Failed push; really ?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by lionel90, May 27, 2015.

1. rabyo

rabyo Kenkyuusei

Eh But I surprise AKS put only Paruru as new-gen co-perform Kaze wa fuite iru with old member when at Tokyo dome 2012.

2. figulou

figulou Kenkyuusei

I like these member especially Nagisa, and yes i give them some time i don't hate them. But honestly in my opinion , their push is very huge, Muto Tomu had zero push and she is in senbatsu ,Mogichan future girl too . In senbatsu they have a great screentime Ryoha etc... For now their push work a little. Owada Nana is in MG4,Sailor Zombie, pushed in team B, DDchu ,tv show appearance same for Nagisa&Ryoha. And the age isn't an excuse i think fans decide. And you can't know if they have had their votes by themselves.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  3. akbsnsd

akbsnsd Kenkyuusei

Compared to others in their groups, they were outclassed by the same newbies. Miion beat naanya. Ryoha got outranked by miyame ami. Nagisa ranked but should have been higher. Why couldnt naanya and ryoha rank like ami and miion? Those two got less and did better. Just an observation.

4. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

age is a valid "excuse". most of the fans just won't get serious about kids. I think most of the SSK rankers are 15+ years old, so NakoMiku and other young members still have 1-3 years before we can judge their success.

5. figulou

figulou Kenkyuusei

Ok, age is an excuse but in the other hand we can give a lot of example. Sakura,Mayuyu,Jurina. I know Jurina was in center directly but she was again a baby. And i haven't another name^^But, maybe Acchan,Takamina,Tomochin,Minegishi they were baby and they are really popular.

6. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

all these examples are too few in the big picture. besides they are orimens, which give them an advantage and it was different back in the day, when members were few (Mayu, Jurina).

7. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I'm not arguing about them being pushed or not. All members you mentioned are pushed, it's a fact. But the problem is calling them "failed" when they actually show some results... 13,000 or 14,000 or 16,000 votes is not really failed. They're so young, and they debuted only 2-3 years ago (2 years for Naanya-Ryoha and almost 3 years or so for Nagisa). For Naanya she has never been in AKB senbatsu (16-members), but she got pushed in b-side, and then Sailor Zombie (those were all before 2014 elections though) and then DDMC who just started. Nagisa has been in NMB senbatsu, and Ryoha was (double) center for a single, and both have TTMC since 1-2 years. But it takes time to build a fandom and bring a huge amount of votes. It's too early to consider any of them "failed".

Members like Tomu are exceptions, really. Not many girls will reach senbatsu without having big push... Tomu or Shibata Aya are exceptions, you can't expect all girls to have strong fandoms without help from management. Almost all popular members became popular thanks to management giving them opportunities first, it's normal. If some girls get super popular by themselves, great! But it doesn't mean management will just sit and wait. It's normal to push girls and then wait for results little by little. It takes more than 2 years to have a super strong fandom, it's the same for other popular girls.

Nagisa ranked but "should have been higher"? I don't really understand the logic... I think she received a good amount of votes and it's a good result.

Miion/Ami fans probably vote a lot more because they have something to prove. Naanya/Ryoha are the ones who are slightly more favored. Naanya or Ryoha fans know that even if the girls rank low, management will still push them. I do think this has an effect on how much they receive votes. But now that both ranked (and not so high) "maybe" their fans will worry about them falling from ranks next year, and they'll actually vote a lot more.

Btw for information, the lower half members who ranked in elections have very little difference in votes. Just a comparison:

Ryoha: 14,674 votes. Ami: 18,245 votes. Difference of 4000 votes or so.
    Naanya: 13,685 votes. Miion: 18,392 votes. Difference of 5000 votes or so.

They might be separated by many ranks but the actual amount of votes isn't that much different. Is this a good reason to give up on Ryoha/Naanya, or consider them failed while Ami/Miion are successful? I don't think so. Ami/Miion have better results, true. But it's not like their success means no other girl should get pushed/chances (also, Ami/Miion are pushed as well, even if it's different than Ryoha/Naanya). Elections are very competitive and lower ranks are all so close to each other in votes. I think in this situation, management will pay attention to the amount of votes rather than only the "rank".

8. rabyo

rabyo Kenkyuusei

in fact AKB have less 48 members and AKB don't get poupular at all In the past.(2005-2009)
    I thought some new members of AKBG have outside job although they will just Debut 1-3 years because AKBG got popular now(2010-2015).

9. nathan_drake

nathan_drake Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I dunno, why do people want to see instant result. just reminds me when Renacchi/Annin/Ricchan pushed together in 2012/2013, only Ricchan/Annin who ranked and Renacchi unranked. many people sya Renacchi's failed push but now she get a good result, no one who say she's failed push again.
    I think some members like Naanya has made a progress, maybe just need a time.

10. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

What about Haruppi? Could one consider her not making senbatsu this time around as a failed push? I mean she centered Hikaeme... wcentered 12 Seconds and they were kinda playing up the whole Sakuruppi thing in photoshoots IMO. Not too mention almost every pre-election prediction that I saw expected her to make top 16. And for me personally... I really started to feel a Senbatsu or Bust vibe in regards to her current momentum this past year.

The only thing that makes me feel otherwise is that in the official guidebook I think management picked her to be 17th... which is exactly where she ended up, so IMO management still sees her as a UG frontliner. But even so... IMO another year on the bench just gives the likes of Kojimako, Rena Kato and the rest of the management favs time to catch up.

11. nathan_drake

nathan_drake Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    same as Yuria, many predict she and Haruppi will make senbatsu this year lol.
    I expect she should make senbatsu this time (or last year). she got a lot of push in SKE (as next ace) and after transferred to AKB, her push more massive than other AKB newgen but already 6 year, she still in UG+lost many votes

12. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Nagisa is actually doing great by NMB standards. Someone's talking about how Miion beqt Naanya and Anmi beat Ryoha, while Nagisa's counterpart in this case is Shu and she beat Shu. And she can also be classified as Ryoha's counterpart and she also beats Ryoha. So i say no, she's not a failed push. She managed to get that rank with a push but not as big as RyohAmni's WCenter exposure and NaanyaMion's publicity

13. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    It might be too soon to call Haruppi's a failed push. We have to remember she didn't make senbatsu by less than a thousand votes, beaten by a girl that no one really expected to rise to Senbatsu? For Higher Undergirls and Lower Senbatsu, 700 is not a lot, and for two members that high to be this close you can't say one of them failed. And she did make it to Undergirls Center. I think she's a Senbatsu lock for next year, her fanbase already pumped up to vote more and make her rise. Tomu might get a push in exchange for her impressive rank, but she might drop back to Undergirls if she doesn't make good use of that push.

14. kinakomochi

kinakomochi Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

^ As a Tomu oshi... I think that's fair. I like them both, but have to say Tomu's Senbatsu placing was a surprise to even her fans. And the margin of victory was close enough that for all intents and purposes, they're equally matched. It could go either way, but Haruppi's fans will have this close shave as inspiration to fuel an upset next year...

15. M4YUYU

M4YUYU Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu
    I doubt she'll get a substantial push even with her rank. A high rank in SSK never guarantees any change in opportunities given. AKB48 has had a few high profile events and promotions this summer and Tomu has not been included in any over members like Yuria, Juri, Haruppi, etc. I think it's clear where she is in the hierarchy and Haruppi has a higher priority than her so far this summer. Of course Tomu will be in the 41st single promotion cycle because she's in senbatsu, but Haruppi can still sub in performances.

I will consider Tomu getting greater opportunities if she's included in the next management-selected 16 senbatsu. If not, it'll be the same as last year. Her chance to be a staple senbatsu member is slim, but I don't think it's so bad to be where she is right now.

16. Chuu

Chuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    sorry loling at some people

Nakkii beat Mion, Naanya, Ryoha and Nagisa, they are all failure, Nakkii is the next ace

Mogi also passed Naanya, didn't you guys knew Mogi, she is more known than Naanya ppfftt

and Tomu is senbatsu beat other 12th gens, I mean look at Juri she is such a failure. She doesn't deserve her push, just give it to someone else already

why other girls place should be a reason for : "why some girls are failed push"
    and sousenkyo is not everything pls

17. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    I've most followed Team B because of my oshimen and that includes the pushed youngsters. I can agree with @Chuu above but not complete. Naanya and Sayaya can be something but they need some more years, they are mostly only cute now and not so much more. More push is useless now. Maachun and Juri. Tbh, they are boring. Zero charisma. I'm not surprised over Maachuns drop and I think Juri has reached her peak. More push as making her captain may not work. Nakkii. She really deserves her rise. She's fun, so full of happiness that it bubbles out of her. Energic, in Hashire Penguin she jumps higher than all the other girls. It's easy to notice her even if she don't get any push.

18. Firstky

Firstky Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nishikawa Rei
    Twitter:
    Firstky_
    for now,
    I think SKE48 most Pushed Member is Goto Rara
    her dance position at Mae no Meri is making me shocked

19. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    IMO, is too early to call Rara as a failed push.

20. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

I've only noticed Rara the other day when I was watching their performance at the Tokyo Idol Festival, she was centering Escape, I believe, and I was very impressed by her performance and immediately fell in love with her. I was very pleased to find out that they are actually giving her some attention. Lately, there have been too many girls who get all the possible spotlight because of their appearance or God knows what, while so many interesting personalities and great performers hardly get even the tiniest bit of recognition.

• Like Like x 1