AKB48 Member of the Year 2009 - RESULTS!

Discussion in 'Forum Events' started by Naomi, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    One of the things about our yearly rankings is that they can be seen as two different things: a formal compilation of the current Stage48 (and NihonGogo) members' ranking OR something of a 'What we would like to see as senbatsu.' I think most of us are thinking of it as the senbatsu version, thus people voting down certain members is to sort of move them out of our 'senbatsu.'

(EDIT: I wrote this before you posted, Naomi, but after it showed that you posted your excellent points, I felt like I should still post this since otherwise I would have wasted time.

2. Malachite

Malachite Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satosumire
    My point still stands regardless of what we're voting for. You can apply this same logic to any vote for anything. There's a reason that you can't vote down parties you don't like in general elections for your government.

But you see, this renders the results completely inaccurate.

Let me explain.

Let's say you have 10 people and each vote, down or up, is worth a point.

6 of those people vote for one candidate (I'll call him A), which leaves him with 6 points total and those 6 choose not to downvote anyone.

Now let's say that the other 4 people choose to upvote another candidate (B), but they do choose to use their downvotes on A.

This leaves A with 2 votes and B with 4 votes, which means that even though the majority of the people taking part voted for A, he ends up with a lower amount of votes than the less popular candidate, meaning that the results aren't indicative of what the majority actually voted for.

3. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

^ Pretty much, yeah.

4. Malachite

Malachite Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satosumire
    ^Then why not change that aspect of it so that we can get an accurate ranking?

5. RocketStarLauncher

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    ^In that circumstance, the voters for A seem to have no problem with B winning. If they did, they should have voted against B.

6. Malachite

Malachite Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satosumire
    ^They had no way of knowing that the other 4 were going to vote down A. And in this case there's way more than just two candidates.

7. Naomi

Just count up the total positive votes yourself if you want an accurate ranking, but the negative votes included are in the final ranking. I don't know why you're making such a big deal out of this when you yourself gave negative votes to some girls.

8. Winter

Winter Kenkyuusei

Nope, it's not her fault, nor the fans. It's more the managements. Doesn't make it an easier pill to swallow though.

I do agree that the negative votes should not subtract from the positive though. Maybe they should be counted as separate rankings? Then we would get a more accurate reading as to who is more popular and who is more hated.

9. Naomi

I could add it to the first post, but the final ranking is going to include the negative votes.

Edit
    Eh, the first post is big enough so I'll put it here.

Positive
    01. Oshima Yuko (340)
    01. Akimoto Sayaka (340)
    03. Takahashi Minami (297)
    04. Kashiwagi Yuki (237)
    05. Kasai Tomomi (215)
    06. Itano Tomomi (207)
    07. Miyazawa Sae (201)
    08. Sashihara Rino (182)
    09. Minegishi Minami (173)
    10. Maeda Atsuko (171)
    11. Ohori Megumi (170)
    12. Kojima Haruna (152)
    13. Matsubara Natsumi (132)
    14. Sato Amina (125)
    15. Miyazaki Miho (121)
    16. Watanabe Mayu (120)
    17. Masuda Yuka (119)
    18. Katayama Haruna (112)
    18. Urano Kazumi (112)
    20. Ono Erena (106)

Only the top 20, but you get the idea. The top 20 contains the exact same members, excluding Amina, so it's already pretty accurate. :roll:

10. Malachite

Malachite Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satosumire
    I'm not making a "big deal" out of it. I merely made a suggestion.

My taking part in a flawed voting system doesn't validate it. I would have brought this up before the vote was finished, but it was already underway by the time I noticed.

And the final results pretty much confirmed my fears.

11. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

it's too hard to make an accurate list, unless we have any maths genius here who could make us some kind of equation to use for the voting system.

we could do a 1voteperperson ranking but that would be too boring and we were not even 100 people in this one, the list is still accurate for what it is, a popularity list. some people will like you, some people won't. i was surprised so many people were actually that bothered about atsuko. i mean i really disliked her at my first fan days but you kinda end up getting over it and accept it as the reality it is.

Only Positive Vote: (TOP 20)
    01. Akimoto Sayaka +340
    01. Oshima Yuko +340
    02. Takahashi Minami +297
    03. Kashiwagi Yuki +237
    04. Kasai Tomomi +218
    05. Itano Tomomi +207
    06. Miyazawa Sae +201
    07. Sashihara Rino +182
    08. Minegishi Minami +173
    09. Maeda Atsuko +171
    10. Ohori Megumi +170
    11. Kojima Haruna +152
    12. Matsubara Natsumi +132
    13. Watanabe Mayu +120
    14. Sato Amina +125
    15. Miyazaki Miho +121
    16. Masuda Yuka +119
    17. Urano Kazumi +112
    18. Katayama Haruka +112
    19. Ono Erena +106
    20. Matsui Jurina +101

Only Negative Vote: (TOP 10)
    1. Maeda Atsuko -83
    2. Matsui Jurina -66
    3. Kobayashi Kana -50
    4. Oku Manami -50
    5. Sato Amina -48
    6. Komori Mika 43
    7. Fujimoto Sara -39
    8. Kikuchi Ayaka -38
    9. Watanabe Mayu -34
    10. Kojima Haruna -26

now that we are on topic and some pages ago people were talking about Yuko, can someone tell me what people actually LIKE so much about acchan? i mean i agree that she's pretty, she has a gorgeous smile, she's cute, her voice is cute but that's all i see tbh. her personality isn't really remarkable or anything, she doesn't even grabs the attention at all.

12. Naomi

Can we just drop it with this no negative votes thing? The negative votes have been included since the Member of the Year started in 2007, so I highly doubt that it'll change. No one ever thought it was a bad thing until now anyway. If you want an accurate ranking that badly each year, then count up the positive votes yourself. And like I said before, this is ranking to see who you want to be Member of the Year, not a favorite member ranking. There is a big difference. If you don't like the negative votes, then don't participate or give out negative votes. It's not that hard. :roll:

13. RocketStarLauncher

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    ^
    ^Years ago, when I was an Acchan fan (albeit short-lived) what pulled me in was how average she was (and she was the only girl in the group that I could point out in all of the shots of PVs or performances, most likely because she's all over them). I often see the word 'shiny' when talking about some members of groups that have that confident star quality about them, and that's what she doesn't have. I think the draw to her is that she's such a girl next door.

14. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    A lot of Akb fans, don't past learning more names than 10 members which are the front girls, They usually don't realize that hey could try to learn the rest and then decide their favorite.
    But anyway what's good about Atsuko is not only her girl next door cuteness, She's more of the levelheaded member that people can someone easily see themselves with ( thinking she's approachable). She may not have a standing out personality, but she does have one that makes you think she doesn't judge too rashly. Basically she's relatable to most people and most people can feel that they understand her the most even without sticking out too much, so naturally they can see plenty of reasons to like her.
    Reasons we believe that she'll keep growing.

15. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    You had a choice not to make negative votes. By joining in you condone it.

16. Pan-chan

Pan-chan Kenkyuusei

how in the heck did tanamin actually get into the top 40 xDDDD

17. emanc

emanc Kenkyuusei

"Member of the Year", "Most Popular Member of the Year" What's the difference? It's still going to come out as who's the most popular. Having negative votes against any member is still disadvantageous and unfair IMHO.

Then it's just crab mentality. Here's what Wikipedia has to say about it:

"The analogy in human behavior is that of a group that will attempt to "pull down" (negate or diminish the importance of) any member who achieves success beyond the others, out of jealousy or competitive feelings."

You don't drag down the number 2. It's always the one on top.

18. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Well, it's my own fault :( Ever since school started I've been neglecting the forum so much, I'm lucky to post once every week. A lot of it has to do with procrastination too, so I don't have enough time in the day. Need to change habits, I certainly talk with people at my university about AKB48 enough...

And yeah, I don't know why anyone would vote down Natsumi or Yuko either. Natsumi's in my low 10s in terms of ranking or maybe even in top 10, I don't think I have a formal ranking past #5 (that girl can dance!) and Yuko's in my top 10 for sure.

It's hard, but think about it this way. Ever since she got popular (so....Aitakatta and beyond) she has been pushed in our faces. A lot of people have favorite members besides Acchan, but every second that Acchan has in a PV is a second that another member could've have. I'm a bit luckier since my favorite member, Mayuyu's popularity is steadily rising so she gets an ok amount in each PV, but for the people who have favorite members in lower senbatsu, they get tired of only seeing their member for 3 seconds while Acchan gets a minute. So while they don't hate Acchan personally, they have a feeling of antagonism towards her. It doesn't help that even on all live performances, she's the one talking every single time. When making a ranking, if they can't think of any other girls to dislike, they go, "Well, crap, Acchan takes up too much time. Dislike."

This actually happened some time ago too (I forgot when) and I made a whole big long post detailing why some people dislike Acchan. If you have some time, click here

viewtopic.php?p=206334#p206334

Well, this is a post from when I first joined stage48 (link below), back when Acchan was still my favorite member. Needless to say, most of the opinions there don't reflect my current attitude (no, she's not as caring to the other members as I first thought she was), but that was what I found attractive about her. Around my post you can also see posts from other Acchan fans about why they like Acchan, I don't know why, but we were all summarizing our thoughts about why Acchan was awesome around that page

viewtopic.php?p=124181#p124181

I'm actually really surprised you say she doesn't grab attention at all, I think one of her strongest qualities is that she's very charismatic. I have absolute faith that even if she weren't pushed as much as she is now, she's still be in my favorites because she just draws me to her.

And now I REALLY want to hear the reasons for the hate against Mayuyu, seeing as she's in the top 10 of people receiving the most negative votes. I didn't even notice that....satisfy my curiosity, please, people? I really want to hear an opposing opinion.

19. emanc

emanc Kenkyuusei

From what live performances did Acchan took every single time to talk? I thought anti-Acchan fans here are bashing her for just standing there looking bored all the time on MCs and other talking parts in performances.

It's a damn if you do damn if you don't situation for her then... [wonder]

20. Malachite

Malachite Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satosumire
    Um, no, but thanks for playing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.