*

2. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

That's exactly how I feel about her. I'm glad I'm not alone. :D

I'm not sure if I want to put the reasons for my least favorites, because I don't want to risk offending anyone. ^^;

3. shockingbuggy

shockingbuggy Kenkyuusei

^Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm waiting for the earth to come down on me for expressing my opinions, but that's a risk I'm willing to take :)

I didn't say this in my previous post, but thank you for all your hard work on this, Naomi <3 If I knew where you lived I'd send you a cake <3

4. emanc

emanc Kenkyuusei

I said people with biases as you seem to left out. I didn't say that they don't know what they are doing.

"Bias is a term used to describe a tendency or preference towards a particular perspective, ideology or result, when the tendency interferes with the ability to be impartial, unprejudiced, or objective."

If those voting down are not being biased, then I don't know how to interpret it. I also think it's a tad rude to accuse any AKB member (who we don't know) of anything regarding their personality, e.g. bored, doesn't give a damn, arrogant, etc.

Having negative votes against any member is still disadvantageous and unfair IMHO. This is the only point I was driving at all along.

5. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Those are some brave negatives, voting down two of the most pushed front girls of AKB48 [hehe] For Kojiharu, you and I are the complete opposite. :D Her airheadedness is one of the biggest reasons she's my #3 favorite, right below Mayuyun and Acchan. Yeah, I'm one of the people who finds her personality cute (and that's a major factor for my favorite idols). I love how she's not acting, that there's actually someone in this world who is naturally like that. She seems like a fun person to be around. During the Iiwake Maybe elections where each girl was able to make a 1 min election video, hers was my favorite, even above Mayuyu's because she somehow managed to knock the sign with her name down :D

But are they truly biased? It's even clear to me (and I have a bias FOR Acchan, not against her) that she doesn't try nearly as hard as some other members like Takamina, who goes all out. Watching videos from the beginning of AKB48 when there was no defined "front front girl", when everyone was equal, she was so more cheerful and energetic, compared to now when sometimes she just looks like she's going through the motions. I think she's improved in the last few months, smiling more and getting more into the performances, which makes me really happy because then I like her even more, but really, observe performances from the beginning and some of the stuff from 2008/early-mid 2009 and you'll see quite the difference.

Also, we can't say that we don't know anything about the girls. AKB48 is the premiere idol group, and especially because they're idols, we (meaning their fans) pay attention to them as people more than just another artist. They are the "idols you can meet." We watch AKBingo!, Nemousu Terebi, Shukan AKB, performances, read blogs to find out more and more about the girls through the way they act. It's why so many people have different favorites; all of us find a girl who is our ideal girl, who meshes with what we like the best. I like Mayuyu, Naomi likes Natsumi and RocketStarLauncher likes Natsuki. Along the way though, and even now we still watch all the other girls' personalities. I don't think the people who voted Acchan down for reasons other than jealousy of her position made up reasons like "big ego" or "doesn't care or try." We've seen signs of it; on AKBingo! when they played Shoujiki Shougi, when Acchan passed the lie detector test stating that she knew all the members, Miichan (or someone else, it's been a long time) shouted out "Uso! (No way!) When I talk with her about some kenkyuusei, she always goes 'Dare da?' (Who's that?)'' And if she doesn't seem into performances, it doesn't matter if Acchan was popular or not, people see that and don't like it. Look at Maachan. That girl is cute, but is disliked by many Japanese and Western fans alike because she never ever smiles during a performance. They're definitely not voting her down because she's getting in the way of their oshimen, they're voting her down cuz she's lethargic.

I agree with you on the point that people shouldn't be voting girls down just because then it might give their own favorite a higher ranking on the scale, so I'm kind of iffy on negative votes too, not sure if I support them. But it's the way it's been done for 3 years, I don't think it's going to change anytime soon, unfortunately.

6. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    This arguement is starting to get really boring and it's old in the end some people don't like Atsuko, because apparently she doesn't work as hard as hard as the rest, though thats BS. Some people's natures are what drag draw others to them simple as that you can hate or not. In the end this arguement pops up every few months with no conclusion or change in peoples opinion, so can you guys all just drop it, some of you have been fans longer than anyone else on this forum. So you must of seen this arguement several times already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.