[GENERAL] The MNL48 Thread

Discussion in 'General MNL48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 11, 2018.

1. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    If they doing the traditional 48G way then I guess they'll take 20 members top. I really can't imagine the budget planning for MNL tbh, taking 48 girls straight away must've been heavy for the budget. I mean judging at how 'cheap' their KFC looks like (sorry if anyone offended by this hhh), they should have at least try doing a temporary theater like SKE and JKT before auditioning 2nd gen. How expensive it is to rent a 250-300 seating venue in Phillipines? For the stages all three could perform the same stage since that'll save money for the costume, preferably A1-A3 stages since they don't have many songs and difficult costume

Cmiiw but other than personality test the 8th gen was in really bad timing since there aren't many regular member graduating while the kks keep adding up so they kinda 'forced' to graduate

2. hypothalamus

hypothalamus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Twitter:
    hypothalamus_
    Yeah, some members have backers. You'll notice it on how the other members went up or getting pushed.

3. welp

welp Next Girls

I don't know where is this came from but Thai wotas said MNL48's girls were offered yearly contract and most girls would not be offered contract renewal. Some said they would keep only the top 20 of the election, some said everyone, regardless of their election ranking, must re-take the audition and fight against general applicants.

Just because it has never happened before doesn't mean it can never happen. JKT also has created its own system.

4. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    That sounds harsh after all that messy audition :(, JKT system is similar to AKB system before Tokyo Dome shuffle they just added class B as the lowest caste

5. welp

welp Next Girls

JKT's system, albeit different, still in line with AKB's concept, just with systematic training(?). This system is a total different world. Most Thai wotas warm up to JKT, Team SH and Team TP but dislike MNL because it's too different and messy.

6. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    MNL48 interview it's showtime online 11919

if the video does not show watch the video here

7. roze_street

roze_street Kenkyuusei

March HSE and 1st gen concert on April woah

8. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Honesty, im not happy about the 2nd gen audition, if they only have 20-ish 1st gen members then it would be fine to add more members as 2nd gen, but they debuted a total of 48 members+KKS- if it was AKS decision to have a a new gen every year they should avoid getting a lot of members in the first place. I would be deeply sadden if other girls are force to graduate, they sacrifice so much especially schooling, some dont even have a chance to perform as senbatsu or unit grp or perform in their theater were they should pioneer in the first place(EXCEPT FOR GROUP PERFORMANCE,SEITANSEI,MINI CONCERT,HANDSHAKE,etc.). Some of the girls trained every single day knowing that they are force to graduate before they could even showcase their talents and improvement, it really hurts to just let them leave after all the hardwork they made.

Im not surprised HHE is a messed,im supporting because of the girls but the mgmt is a meeehh or a trash, if it werent for the girls effort i would have been a goner.
    I guess i shall expect a more low budget MV, a much lower quality than PFC and aitakatta and a whole new backlash and messy audition again. HHE rarely or never listen to fans at all, so our opinion doesn't really change anything since they are TOO CONFIDENT about their plans succeeding.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    I dont know where you got all these rumors but so far they are still just rumors so I won’t ponder much about it.

I think it’s the same as “Unfiltered MV will be released when you buy the album” rumor where one makes his own theory and everyone accepts it as a fact.

I’m not too keen with the 2nd gen either but my only concern will be that the underappreciated girls will have a harder time getting into the spotlight. But I wont take it to an extreme where I’ll believe about forced graduation because there is no basis about it.

If there’s one positiv thing about this is that I believe even from the start, KuroP has high expectation about MNL48 to decide having a full 48 membered group + KKS and a 2nd gen (which he announced last yr). It is such a big investment and risk to go in that path so early but they prolly had some basis or research before they decided to go this extreme.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  10. roze_street

roze_street Kenkyuusei

I think it's the timing that's wrong. 2nd gen this year is inevitable. But they have no theater yet and no 3rd single announcement yet. There is also no i-school replacement yet. They didn't even waited for AKB Asia Fes to finish. We literally do not have content rn and they announced the least thing the fans wanted.

Maybe if management waited for a little bit, maybe fans backlash is less.

EDIT
    Can I just say, I am not really liking how other wotas think they're above everyone else just because they attended more events and buy a lot of merch.

I personally just attended one mall show and I haven't attended any 'official' events due to distance and I am also just waiting for the right even that for me is a must to go.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  11. AlexWulf

AlexWulf Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

You've got to check social media right now. Sister group interactions galore.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Old Old x 1
  13. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    And I LOVE it :^O^:

14. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Palusot ko'y maybe

if the video does not show watch the video here

15. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    Which one? I follow way too many 48G member lol

16. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
  17. Rashbell

Rashbell Member

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    they just sung MANILA 48, now i want to hear the whole version! :blush::blush::blush:

• Like Like x 2
  18. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    I got news over at Reddit that MNL48 will appear at the Lipa Love Fest on Feb. 16 in Batangas.

19. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    Bro. Did you guys SEE those subunits?

Abby and Sheki KILLED IT

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Mmmarky

Mmmarky Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sunrui
    Twitter:
    MmmarkISS
    Sheki's energy during the unit performance of blue Rose is a WOW! It was way over the top compared to the others lol but in a good way tho

Since MNL48 performed party ga hajimaru yo, I think there's a big chance that there 1st stage for their theatre is akb48 team A's 1st stage

• Like Like x 3