[EVENT] 3rd Senbatsu Election (Final results: 9th June)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by aakun, Mar 29, 2011.

1. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

2. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    ^ been eagerly awaiting this [clap]

And a good read too! Thanks for doing this.

3. PoIyrhythm

PoIyrhythm Kenkyuusei

I have to know this....

What's that song that plays when Mayuyu and Yukirin go up on stage? :wtf:

That tiny snippet is kinda addictive.

4. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

^
    "Ren'ai circus" by Team B, it's on the new album.
    Team A members had "Overtake" and Team K had "Boku ni dekiru koto", also from the album.
    Iirc W Matsui had "Banzai Venus" playing.

5. PoIyrhythm

PoIyrhythm Kenkyuusei

Didn't listen to the album yet...but I was planning to buy it.....and now I KNOW I will be buying it.

Thanks for the info. :^O^:

6. oddball

oddball Member

:lol: Watching this all I wanted to see was some crazy Wota make a desperate lunge for the Suitcase, that would of been great! :XD:

7. dorkiilove

dorkiilove Kenkyuusei

In the new AKB to XX theres some footage of some of the girls ranking

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kIh3MfOOEM[/yt]

8. ET920

ET920 Member

So, I was reading an interview Yomiuri did to Aki-P. There are some pretty interesting points there (he cried when he heard Acchan's plea, the janken tournament was a fan's idea, etc), but the one that got me thinking was:

I wonder if Acchan's debut single was left after the senbatsu because he knew of the negative impact it would bring on her.

(Pasting this because Japanese links tend to disappear after a few months):

9. maxaroni

maxaroni Kenkyuusei

Well it was announced before and rumoured for months so I think it's just because everyone loves Acchan.

10. BlitzTs

BlitzTs Kenkyuusei

In the end it was him who decide to have Itano debut as a solo. :hmm:

11. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Aren't we already way past that outstrip the reality point? :lol:
    Only doom has not come yet, but it will eventually...

Thanks ET920 for great article link.

12. reddertar

reddertar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    I think he just brought out any possible reason he think of to explain Tomochin's drop except the real reason, her hardcore fans are not many and crazy than top7's

Her solo play a part by being so successful so she was expected by media to get higher rank even when she's already 8th.
    This led her fans didn't throw their votes as much as possible like the one who's expected to fall (ie. Kojiharu, Mariko). And she's end up 8th.

On the other hand, Acchan's solo and her election campaign were designed to help each other out. It was planned to give her advantage than her rival as much as possible and using the result to help her solo plan later.

Her movie gave her on TV almost everyday during election period. Her upcoming solo gave her many solo magazine covers starting at 1st day of election. Those were used to cement her no.1 spot, even it's most likely to be her anyway without those.

And when the result came out, they used it to advertise her solo as "the solo debut of #1 girl of AKB48"

13. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    About Tomochin - let's see how her 2nd single will span out. If there will significant sales figure drop then she's in real trouble. Otherwise I don't see her dropping out from Aki-P front girls radar in foreseeable future.

14. Akasan

Akasan Kenkyuusei

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ozuUZiTTkw[/yt]

Thought you guys might like this. I really like the last part and wish I knew what was said.

15. Jin

Jin Kenkyuusei

16. ohno

ohno Kenkyuusei

Statistics about the election were released: http://seijiyama.jp/investigation/inves ... akb48.html

• -The data comes from the CD post ballot questionnaire.
    • -505,505 people filled the questionnaire out of 779,090 votes submitted by CDs.
    • -Total votes were 1,166,145, meaning about 2/3 of the votes came from CDs.
    • -The number of CDs sold with voting tickets was 1million as of June 8th, which means about 78% of CD purchases were used to vote.
    • -1-3 is a chart showing the number of votes cast by date. May 25th had the most votes submitted. The last two days also had high voting counts.
    • -1-4 a chart showing the time of day people voted. 8PM-10PM had the highest congestion.
    • -2-1 shows gender and age demographics. 26.1% of voters said they were female while 70.9% of voters said they were male. The rest didn't answer. Age numbers show that most of AKB's fans are in their 10's and 20's.
    • -2-2 is a table showing the number of votes cast from the different regions in Japan compared to the total population in those regions.

17. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Well, this was interesting...MALE VOTERS!!!???

18. audiophile

audiophile Kenkyuusei

since the japan total is only 468781 of 505505 surveys completed
    some portion of the remaining 36724 votes are from outside of japan
    no wonder it's so hard to find other fans outside of forums...

19. ET920

ET920 Member

Wasn't 1,166,145 the total for the first 40 positions only, and not the whole total? I remember someone doing the count and getting a really similar number.

20. tritoch

tritoch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tsuzukirika
    I just watched the video again.

Jurina dropping to rank 14th was by design not by votes. Look where she is seating.. She's sitting ahead of Yuko and beside the center chair! ^^ Compared to Rena who is 10th, in the back row 2nd to the last, she's more visible in seat 14th.

I am not a hater. In fact, Jurina is my oshi.