[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  2. Mr. Take It Easy

Mr. Take It Easy Kenkyuusei

ˆ not available in the US that’s for sure :(

3. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Not here in the UK either (basically it's just 'Sugar Rush' plus the 'Set List Greatest Songs 2006-2007' album).

4. Tommy Idoc

Tommy Idoc Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    Wow, the flavor really jumped out; I love bopping to Sugar Rush and Miyazawa Sae's version of Aitakatta

5. Valdore

Valdore Kenkyuusei

Got pretty much nothing in Spotify Canada. But I have been able to listen to the Sakamichi groups.

6. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    True fans only listen to 20 different version of Aitakatta solo line

• Winner Winner x 4
  7. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

8. ZenigameX

ZenigameX Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
  9. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    9th gen 10th anniversary clip.

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    Okay but why do they keep performing their old song? Is that the TV request or management decision? I mean I know those songs are iconic but they didn't stop releasing music after 2015

11. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    December Net Shop shooting on 9/30/2019

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    I honestly hope its the TV PD's request and not by the management. Like sad it may be, I can understand.

I just hope management can bargain next time to at least make it a mix of old and new songs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    I feel like repeatedly turning to older songs to perform suggests a lack of managerial confidence in newer AKB songs. Playing the greatest hits instead. Aitakatta and Flying Get are weird choices especially in lieu of the fact that the very LATEST AKB single was steeped to the neck in nostalgia and managed to be both new AND sound like classic AKB. . . And sold like hot melon pan.

Also playing Aitakatta after scrapping AKBingo is just rubbing salt in our wounds.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I also think (and hope) it's the Tv programs asking them to sing these older songs, because at least then we know the reason why. If that's the case, then idk if it's a good thing or a bad thing for AKB... in one side it's good that they would still get invited to perform older songs, even if they're old songs, at least it shows that they have many hits that people want to hear again. but in another side it's not good for the current AKB that they can't even get to perform old song + new song. Like if a show wants them to perform KFC, ok but why not perform a new song along with it? They used to do this before, performing their new singles and sometimes Heavy Rotation along with it. But now seeing them perform only older songs isn't a very good sign... but also not that bad since they could not be invited at all (in the case where it's the Tv programs who want these songs and nothing else).

If this is management's choice then I would be confused though like if they can make AKB perform 2 songs then at least pick one new song along with an old song. But I really doubt it's management's choice so yeah... I wish they tried to make them perform medleys maybe so at least they can include some new songs in it...

But I have to say this year has been complicated though so it makes things worse. AKB only released 2 singles and both centers graduated... Although Moeka is still there but it looks like they're avoiding to have her in anything since her graduation announcement, the Sustainable live at FNS was the only time she appeared with AKB since her graduation announcement. I think it's a bit of a waste not to make them perform Sustainable at all but well. They won't perform their 2 singles of this year anywhere. But I wonder why they can't perform Aisuru Hito again? it's a nice song with a beautiful melody... Yes it's a ballad, but why not? I would like it more if they performed this song at shows (and Kouhaku) along with some older songs, than just performing older songs. and I think the japanese public could like it, the reaction to the Aisuru Hito live was good, they appreciate nice songs and lyrics. Why not make them perform one old song along with Aisuru Hito at every show that they go, until the next single...

Anyway hopefully they announce the next single soon because they really need it. They better have more than 2 singles in 2020 too... and with good songs that they will get to perform...

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  15. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Performing a song that isn't available anywhere is a problem in itself. As for Sustainable at FNS, I believe it was recorded before Moeka graduation announcement.

I am not even sure if it's actually Manageemnt or Moeka('s parent) wish that she didn't get to appear.

16. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    Sustainable is the type of song that AKB performs on music shows. And just like in the past, they don't need the center to perform a single, they can pick basically anyone. I'm actually quite sure it's always been the TV request, though the management might have a bit say of it too, but currently they don't have that kind of leverage like they did in the past.

17. Dragonkiller12012

Dragonkiller12012 Kenkyuusei

When it comes to AKB48 not performing Aisuru Hito more on TV I think it may be a sign that the song could be in consideration for their next A-side. Or it'll be the main B-side on their next single and they don't want it to become popular enough to eclipse the A-side so they're choosing not to perform it even if the opportunity arises. As for when we could likely expect them to announce AKB's next single I'd guess some point during the upcoming Request Hour event is the earliest we'll get it. I'd also not expect the single itself to come out until at least mid February.

As far as performing only oldies on certain shows I would not be surprised if it is in fact a combination of factors. Don't some of the stations holding these year end specials take fan requests throughout the year into consideration when deciding what the artists perform in addition to the influence of how positive a relationship each artist's management has with the station?

And I recall reading that they keep their eyes on feedback of what is currently or still popular when deciding on stuff for shows focused on a theme like "all current hits" or "solid oldies" ~ They also seem to be very unconcerned with putting on shows that are a good mix of old and new in my experience from looking at the lists of what has been performed at most of year end specials over the years. This often makes it a real treat when they break away from what can generally be considered a run of the mill "as expected" set-list. Kohaku in particular for being such a coveted thing to be on usually has little worth watching because of how expected it all is.

18. Mana

Mana Under Girls

FNS was live, I just checked and some performances don't have the "LIVE" on top left (I guess they were pre-recorded), but most of them have it including AKB's performance, so yes it's live, and tbh I was surprised that they performed Sustainable LOL it's like the only Sustainable performance of the past 2 months or so. Here's a screenshot with the "LIVE" on it:

001.png

19. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Oricon released it's annual ranking, and AKB48 monopolise the top 2 spots
    N°1: Sustainable with 1,410 million of copies
    N°2: Jiwaru days with 1,309 million of copies

Moreover it's their 10th consecutive year (Since Beginner release) of winning the yearly ranking with (at least) top 2 spots.
    https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2151599/full/

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    Changing the topic, but just wanted to talk about the terrible situation that was Saturday's women only Team B stage.

Don't get me wrong, the stage and the members were great. The problem is, the stage didn't sell out and that is despite offering same day tickets on top of the usual ticket center applications. By the time entrance lottery has started (which included ticket winners, all cancel machi winners who showed up and same day ticket sales) there were less than 190 tickets sold. In case any people showed up last minute, there might have been a few more, but probably still below 200. Even the last group of people to get in was able to get seats (last row on the sides), in the end the seats were more or less filled and first row of standing was filled too but standing only went up to 2nd row in the middle, and only one row on the sides. I have never seen the theater this empty before and honestly, it got me worried.

So of course this wouldn't have happened if it was a regular (not women only) performance, but I've been to a few women only performances before and they've all been sold out. Maybe the problem is that it was the second women only Team B stage in less than 2 months, so if they picked a different team, the sales might have been better. Maybe it's because of all the flu and also people going away for the holidays. Who knows. But I felt pretty bad for the girls who had to perform in the theater which was only two thirds full. At least the fans who did show up were very supportive, the calls were louder than it's usual for women's stages or even some normal stages, and it ended up being a nice performance anyways.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 4