AKB48 Question & Answer

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by arrowisland, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Patrick

Patrick Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takamina, Sayanee
    Watching video of the 2012 Tokyo Dome Team Shuffle, when Lovetan's transfer was announced, she just smiled and put on a brave face which only broke when Mayuyu came barreling in and started bawling on Lovetan's shoulder.

2. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    It is still quite common even now for Japanese 48 Group members to join an overseas group, especially if the group is quite new. I think this has paid off especially for Nakagawa Haruka (AKB48 to JKT48) and Izuta Rina (AKB48 to BNK48 to CGM48).

Members who got transferred from Japan to another group:
    • Takajo Aki, Nakagawa Haruka and Chikano Rina left AKB48 to join JKT48 in Indonesia
    • Miyazawa Sae and Suzuki Mariya left AKB48 to join SNH48 in China
      • I'm actually not sure about Mariya, but afaik Sae never really got to join SNH48. There were a lot of visa issues and she even wanted to leave Japan entirely to focus on SNH48, but it didn't work. Former Sae oshis might have more info on this.
    • Izuta Rina left AKB48 to join BNK48 in Thailand. When BNK48 formed its first sister group (CGM48), Rina joined CGM48 and also became the general manager of the group. (Thanks to her, CGM48's new original song 'Mali' has a Japanese title and Japanese lyrics on Youtube)
    • Abe Maria left AKB48 to join TPE48/AKB48 Team TP in Taiwan.
    • Ma Chia-Ling left TPE48 in Taiwan to join AKB48.
    (The last two points need a bit further clarification... AKB48 held auditions in Taiwan in 2015, for Taiwanese people to join AKB48. Ma Chia-Ling won this audition and joined AKB48. It was later announced that the other 6 finalists would become part of a brand new group called TPE48. Abe Maria was then also transferred to TPE48. Nothing happened for quite a while, and eventually, it was announced that TPE48's name would be changed to AKB48 Team TP. They finally debuted in 2018.)

The only international sister groups who don't have any 'original' Japanese members are MNL48, SGO48 and AKB48 Team SH.

I don't really think it's about whether or not the girls think they've hit a road block in Japan, but it can still be really interesting. I think Haruka and Rina were the most successful transfers. Sae was definitely more than popular enough in Japan as well ^^

• Like Like x 1
  3. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    IMHO It makes/made perfect sense to add some veteran members to startup subgroups, they will more approachable than staff but will still most likely have the seniority and experience to be able to instruct members in the internal workings of an AKB Team/Group
    So I think ther are clear benefits for the group, the benefits for the transferred members otoh are not so clear cut, some did really well, some not so much.
    (but it's pretty clear that moving to a foreign sub group will negatively impact your number of Japanese fans, unless like Sae you were regular part of a senbatsu)

It's a bit like the captaincy thing ... if you really take that seriously there is a likely chance it might impact your own personal career

4. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    On a national level, I think Sashihara Rino is also a great example of this working out both ways. She was originally moved to HKT48 as a 'punishment,' but then she was the only HKT48 member with direct contact to Akimoto Yasushi, which really helped HKT48. She advocated greatly for her new group members and the move really paid off – Sasshi's first Sousenkyo win happened as an HKT48 member.

Personally, I think I would really enjoy being a team kaigai member. You get to learn a new language and experience a new culture without having to give up your dream career. Of course, if people in the new country don't welcome you very much, that sucks, but I think it can be a great experience to have made nonetheless.

5. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    But Sasshii was/is a force of nature .... she defied all expectations :) normal rules don't apply :D

but aren't you a sort of kaigai member, studying abroad and all? ;)

and yeah, if I could continue my current career in Japan, I think I would, even knowing I would never truly be accepted as a foreigner, as long as they tolerate me I'll be fine.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  6. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Regarding Nakagawa Haruka, I recently posted on her thread a video of a recent interview in Indonesia which I found by chance. According to a related newspaper article she said (via electronic translation): "Because the people are really fun, when I first visited Indonesia it was like 2011 or 2012, it was just exciting. Indonesians are enthusiastic (when watching JKT48). Japanese people are shy, screaming here feels really artistic." It would be interesting to learn more from someone who can understand Indonesian about her feelings surrounding her move abroad.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    As a matter of fact my father speaks Bahasa Indonesia (he learned it as a conscript during the euphemistically called 'Police actions' when the Dutch government tried to re-conquer Indonesia, spent 2 years of his youth there after coming out of a 5 year long German occupation)
    But he's 92 and rather deaf .. so it's not really an option to ask him I think, sorry

(and also not sure of how good his grasp of Indonesian is nowadays, but I remember him striking up conversations with complete strangers (to our embarrassment, because that's what you do as a kid))

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  8. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Is there cam again somewhat yankee/fighting girls- drama?? These cam enough, if ask me...

9. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    From memory, during one of the Budokan concert, where they anounced that both girls would be back in AKB48 as kennin. Mariya thanked the staff, (I'd say she was relieved), while Sae's face tensed in displeasure.
    Both had little opportunities to work with SNH48 members, the chinese staff would allways have working visas problems.

10. vinicius

vinicius Kenkyuusei

Where can I watch 'No Flower Without Rain'? I tried to find everywhere but the download links on each site are all dead

11. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Dragonkiller12012

Dragonkiller12012 Kenkyuusei

The easiest way right now that I've found to watch anything pertaining to the 48 groups is to look it up on bilibili. You just need the Japanese title of what you're looking for. You can also try putting those Japanese titles into YouTube or other video hosting sites and see if you have any luck. Only issue that might present itself with the documentary you're looking for is that you might not find it with English subtitles this way. I hope it's okay for me to answer you this way as it's not providing any links.

13. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
  14. sortilege

sortilege Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagi yuki
    Sadly, I haven’t gotten to watch Minami’s gradcon yet but it’s supposed to be archived on 17live for a couple days, right? Where/how do you watch archived content on there?

15. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  16. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    On the profile page there is a movie button. Nothing there yet but I would keep checking there. Miichans concert was 3 hrs so maybe need some time to archive it.

the link below is to view on PC. shared also in the concert thread

https://17.live/profile/r/13741515/vod

can't get it to come up on mobile for some reason. If I do I will update.

Last edited: May 25, 2021
  17. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  18. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    For now it is .... but I'm afraid the will/might change after the archive time on 17live or when a DVD or BluRay comes out ... (which, they'd better release a.s.a.p ..... I want it!!! I need it!!! ... I'll even buy a bluray player exclusively for it)

19. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I've set a reminder for myself to delete my post on the 30th of May ;) Just to make extra sure it doesn't go past the archiving deadline

EDIT: Post has been deleted

Last edited: May 30, 2021
  20. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    If anyone not seeing the archive video on the homepage. Go to profile > advanced settings > select region Japan. Restart Livit app and you should see 17+ on the opening page header. Select 17+ and you can see the archived shows until 5.31

*For Android devices.

Last edited: May 26, 2021