[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    I don't think so. Her popularity built up now in the public really comes from her image as an actress in dramas and movies. Also being the new rising CM queen helped her gain lots of good recognition.

No one really asks her or bring up the iwate incident anymore other than 48G fans to reference things.

• Agree Agree x 10
  2. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    I think, Iwate incident also contribute, that was play big factor on recognition side, take look on Iriyama Ana.

I dont deny Ricchan current activites, of course those also playing big factor. That's why I said Avex push. She has good promotions from agency. And she is capable, so she doing well. If she not good enough, she would be a giant meme rightnow, like public did to Gouriki few years ago.

She is almost on same phase as Yamamoto Mizuki two year ago, CM queen, appear on drama, co-mc, etc. Just need a lead role on high profile project to be one of A-list. Yamamoto did it with Peach Girl. Still waiting for Ricchan's chance.

It's not a negative toward her regocnition rate anyway. Just analyze.

Like, how ordinary person will react if they saw Ricchan rank above current A-list names like Hirose Suzu, HashiKan and Masami?

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  3. sc89

sc89 Member Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    Yamamoto Ayaka
    The more well-known you are, the more difficult it is to keep the interest of a large proportion of people who know you. Also with how the x-axis and y-axis are scaled differently, difference in interest is simply more noticeable than difference in recognition in the graph. So I wouldn't say Ricchan's outrank those big names because they are all more well-known than Ricchan is currently.

The most significant thing in Ricchan's success is how she breaks away from AKB members' usual pattern of 'move down while move right' (i.e. getting more well-known but not getting as many new fans as before). She successfully maintains or even improves her ratio of interest while garnering more recognition. Rena seems to be able to do that as well. Paruru too - she was following the AKB pattern before graduation, though this year both her recognition rate and interest ratio improved. But Ricchan's doing the best of them all as of now. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Doflamingo

Doflamingo Member

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    i never heard anymore people talk about the incident after Ricchan graduated from AKB...what she got today is pure because her hard work and support from her agency
    even now people also didn't see AKB name again inside her, only Kawaei Rina the actress

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    I don't agree with this either. The iwate incident itself has no contributing factor at all to their success (recognition) today.

No one ever goes..."Ohhhh that's the girl who almost got killed in that AKB hs event, yeah they got famous because of that"

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    It depends on how the survey was run. They approach someone on the street and show a picture with a name. If the question is "do you recognize this person?" then one answer is "Ohhhh that's the girl who almost got killed in that AKB hs event" Note that the question didn't ask if they were famous, so you are correct that no one would add "yeah they got famous because of that."

I don't think the question was asked of only people in their 20s.

7. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    It was national sensation, ppls might forgot the incident, but their face was everywhere and 'it help' them to introduce their face to more wider public. Ppls who dont watch entertainment on regular basis but read news. So when she or he watch asadora and saw Ricchan right there, it's like a recall "aah... I think I know her, but who is she again?"

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. AKB4846

AKB4846 Kenkyuusei

Billboard JAPAN includes international sales

43rd 君はメロディー 1,470,789
    44th 翼はいらない 2,507,403
    45th LOVE TRIP/しあわせを分けなさい 1,412,112
    46th ハイテンション 1,469,811
    ----- サムネイル 695,063
    47th シュートサイン 1,353,450
    48th 願いごとの持ち腐れ 2,649,234
    49th #好きなんだ 1,493,543
    50th 11月のアンクレット 1,533,025
    51st ジャーバージャ 1,247,914

• Informative Informative x 5
  9. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    I don’t really see it as a gori oshi type of situation. I mean just look at her social media following.

10. Naaruru

Naaruru Upcoming Girls

Akashiya Kouhaku 180430 AKB part

11. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    I wonder if Zukki is going to become a big push. Surprised they put her on here and gave her screen time. She's cute.

12. Mikansei

Mikansei Kenkyuusei

bakawaei :worthy:
    lol at mayuyu, didn't she just started her career as an actress :hehe:

13. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

More than 2.5 million copies for the SSK singles (and Negaigoto selling more than Tsubasa)!!

No wonder they don’t seem too bothered by the SG sales to do something drastic, they basically recover that with one single a year.

14. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

But Avex, Universal and Sony want to at least make some profit with the sister groups otherwise it's a whole heap of admin and effort used to support these groups that could be used elsewhere. And AKS wouldn't want the loss of prestige of having a group dropped from a major label (again).

15. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Yeah, but do the labels work that closely with the groups?

Like, I imagine they are in charge of producing, promoting and selling the singles/albums, but everything else (theatre, tours, etc.) falls under AKS?
    I really have no idea.

The sales of the SG are still good sales if we don't hold them up to the 4846 standard.

Morning Musume would be happy to sell 150k of a single (and let's not talk about the other HP groups), and all the SG are doing that just fine.
    If the labels see they can get decent sales with almost minimal promotion (NMB, NGT and HKT latest singles), then why bother with more?

I assume the groups have other means to make money apart from those anyway (merchandise, CMs, tour, theatre...).
    Selling singles doesn't seem to be their end game. If so, HKT wouldn't have gone from November '11 to March '13 without releasing one.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. ABF48

ABF48 Member

bakawaei gori oshi, so tired of seeing avex pushing her non stop.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  17. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    Single sales are just a piece of it. But considering how little the girls get paid, running a sister group is not much cost compared to what they bring in.

• Like Like x 2
    • Old Old x 1
  18. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
  19. natsunishi

natsunishi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iriyama Anna
    the first is about a 14yo candidate girl saying "you won't have a future if you join to akb", and keeps on talking about how acchan and yuko, who were the most well-known faces in the group are barely on tv anymore.
    "There's no stable future (after quitting the group); Maeda Atsuko and Oshima Yuko, who were so popular during the golden days of AKB are hardly ever seen on television nowadays. Only a handful of them (the graduated members) is lucky enough to stay relevant after leaving the group. Even NMB's member Akarin is complaining about how hard it is." - or smth along these lines.

I'm not sure about the second link, however what i understood is that it's basically impossible to graduate from akb if your name is Yukirin, Sayanee or Sasshi

• Like Like x 2
  20. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    I am too lazy to read the content, but the second one headline says that: The graduation that will shake 48G the most right now is not Yukirin nor Sayanee, it's Sasshi.