Movie / DVD Disney's "Wreck-It Ralph"

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Taker, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

The news from Anime New Network and IGN, stated that AKB48 will sing a new song "Suger Rush" for the Disney's upcoming movie in November's "Wreck-It Ralph". It'll be used as insert song as well as the ending theme and is supposed to be world wide release and which will make AKB48 the first Japanese artist to be featured in global release of a feature film from Disney.

The movie is basically a parody on videogame villains who got tired of being bad guys.

ANN Article:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interes ... k-it-ralph

Japanese Article:

http://woman.infoseek.co.jp/news/entert ... y_N0045991

Wreck-It Ralph Trailer:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btB8tb8fLYM[/yt]

News on announcement:

[youku]http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDUwMTc0MDY4.html[/youku]

EDIT:

San Francisco Business Times:

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco ... 13/LA73649

2. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

Re: [Movie Theme] Disney's "Wreck-It Ralph"

It's one helluva piece of great news, which left me with a lot of tantalizing possibilities, but I hope the global release includes the song, not just on the domestic Japanese version.

Must be that the producers were looking for a sweet song, but then got real sold on Heavy Rotation ('cause everytime I see this PV, I'm getting cavities :lol: ).

3. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

Well, they mention the Nov release in America and world debut in that news video.

The English website also mentioned "Sugar Rush" as fictional game in the movie where the song will probably being used.

And I found a more reputable news article here:

This is with the quote from Clark Spencer, the movie's producer, so I would think the song will be in all releases and Akimoto is well-versed in English as he used to live in New York a lot in the 90s.

The question is will there be two version or one version and if one version, is it in Japanese or English?

It's a movie I'm already planning on seeing and is high on my list been an ACG fan, now this just go from plan-to-see to must-see.... :cute: :D

4. YumeNoRui

YumeNoRui Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I will go to the cinema to watch this for sure.

The other time I watched that dragon Ball movie was because of Ayu's Rule.

5. crunky12

crunky12 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    This is so awesome. They're basically reaching out to American audiences, whether they realize it or not. Whether the non-fans and the people that don't know them even remember the song after they see the movie, it'll be a treat for us fans. Plus not to mention it'll be featured on the soundtrack. I love seeing them get good exposure over here in the U.S.. [clap]

6. unkowwn

unkowwn Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Finally, I can hope to buy something from AKB48 iTunes U.S. besides their Kamikyokutachi album lol.

Congrats AKB48!

7. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

First heard the news on Facebook.

Still having a hard time believing it.

Like, really...for serious?

:p

8. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

I know, right???!!!

which is why I went and find that Business Time article. I still have some doubt, believe it or not, which is why I'm definitely going to see that movie on day 1 just to confirm whether this is real or not... :blush:

I mean, cross-over like this just doesn't happen often.

Last big one I remember was the live action movie of Space Battleship Yamato with SMAP's Kimura somehow got Steven Tyler of Aerosimth to do the theme song for it and I can't believe that one either until the MV is actually out as I'm fan of both.

9. YKT

YKT Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    MayuyuOrg
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QpLgdwpZw0[/yt]

10. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    The song is likely to be in any version of the movie, since it's by an original artist and not an in-story song sung by any of the characters. In fact none ot the characters seems to be singing in the movie that would have to be translated for foreign releases. It's pretty rare for a film of Disney Animation Studios to not be a musical (although most of their computer-animated ones weren't).

I could imagine the song being in Japanese to keep with the video-game theme.

11. oddball

oddball Member

Yes there was an article saying that the 'sugar rush' game has an anime design to it and they went out and actively looked for Japanese music to fit the games Genre, and hey AKB may well get it to sell better in Japan too! I expect Japanese to, as you say, to fit this games genre.....

from

12. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

LOL, imagine the AKB song popping up in the middle of the movie...and then a fan suddenly starts doing the mix.

Some kid's mom: "What the hell's that guy going on about?"

:p

13. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    perfume's polyrhythm was in cars 2. i guess disney's trying to go international.

still, skrillex is also doing a song for this movie so it's not as cool anymore. :D

14. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

LOL I think the average American movie goers would be pretty confuse to hear a Japanese song suddenly playing :lol:
    I'll have to try not to fangirl too much :inlove: :inlove:
    This is a great opportunity for them. I wonder if it will be include in future single later.

15. Stankovic

Stankovic Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    TeamJuri
    I'm wondering which members will actually sing it (I think most of the composition will be like what it is in team surprise right now, tons of senbatsu). It's another step forward for them to advertise AKB to the western. Hollywood is the real deal in entertainment world. I hope the song and ofc the movie itself can take the people's interest and they will later turn into exploring the AKB48 more.

idk lol, maybe i'll watch the movie at the ending part only to hear AKB's song :whistle:

16. drazaar

drazaar Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nagaomariya
    sounds good I haven't been to a disney movie in theater in a long time lol. Cool

17. ValentineDoe

ValentineDoe Kenkyuusei

I was already REALLY excited to see the movie, as I'm a huge Disney fan as well as a gamer. Now I'm 10x more excited to see it!

18. xKenbe

xKenbe Kenkyuusei

Bowser and Dr. Eggman! I'm so excited for this movie! OMG! :D

19. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

I will see this.

I want to wotagei in the theater but that might get me kicked out. orz

---

REALLY? O.O

---

Well if this song doesn't show up there I dunno what will. LOL

---

This summer I had went to the movies a lot with my friends from in high school who I hadn't seen in a year lol... I actually saw previews for this and I wanted to see it anyway. XD

20. lionheartedvalor

lionheartedvalor Kenkyuusei

Let's see if I can break out glow sticks without getting thrown out.

Was planning to see this movie originally, but now I'm even more excited. [clap]