Choose One Song to Represent AKB48 as a Whole.

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by yousakura, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Titan3

Titan3 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    I'm gonna drop a vote for Flying Get in here... to me it represents the Golden Era members at their peak before the big graduations start and the group starts changing

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

I must agree with this one!
    Removing my personal preference of songs from this judgment, I think Shoujotachi yo really encapsulates the spirit of AKB. It's a good anthem for them.

• Like Like x 1
  3. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Shocked at the lack of support for Iiwake, Maybe. It literally invented the reason why y'all get mad at Aki-P for even releasing anything in the first half of the year.

4. Toadell

Toadell Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yukirin, Zukki, Oochan
    Heavy Rotation is the one,As is the song that represents the AKB48 charm, and everyone knows the song is AKB's.
    Even non-Idols in China and Korea know the choreography.
    I've seen many people even hating IZ*one for covering it, because they feel it represents AKB48.
    The other I guess may work are Aitakatta or Koisuru Fortune Cookie but still HEAVY ROTEESHON!:hehe:

5. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    I mean, it HAS to be Heavy Rotation. It's the very epitome of AKB at their best.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Dragonkiller12012

Dragonkiller12012 Kenkyuusei

AKB48 has that handful of songs that every fan knows them for and that everyone who has ever been a fan or tried to become a fan/been introduced to the group but didn't end up being a fan and future fans or potential fans will know them for. Aitakatta, Sakura no Hanabiratachi, River, Heavy Rotation, and Koisuru Fortune Cookie. I also would go with Heavy Rotation if picking just one though because of just how long the popularity of it has persisted. Where Koisuru Fortune Cookie gets its power from meme-ability and the first three from being songs AKB48 never quite allows to die off because of how historic they are (Aitakatta a literal anthem of the group's theme of idols you can meet, Sakura no Hanabiratachi their first single, River their first #1) Heavy Rotation really does get all its power from how much the public likes it years upon years later.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tommy Idoc

Tommy Idoc Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    Choosing one song is hard, so I'll oo it based on the eras
    Beginning- "Sakura no hanabiratachi"
    Golden Age- "Heavy Rotation" (Or any song b/w 2009-2012)
    Post-Acchan "Koisuru Fortune Cookie"
    Curren- N/A (I really can't think of a sog to describe this era.)

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. jessiejinx

jessiejinx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu (Cuca)
    For me personally I would say kibou no tsuite as it’s the first song I heard but as a whole I would say
    shoujotachi yo as it’s a a song that gives me courage and confidence everytime I hear it

9. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    If I'll choose based on what I think what songs the general public associate with AKB the most, it will just be any of the 4: KFC, Flying Get, Heavy Rotation, and Iiwake Maybe. I included Iiwake Maybe because I think the costume in the PV is considered to be "generic AKB".

Among the 4, my vote goes to Hebirote.

In terms of message of the song though, I'll go with Shoujotachiyo.

10. owlzeyes

owlzeyes Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ikuta, Sayanee, Ashurin
    i feel like Heavy Rotation is the obvious answer but I want to cast my vote for River. i love the overall message of the song

11. rayanami

rayanami Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    Everyday Kachuusha

12. ShinyGourgeist

ShinyGourgeist Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Jurina Matsui
    Probably Sakura no Hanabiratachi because it was the beginning of AKB. I would say Akihabara48 but it's more of a list of things in Akiba than anything else...

13. chaloner

chaloner Kenkyuusei

Practically every pass and present members are in the video..

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  14. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Hebirote is probably the one that the public remember the most but lyrically something like Jigsaw Puzzle 48 (from Stage K6 Reset) is evocative of what AKB means.

15. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    I agree with this. And I also think that if you think of “generic orthodox Heisei era idol music” Iiwake Maybe most closely matches that sound, instrumental wise at least.

16. Husky

Husky Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    Ponytail to shuushuu - for me this one is definitely the most orthodox AKB idolish sound.... but I also like the variety of AKB songs, and I really wish that management would keep that varity instead of... you know, just boring :glare:

17. Ririe

Ririe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nagatomo Ayami
    Iiwake Maybe.
    When I just think "AKB48", quickly, it is always the one that comes to my mind. The song, choreo, outfits, PV, everything is just typical (golden era) AKB. And THAT senbatsu.