Anything48 FANS IN THE U.S.???

Discussion in '48 Group Fans Worldwide' started by Zealotan, Dec 9, 2011.

1. girlwatcher1983

girlwatcher1983 Kenkyuusei

Hello to all of you here in the US.
    If there was a AKB48 franchise team it would most likely at one of the metro areas like Los Angeles or New York. Think it would be like NYC48 or LAC48. Both cities have many talented girls that would be lineup all night to audition. It could be marketable as some form of reality show. It might be a cross between American Idol, Big Brother, The Real World, and maybe Jersey Shore. For costumes they could wear dance team or cheerleader uniforms.
    The first AKB48 video I download was Aitakatta. I was instantly reminded of Britney Spears’ video Baby One More Time. I did not even know what I was downloading at the time. I have been tracking them all over the net ever since.
    I did meet some AKB48 fans at anime expo 2010 in Los Angeles and DOCUMENTARY OF AKB48 to be continued US Premiere San Francisco which was kind of interesting did not get to chat with them much.
    I could not make the 2009 New York or 2012 Washington D.C. performances because of scheduling issues.
    I will recommend that if you live near other fans try to network with them. Maybe someday you could meet a travel companion that you can share travel and hotel expenses at the next AKB48 performance in the US. The other possibility is to travel to Japan networking would also help for that too.

2. yamiperv

yamiperv Kenkyuusei

Apologies for the late reply, I'm not very active in this forum as you can see -_-

but to answer your question on did they take it well. They took it pretty nicely. I got a few grading/reviews, most of them said that it was interesting and the video I made was great. A few said I was only covering the basic of AKB48. I know i'm covering the basic, but it was really hard presenting since I got hella nervous haha. Also, its quite hard to support my thesis on AKB48 so its whatever :p
    The video was the hardest part for me to make, since I used around 30secs of 6 songs to make a 3 min video. My teacher said it can't be longer than that *sigh* so I picked Baby baby baby, Namida Surprise, River, Heavy Rotation, Beginner, and Flying Get :D
    Then the hardest part was to present, since my mind was all over the places [blush]

I agree with the other post person that said we bash on k-pop. Honestly, its not because of J-pop that I bash on them, I agree that some of their songs are cool, but i feel like its overrated and too many people knows k-pop [wonder]

I would be delighted to text people about AKB48 [hehe] does anyone have kik or viber? :)

3. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

I'm from Ohio (US) (Columbus)

4. Sayumi4

Sayumi4 Kenkyuusei

Awesome same here :D

5. Jemina

Jemina Kenkyuusei

Hi,

I live in Maine (US). My husband and I got into AkB because of AKB0048. We got curious and then we got hooked. We listen to a lot of J-pop anyhow (a ton of Vocaloid stuff), so it was just a matter of time until AKB came into our radar.

Interestingly, my brother is moving to Tokyo next month. Ain't that just handy :hehe:

Thanks,
    Jem

6. MeruShige

MeruShige Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Hi everyone im from the NYC area. :inlove:

7. phasher99

phasher99 Kenkyuusei

Horray for NYC fans! I'm from Brooklyn.

8. ranko

ranko Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    GPBchan
    Anyone here going to Anime Expo in July? I'm flying in to see some friends and go to the con and I know there are a ton of AKB fans down there.

9. admiraltolokus

admiraltolokus Kenkyuusei

Oklahoma has traded tornadoes for earthquakes
    I live no where near lol but it reminds me I need to go hunting for fellow wotas at Izumicon and Tokyo in Tulsa here in Oklahoma, good luck and have fun at the con! Spread the 48fam around!

10. winxred12

winxred12 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Hi, everyone I'm from Washington state as well ~

11. KyriosArios

KyriosArios Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Twitter:
    KyriosArios
    Sacramento, CA here. Got into AKB48 for the same reason @Jemina and her husband did. Been a fan for about 2 years now.

12. SilentDreamer2

SilentDreamer2 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Hi I am from West Virginia . I got into AKB48 via the anime AKB0048. I also heard Heavy Rotation last year at a local anime convention that a group did as a group skit. It got me curious as to where the song came from. As I was looking around youtube one day I came across a video for a top anime opening video and the opening for AKB0048 was in it. Later I watched it and afterward I found the AKB0048 wiki which had some sections on the girls of AKB48 and I looked them up . After which I started looking videos of AKB48 which lead me to their Tokyo Dome concert back in 2012. I have loved their music ever since . My top favorites are Uza, Heavy Rotatoin , River and Koi Suru Fortune Cookie. My favorite Members would have to be Minami Takahashi , Watanabe Mayu , Kojima Haruna. I also have a few former members I like : Shinoda Mariko and Oshima Yuko. I wish I had gotten into AKB48 earlier when Maeda Atsuko was still in AKB48 before she graduated I really like her voice .

13. Sayumi4

Sayumi4 Kenkyuusei

Welcome all of you new fans:1st:. This threads been pretty quiet for a while, though its nice to see people dropping in ever now in then. I'm curious are any of you going to see Morning Musume or Perfume when they're here later this year? I'd love to go but sadly won't be able to since it's in the middle of the school year for me.

14. Elementaljyt

Elementaljyt Kenkyuusei

Hello! I am from Southern California. Just got into akb this year. My habits circles more around HKT

15. admiraltolokus

New comrades :banana: lol Elementaljyt be careful, that bunch are dangerous!

16. Elementaljyt

Elementaljyt Kenkyuusei

17. Hime

Hime Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    eclair_tan
    from Florida originally, now live in Texas! With a smile on my face, a wild Hime appears!

18. admiraltolokus

[​IMG]

19. admiraltolokus

Welcome aboard! Is it hot enough for yall down there right now?

20. Hime

Hime Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    eclair_tan
    I thought Florida heat and humidity was bad, and then I got hit with this. Its way, way too hot.