Attending AKB48 handshakes: how-to (work in progress)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Mumo doesn't do resale like chara-ani, or the group shop with HKT. They do something much better (IMO) Once the applications are over, it just becomes an open purchase page. You can access the page at any time and purchase any remaining tickets. You put in what you want, you pay for it, they send it. You have up until like 3 weeks before an event to purchase tickets for that event. In fact, once this application period ends, there should be a box on the main page that gives the deadlines to purchase for each event.

At least that's the way they have done it in the past.

2. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Oh I got it now, thank you very much.

But on the payment page they do allow us to edit the applications after we have won via taking the CD with the specific HS ticket attached out of the cart.

Also not really on topic but since we are on a roll here I want to ask how can I combine the normal order for limited/regular editions with the order for theatre editions (+ HS tickets). Mu-mo separates them and we will have to pay shipping fees twice, one for each ?

3. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    Also it seems like mu-mo accepts western credit cards which is awesome. The lack of 2-factor authentication less so but I am happier this way since it means I will meet Nao. <3

4. stv-wong

stv-wong Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kizakiyuria
    Hi, I will go to AKB's National HS in Sendai next month, does anyone know what time the event usually started and till when?

5. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    Lol got those tickets reserved. Now it's time to hope nothing goes to shit. :D Missing an intercontinental flight next morning would be expensive.

Also it will be quite handshakey couple of days if I manage to be in Tokyo on 7/29 and Hakata on 7/30. :D

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  6. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    If I miss out on some HS tickets, due to the lines being too long and I can't wait (or I will miss other slots), can I use it for other girls / the same girl but different slots ?

7. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

Ever since the oshimashi system is in place, you can use it the same way as a touken ticket, so you can go on the same day to any girl in any slots that have stars (those who didn't sell out).

8. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Oh snap... Nice! Hope your trip is going well so far. :approve:

Just found out you reply to my post. Well, time to gogo back to work. :lol:

9. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Thanks, does this system work for sister groups HS too or it only works for AKB group HS ?

10. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    At this point only 48-group have this system

11. jell_o_jello

jell_o_jello Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Hi,

It seems I made a mistake with my #sukinanda HS application. I didn't know the lottery application I did yesterday (Application period 27-28 July) was a resale and I put in my Tenso address and got tickets. And Tenso doesn't do Cash on Delivery.
    Is it possible to change the address or there's no fix now.
    How does CoD work? Does the recipient need to be there when the package comes? What if they are not home?
    Thanks!

12. Sakuraism

Sakuraism Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    CoD is when the post delivers the CD, they will ask for the amount owed on the spot. As you've mentioned, Tenso does not do this.

At this point you're pretty much stuck tbh. You can contact chara ani but most they can do for you is to cancel your whole order. For them to be changing your address and personal information appears to not be an available option for them. That being said whether they blacklist you after they cancel it for you is really up to them. The other option is ignoring it and they will attempt to deliver it to tenso and get no result. Although I must say this is a big middle finger to them, and chances of being blacklisted because of CoD is relatively high.

13. jell_o_jello

jell_o_jello Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Thanks for your answer. Yeah, I think I'll try emailing them and see if they cancel my order or let me pay with credit card (unlikely). That's still better for them than just leaving it be. Too bad cos I really wanna go :(

14. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    Well yes it is. :D

Just got my tickets stamped, only thing they seemed interested in was that name in passport and tickets match.

15. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    So I got to Fukuoka and event ticket sorted out, but they also gave a second ticket with just a number on it. What is the purpose of that one?

16. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Isn't that your first handshake ticket? You exchanged a handshake ticket from the CD, and they gave you that, correct? If so, that is your first handshake ticket. There will be a period where they only allow people into the lanes with those tickets (the mini-live ticket), then eventually they will open the lanes so you can use the rest of your tickets...

Unless this is some sort of process I am not familiar with? But whatever, just go with the flow. I'm sure staff will guide you.

17. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    They gave two tickets at the exchange. Event ticket with my block on it (c-2 btw) and another with just the number. Might be the ticket then. I just wonder if it means there is 4000 and then some people handshaking before me. :D

18. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Ah, in that case I am pretty sure it means you have to wait for that number to show up on the screen for the lane you wish to go to before you can try to go to a lane.

19. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    Awright, thanks again tor all the info!

20. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Okay, I got the specific info. The reason you got two tickets was because the mini-live was free. You didn't need a handshake ticket to watch. So they gave you the event ticket for free and then they gave you a numbered handshake ticket for your ticket.