[EVENT] AKB48 at Anime Expo 2010, Los Angeles

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by flagator21, Apr 28, 2010.

1. IANF826

IANF826 Kenkyuusei

There isn't a link for the Premiere. I just went through registration and it was one of my options for passes to Anime Expo. Here's a screenshot of it if it helps.
    [​IMG]

2. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

http://www.anime-expo.org/2010/02/17/an ... -now-open/

That's the best information I can find on the Premiere Fan thing. To get it, we'd have to stay at the "Anime Expo hotel block" (whatever that is) The site only provides a link to one hotel and it looks really expensive per person. Plus, the hotel is actually several blocks from the hotel.

http://www.anime-expo.org/registration/hotels/

Something like this could very well be hard to pull off for a lot of people. And that's assuming the perks are the same as last year.

Man, I really need more information before I can commit to any reservation beyond the 4-day pass which I think is pretty much a requirement.

EDIT: Dang, I got beat. But yeah, this Premiere Fan thing can be pricey. And then again, if my assumptions are correct, and this all entails the AKB concert and events...then it all becomes a matter of how badly do you want a good spot at the concerts and events.

Goodness, I wanna try not spending a lot for this trip...but I so wanna see AKB...:-(

3. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I am sincerely hoping the folks with AKB put some of their methods in place when it comes to priority for tickets, handshakes, meet and greet, etc. I have no idea what Paris was like, but I did go to AX and NYAF last year. AX was far more of a madhouse compared to New York. But I can totally envision 1000+ people clamoring for autograph tickets and management saying "We have 50!"

The good news is there is no way in hell the fanbase will fill the Nokia Theater, so I don't think getting to see the show will be much of an issue.

And another little tip if anyone involved is reading this. Bring enough goods so you don't sell out in 2 minutes, and the queuing method used in Japan will work just fine in LA. At least it will be better than what happened at the goods table at Webster Hall...

Although I must admit that was kinda fun :p

4. lordkyrie

lordkyrie Kenkyuusei

^
    Lol, the Kinokuniya madhouse in Webster's Hall Lobby...
    Everyone just snatched any pic they wanted, and pay later if they have enough honesty in them.

*puff* 2mins, all pics, gone !!! 8-}

Btw, TIPS for concert: research the formation/line-up for the singles to find out where your oshimen usually stand.
    Last time at NYAF, Haruna was pretty much more on the left side, and I stood on the right side of the stage, shouting my heart out to her.... :cry:

5. Jnas

Jnas Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    For those attending you my want to get there on day zero to pick up your pass and concert ticket. The way it worked last year was you had to wait in one line to pick up your pass then line up in another line to pickup your concert ticket. Seating was on first come first serve basis. If you want a good seat get there early. You were able to choose a row were you wanted to be seated but not a specific seat. I waited a total of 4 1/2 hrs. and got 10th row center for the MM concert last year. Some people waited over eight hours and got 3rd row center. The frustrating thing was other people had their friends pickup their passes while they stood in line for the concert tickets so both lines were already several hours long before before the place even opened up. The only good thing was the majority of those anime freaks would rather stand around and take pictures of each other instead of attending any of the concerts.
    Also I believe GOH are required to have at least 2 hrs dedicated to signing autographs [clap]

6. RT316

RT316 Kenkyuusei

wohoo. they're coming back!!!

hoping that more of the popular girls, say the ones who got voted in the top 20 (if only that was possible) can make it this time... wanted to see mariko and yuki at NY.

hopefully this will be better than NY. only 50 people gets an autograph (lucky for someon of us). no handshakes or have something you brought to sign? lip-sync and BINGO in english....

this should prove if AKB48 rules the world or just dominates japan....

7. immo

immo Kenkyuusei

Yeah, since I've hopped on to a plane to go see them, I hope to god that I actually get to see them or at least shake their hand or something -_-; It'll be rough if it doesn't happen.

So who's up for waiting hours in a line-up with me? :D

8. immo

immo Kenkyuusei

and side note: do we got a list of the girls that are gonna be there yet?

9. KoopaCandy

KoopaCandy Kenkyuusei

Well, snap, now I'm trying to figure out how to get there. >.> I swear, every time I swear I'm not going back to AX, they find a way to drag me back in. It was Morning Musume last year, and now this.

Something important: BRING SUNSCREEN AND WATER. The entire wait line for MoMusu was outside last year, and I was by myself, so I couldn't get out of line to get some. I was literally roasted. It's HOT in LA in the summer, folks!

I also REALLY recommend getting there and picking up your badge on Day Zero. Get there early in the morning, too. AX is the biggest con on the west coast for sure, possibly in the country. I got to the con at 6AM Friday morning last year and there was already a line. It's better to give yourself more time than you think you need at conventions, because if it isn't a huge wait, it's somebody being stupid and holding up the line.

Be sure to study the maps, too, as soon as you get them. You'll get an event schedule with your badge, and you're going to want to map out where all the signings and panels and stuff are. The con center is huge and really difficult to navigate, and knowing where everything is really helps a lot (it saved our butts at SakuraCon while trying to see Hangry&Angry, as well). This is another reason getting there on Day Zero helps; you can take your time and wander around the con, looking for all the places you're going to want to line up at later.

Man, I hope a list of attendees comes out soon. I don't have nearly enough time to plan for this...

10. IANF826

IANF826 Kenkyuusei

^What time did they start handing out the badges last year? You got there at 6AM, and if they are really handing them out at 3PM this year...that's one long wait.

11. immo

immo Kenkyuusei

I'm gonna be there day 0 to grab the badge. Is there still a huge ass wait? Cuz I'm flying in in the afternoon...

Thanks for the heads up, koopa, I woulda been burnt like toast if not...

Quick question for people in LA: is the nokia theatre in the convention centre? Or is it far away somewhere else? It would seem logical that its at the convention centre but you never know, right?

12. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Nokia is across the street from LACC.

I have seen some YT videos from Day 0 last year, of the long line to pick up badges. That $125 Premier badge sounds very tempting right now. [think]

13. RT316

RT316 Kenkyuusei

Day 0 last year wasn't too bad. got there at like 9am and it was a decent line-up.

it's the autograph line-up where you have to get there early. got there at 5am on the last session. and i was like within the first 50 people....

14. Des-LAW

Des-LAW Kenkyuusei

Maybe they won't want to step foot in LA again, and rather go to NY again when visiting the states! YAY!

15. immo

immo Kenkyuusei

So most of the time we'll be lining up, huh? FAAAAAAAAWK.

But this might be my one and only chance to see them in North America. Dunno when I'll be able to head over to Japan again...

16. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

I'm just glad to hear all the Main Event activates are at Nokia. This might save us first timer "baking in the sun" of last year, from what I have read. [party]

17. ripete

ripete Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    AKB48 tickets are available now on the AX registation page. $15 if you get a 4 day pass. $30 if you get 1 or 2 day pass.

18. immo

immo Kenkyuusei

aaaaand. I've just bought myself the AKB48 ticket :p Should I do the premiere fan thing? Damnit, with the hotel its crazy. who's hotel-ing it by the way? Any other girls?

19. ripete

ripete Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I was gonna do the Premier ticket thing but I got a better deal with my flight and hotel package(Travelocity) than with AX block plus i'm in the same hotel as last year so in my comfort zone LOL

20. IANF826

IANF826 Kenkyuusei

Do you really have to stay at a hotel in order to get the Premier Badge? The Expo is only about 15 minutes from where I am, so I don't need a hotel. But, I want that Premier Badge for it's benefits.