[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. wlerin

wlerin Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    It suppose does depend a lot more on the member, but I agree with @innosu that the self-shot photos have been much better on average than the usually pretty generic, uninspired, and overly processed studio shot ones. I hope they continue releasing on occasion them after the pandemic.

I'm pretty sure the staff responsible for approving them is the reason for the lack of full-length shots, Seichan has had quite a few in her photo rolls that didn't make it to the final selection.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. David61

David61 Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    News of a HADO AR sports competition involving a Yuunamogion vs Nakanishi Team battle on 3/6:
    https://encount.press/archives/142463/

Screenshot 2021-02-20 at 10.03.45.jpg

The Nakanishi Team consists of Chori, Shiichan, Hiina and Nanase, almost the same four who have been competing against Yuunamogion in recent episodes of Nemousu TV (where Missaa took part instead of Nanase). The event will be broadcast live on the video distribution service Hikari TV. Official website with team videos:
    https://hado-official.com/akb48wars/

Yuunamogion Team

Nakanishi Team

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Mana

Mana Upcoming Girls

Koisuru Fortune Cookie has now been played 200 million times on Youtube!

Congrats AKB! <3

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. iainus

iainus Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    That's so. . . depressing. Music like any art form is subjective, but god damn I would rather gouge out my own eyes than listen to that obnoxious played-to-death six years ago nonsense ever again. It'd certainly be less fucking excruciating. As would a simultaneous unlubricated prostate exam and root canal surgery.

Thanks so much, Aki-P, for dropping that sloppy maggot infested dog turd of a song unto the world. Good job.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Mana

Mana Upcoming Girls

I have to say I'm not a big fan of Koisuru Fortune Cookie too, but it's their biggest song obviously and usually when they perform it, the other celebrities or audiences seem really happy, dancing along etc. I appreciate the song for this, but at the same time it's not my type of song at all LOL Either way it's a great achievement for the group! Heavy Rotation will probably achieve the 200 million plays too although it might take time, it's at 163 million now. The other music videos are under 100 million. if 365 had the full MV on Youtube, it would have high views but they never uploaded the full song. The short version of the MV has 20 million and there's an unofficial upload of the full audio with 60 million.

6. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Rank 81-100 (Temporary Name)

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    I admit, I didn't like KFC when it was first performed in music shows.

After some time though, since the choreo was fun and easy to dance along to, its pretty much a gateway for non fans to enjoy AKB.

I still love Hebirote (and other AKB and SKE songs) more but KFC really did boost AKB.

Speaking of 365, its really stupid of AKB management not to capitalize on its popularity more. At the very least, they should have uploaded the full PV when its clear it was such a hit.

7. Mana

Mana Upcoming Girls

Sometimes I really don't understand AKB's management, like why didn't they upload the full version of 365 considering it was an OST for an asadora, it was obviously going to have some popularity so they should have prepared for it and make a great MV that they would upload in full. But no they just uploaded the short version and moved on... Even until now they're still uploading short versions of music videos and I don't understand why, I checked and groups like Nogi upload all their b-sides MV in full on their official channel and it's available worldwide.

I said it before but there's also the case of Saikyou Twintail which became very popular on TikTok (the source of many big hit songs nowadays) and instead of reacting right away and 1) upload the full MV on Youtube and 2) make the group perform the song anywhere they can (back then the center Moeka was still in the group, same with all the other new gen pushes in senbatsu of this song), they did absolutely nothing and let it go. There's still only an upload of the short version on Youtube and that's all... They really love to waste opportunities :/

The short version of the MV has 1,9 million views and 24,000 likes in Youtube which is a LOT for a b-side of recent years.

Most japanese comments there are about TikTok. Actually a lot of people from TikTok still don't even know that this song is from AKB because AKB never tried to promote it even when it became popular :S with the attention it received, they could have made them perform it on TV or something. it's really frustrating to waste opportunities when AKB needs it so much.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Rank 81-100 (Temporary Name)

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    It feels that AKB and all other JP48G gave up on trying to appeal to non-fans.

Like they are contented with the money they are getting from fans and just squeezing any relevance earned from the past.

Its frustrating.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Mana

Mana Upcoming Girls

Just saw this translation from a japanese article:

Aki-P on Koisuru Fortune Cookie: "Sasshi hated it and even cried. She wanted an upbeat song, like Acchan’s and Yuko’s, that made it easy for fans to call her name, but she got a slow one. She flat out told me: ‘Why did you give me such a shit song.’ Thankfully, Koisuru Fortune Cookie became a huge hit around the world. It’s only then that Sasshi started saying: ‘I asked Aki to write that one.’"

:lol:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I don't know about you, but I watch YT more than listen to it. KFC is a lot of fun: "What's Up Japan!," cross dressers, pro-wrestlers, taxi drivers, ordinary people and students dancing, and my favorite, Yuko mugging for the camera. And that's not including all the videos made by companies like Samantha Thavasa and children in daycare.

Don't tell me that 365 is more fun to watch than KFC.

New Topic:
    Satopii's birthday.

Tatsuya Makiho's graduation.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. JPN48

JPN48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    渡辺麻友 / 宮脇咲良
    I actually love KFC (yes, both of them), it's not hard to decipher why it becomes so famous: the song itself is easy-listening and catchy, the dance is so simple that everyone can dance along, the MV is a lot of fun. When it comes to my favorite, it isn't, and I like Heavy Rotation better for example, but I still can accept KFC everytime it plays.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Another birthday: Omori Maho

And Muto Tomu

And the 15th Anniversary

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Reveen

Reveen Upcoming Girls

Thats been pretty much my thinking for a couple of years. Under the old Aki-p led AKS it seemed like Akb were always striving for something, whether it was for more public recognition, bigger concerts, whatever. But it seems like under the post-2014 AKS they were content to cut costs and milk the wota for easy money.

14. LarcKen

LarcKen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Taguchi Manaka
    Maybe the simple answer is just that Akimoto are just bored with AKB. It's late but maybe it's a good idea to change the producer. Better late than never thingy

• Like Like x 1
  15. David61

David61 Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    The schedule of slots for 3/13 has now been released:
    https://akb.kingrecords.co.jp/images/57th-akb48-online-0313-schedule.pdf

There'll be just 3 slots that day, all in the evening. All members in Teams A/K/B/4 will take part apart from Annin, Miichan and Naachan. In Team 8, only Akari, RinRin, YuiYui, Odaeri and Naru will have slots. There'll be no sister group members, it appears that it'll be an AKB-only event.

16. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    You’re so right about management not capitalizing on that bc I literally didn’t even know that happened.

17. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Upcoming Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    田野優花、込山榛香
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I get that people are annoyed at how overplayed KFC is, but it's genuinely a fun song. When it comes on shuffle while I play music, I still sing and dance along. It's been one of my favourite singles for quite a while and I still like it. My only issue is that recent songs don't get as much performance time.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Reveen

Reveen Upcoming Girls

Whatever one thinks about KFC it'll never be as bad as Kokoro no Placard

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. wlerin

wlerin Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    It's not just about it being overplayed. I still love Heavy Rotation for example, but I never liked KFC. It was and is an annoying song to listen to, which just makes how overplayed it is that much more grating.

But yes, at least it's not KnP
    Or KnBMB

20. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Upcoming Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    田野優花、込山榛香
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Not their worst song but definitely one of their most boring songs.