[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

AkiP must be literally sleeping on a bed made of money.

8 of the Top 10 best selling singles are his.

And Keyaki being in that ranking within a year of their debut is just... :eek:

2. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Aki-P actually sleeps on a waterbed filled with idol's tears, on top of a bed frame made of money... :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  3. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Another way of looking at it is that the more money AKS makes, the more people can be kept in employment. For example at a 2-shot event there are 3 staff members plus one OJS48 security person in each lane, and there are over 100 lanes, and I doubt that they all work a full 12-hour day so there must be shift changes. That's not counting the staff manning the information booth and the pop-up cafe, and also the security staff checking everyone as they enter the hall. Even then, that's still not including the people involved in setting up all the barriers and partitions in each lane plus the tables. I'm sure that there are yet more people involved besides those who I've mentioned.

4. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Yes, you can say that AKB is actually the reason why the Japan stock market still hasn't crashed down for the past 5 years.

Just kidding

===============================

Real talk here

This guy is killing it! He deserves to be famous! Go subscribe to his channel.

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  5. budhi.waspodho

budhi.waspodho Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murayamayuiri
    ^
    That is very refreshing. I think that guy is wearing Bima Satria Garuda's mask.

6. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Well, it seems that Mako made an announcement to join Sun Music talent agency on her showroom. I don't really know what to make of it, probably to try keep her in AKB so they let her join another agency? Will we see other members find their own agency? Personally I can't see AKS letting go Sakura, Miion, and Naachan, but other members?

7. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    AKS was never meant to be a talent management agency. At least not long term. But then agencies stopped signing 48G members. Presumably market saturation, or maybe AKS stepped on some toes some how. Matters not, end result was the same. AKS had to take up a mantel they never wanted.

I don't know what is bringing on this new round of agency signing, Jurina a bit ago and now Makotin, but I would be surprised if it ended with with these two.

And if AKS was willing to let Jurina go with an external agency, anybody else not already with one is fair game.

8. Rurouni

I don't know if it was external agency that didn't want AKB talent or AKS simply felt that they want more control of AKB members. Probably a combination of both. Handling almost 300 members + all of AKB events are probably a bit too much for AKS. If it is simply about other agency didn't want 48G talents but now start to be interested again in it, they probably would try to sign Sakura.

9. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

I think its more of AKS not willing to letting the girls signed to agencies. Agencies were trying to snatch the popular girls like Ricchan or Ayachan up right after their graduations includign the big ones, there at least should be demand for the popular girls. Its impossible that there's no demand for girls like Sakura, Haruppi, Mion, Naachan etc.

They are heading towards the right direction, I think we should expect more agency announcements now

10. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I think you're thinking along the right lines. It may well be that they saw how much money they could make from the girls in fees and endorsements. Those girls you named are constantly in Gravure mags, that alone mush rake in mucho cash.

Even less popular members like Iwata Karen, Morikawa Ayaka got signed up straight after they graduated.

If there are more signings to come I just wish they'd do a big agency announcement on stage like they did at Saitama Super Arena waaaay back when.

11. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    I doubt we will ever see mass agency transfer similar to that of the previous years in the near future. Talent agencies seems not to be inclined in acquiring idols or former idols who will be competing in the same fanbase as that of the former senbatsu members. Its difficult to market this type of entertainers when they are up against more popular and highly entrenched talents with padded work portfolio. Producer or executives usually include idols in hope of drawing the wota crowd to the audience and they are more likely to choose the established ones. It will probably take some time until the popular graduated members go up the ladder (or age to more popular roles) before talent agencies sees the need to add more to their list.

Signing up to talent agencies usually signals the type of work an idol/entertainer wishes to undertake due to the nature of specialization (contacts or work relations) this agencies has. AKS seems to have mastered the art of logistics and management for this concept of theirs and has enough experience and personnel to put it into practice. Unless otherwise advise, I don't think they will let go of their ward. Its either they were pressured by other agencies or they're witless in how to help their talent achieve their goal.

PS. Sun Music is really loaded. Damn they're good in handling the debacle with Becky.

12. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Mayuki and Sayanee scheduled on a NHK music show Utacon on Feb 7, 19:30 JST

[​IMG]

13. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Anyone remember that stage AKB was supposed to get for having the most ranking girls in the election?

Seems like management doesn't.

14. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Probably coming out right before SSK lol

15. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    AKB has picked up two stages since last SSK, Boku no Taiyo revival and that Kojiharu Produced stage. Not new original stages, but that was particular was not part of the bargain. Either of the stages can reasonably be argued, by management, as the one the group earned from SSK2016.

Is it what you wanted? Probably not. It is what we got, though.

16. tix28

tix28 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    hi!just want to ask how many variety shows does sasshi have as a regular mc or guest?

17. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Did they not promise an original stage? I thought I remembered being excited at that.

18. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    They promised a "special stage", not an actual new stage, also can mean a "special show", a one shot show...

19. Rurouni

My expectation for that was an original stage with new songs that the original members will consist of those that are ranked in SSK. Special stage without new songs is probably more realistic. I'm thinking that if they announce it around this time, it could be a nice replacement for BnT revival stage.
    BnT was created because teams are lacking in members, thus they create a non team stage while Kojiharu stage was created so that Kojiharu could perform more (since I believe that stage is performed following Kojiharu schedule).
    Anyway, we also haven't heard about the under girls MC(?) competition which people will vote using their SSK code. Also earlier Team 4 parlour trick thing was canceled. They should only tell about a program/event if they already have a concrete plan and hopefully a real schedule instead of over promising. I think the recent concerts are good but maybe next time they should inform the performer earlier so they can practice more instead of surprising everyone including the performer.

20. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

You perfectly know those stages are not what they meant. :^^;:

Didn't they apologise back in September or so saying that the stage was delayed?
    That was months after Boku no Taiyou was revived.
    And the Kojiharu thing happened because she's graduating + the girls who weren't in Cabasuka were bored and doing nothing.