[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. sheiscyber

sheiscyber Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina

Attached Files:

2. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

@STS -- Thanks for the excellent food for thought about age/gender balance in AKB, Nogi and Keyaki fandom. The results are from a LINE survey done in July, so would represent balances within LINE users, I guess.

Gender balance:
    AKB 58/42 male/female.
    Nogi 66/34. I was surprised that AKB fandom was more balanced than Nogi.
    Keyaki 56/44 (both Kanji and Hiragana). I was not surprised that Keyaki was closest to 50/50.

Age distribution (percent):
    AKB 04/13/22/25/21/15 (teens/20s/30s/40s/50s/60s). I was shocked at how few teens there were, but perhaps I shouldn't have been. Weighted to people in their 40s.
    Nogi 15/28/19/20/13/5. Weighted to people in their 20s.
    Keyaki 21/24/18/20/12/5. Fairly even balance teens/20s/30s/40s, with highest numbers in their 20s.

I'm not sure how much weight to give this particular survey, but it seems close to anecdotal reports.

@sheiscyber -- It's great to have "buzz," but I would rather they had won the "best group video" over the Momoiro CloverZ video for Blast! Maybe I'm just biased, but both Futari Saison and Fukyouwaon did more for me. Although I do admit that the idea behind the MomoKuro video was cute and interesting, and the group is skillful (though not producing a music I myself particularly enjoy).

The period covered was 1 August 2016 to 1 August 2017. The nomination committee was made up of MTV creative directors around the world. They were supposed to choose nominees that were excellent by international standards. There was voting by the public, but as I read the description, the creative directors made the decision on winners, just making sure that their choices got good support from the public.

@too much idea -- Thanks so much for the translation. I find it frustrating that so many can write so much about the tour (Sugai, Oda, Satou, Neru...) without us learning any more about what was going on with Techi. Neru may or may not have hinted at some blame/encouragement. Satou referred to "our centre, of whom we are so proud." Sugai talks about removing the clouds so the sun can shine on the sunflower(s), which might refer to Zumiko. More than one person used a word that could mean either "difficulties" or "conflicts" (kattou 葛藤). None of this is enough to give me any basis for interpretation.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  3. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    @STS
    Interesting charts you shared. Pretty interesting how AKB48 is more towards the older audience (4% in the teens!?), while Keyakizaka46 (especially) and Nogizaka46 more popular towards the younger audience... Also surprised a two-to-one male over female in Nogizaka46, while Keyakizaka46, although still male dominated, quite popular for the girls as well.

4. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Apparently in another LINE survey, respondents ranked their favorite idol groups:
    Perfume topped the overall rankings, but Nogizaka was #1 for males. Keyakizaka came about halfway down the top ten for both males and females.
    Overall Ranking
    1. Perfume: 9.82%
    2. Nogizaka46: 8.75%
    3. Momoiro Clover Z: 8.03%
    4. E-girls: 6.86%
    5. AKB48: 4.7%
    6. Keyakizaka46: 4.56%
    7. TWICE: 2.11%
    8. BABYMETAL: 1.61%
    9. Morning Musume. ’17: 1.56%
    10. Dempagumi.inc: 1.26%

Males:
    1. Nogizaka46: 12.78%
    2. Momoiro Clover Z: 8.8%
    3. Perfume: 8.55%
    4. E-girls: 6.42%
    5. AKB48: 5.96%
    6. Keyakizaka46: 5.6%
    7. BABYMETAL: 2.47%
    8. Dempagumi.inc: 1.89%
    9. NMB48: 1.63%
    10. Morning Musume. ’17: 1.62%

Females:
    1. Perfume: 10.88%
    2. Momoiro Clover Z: 7.38%
    3. E-girls: 7.22%
    4. Nogizaka46: 5.39%
    5. Keyakizaka46: 3.69%
    6. AKB48: 3.66%
    7. TWICE: 2.56%
    8. Morning Musume. ’17: 1.52%
    9. BABYMETAL: 0.89%
    10. Dempagumi.inc: 0.74%

5. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    also!!! The survey polled 570,000 people participated. it's a lot, very! this can not be ignored!
    Also I notice that AKB48 is much more popular on the periphery (not Tokyo area), not in Kanto. but 46G is much more popular in the metropolitan region.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  6. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    The reason why AKB has okder fans could be from the fact that their fans grew up with the group.
    If someone was 15 when they supported AKB in 2009, they would be 23 this year and so on.

The chart shows that AKB failed to regenerate their fanbase and appealing to the younger audience.

Speaking of charts, you could also see the charts in Joysound. Keyaki has 51% male against 49% female, with most female under 34 years old and have a near balanced number for male under 34 and under 19

7. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Not to mention idols were pretty niche for a few years until AKB formed so their base was already quite old when they started.

8. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
  9. makerjinx

makerjinx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
  10. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
  11. ariadne32391

ariadne32391 Member

Oshimen:
    watanaberika
    I think you mentioned a lot of great points. It's not confusing at all. It's a great insight and wonderfully written.

I couldn't quite put my finger on it before but reading your post made me realize what it was that made me excited and at the same time anxious about where Keyaki will go from here on out.

12. ariadne32391

ariadne32391 Member

Oshimen:
    watanaberika
    I haven't really connected that much with Fuuchan but maaaan what a person! No wonder the members really look up to her. I am glad there is someone like her in Keyaki. Reading her blog made me realize how young Keyaki is, members' age and as well as the group as whole. I think it's easy to forget that as they have achieved so much in a short time. It's easy to forget they're still a 2-year old group that's still learning and growing.

I do feel like the members have stronger ambitions for Keyaki as a whole more than their own personal ambitions.

13. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Fuu-chan gives us the most info yet on the summer -- although still not enough to really know what was going on with Techi. Except for: "Hirate, this summer I once again realized that you are the youngest in the group." Thanks, @too much idea.

I must say, none of the members has written anything that sounds to me like: "It was terrible that Hirate was so exhausted." I'm still wondering if the situation was more complicated than that.

I wonder what Fuu-chan meant by "If it weren’t for Manaka, the current Hirate wouldn’t exist"? Manaka's rebellious and independent spirit?

The most wonderful and amazing thing to me in the piece was that the members themselves apparently got to decide whether to perform with a substitute centre or with a space where Techi would have been, if Techi wasn't available.

14. glsone

glsone Member

And it does not sound like it was a unanimous decision. I wonder if staff did it on purpose to see how the girls would manage to hash it out amongst themselves when it would have been much easier for management to make the call.

I don't recall hearing anything of the like happening in Nogizaka; everything always sounds like management calls all the shots. But then again the nogis are much more private so it could have happened and they just never said anything.

15. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Thank you @ariadne32391 I guess we just need to wait and see what's planned ahead. I'll cross my fingers until the next single

But I have to say, after reading Fuuchan blog translation (thanks a lot fot that!!!) I'm a bit less concerned.

The fact that the girls are talking and even sharing different points of view is the best revelation Fuuchan could do because it means they're actively taking hold of their path and confronting each other about it. Which means they aren't just there taking whatever comes their way but shaping - or trying to - their present and their future. It gives us a glimpse of the girls' personalities and how much they care about Keyaki, but I think - and I may be completely wrong here, just a feeling - that sometime a blog is not just for fans; sometime a blog is also a way to remind your own comrade they are not alone. To make them notice that those who may don't speak up when in group do it in private and care more about the whole that they may think.
    A way to put black on white "this is the situation. We are in this together. I love you all. You all love Keyaki. Keep kicking." or something like this lol.

As for Techi.. I feel I could write 10 different hypothesis and be right and wrong with each one of them, so I'd spare you all.
    For now. :fear:

16. drazaar

drazaar Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nagaomariya
    I originally thought maybe techi was tired/frustrated at the constant pressure and was "throwing a fit" not wanting to perform. That hasn't really changed tbh but at least everyone is trying their best together that much we know for sure~

17. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I look forward to @Dill's hypotheses, and to expounding my own. But not yet. If ever. I have no confidence in any of my hypotheses, but @drazaar's instinct is similar to my own. Not that I would blame her for it. As Neru says in her blog today, life is hard for everyone. And it really is.

1. Wondering what kind of song next time. I think they need a break from the social revolution songs. When I first saw Fukyouwaon (which I love) I thought it might seem a bit overblown and too much like SaiMajo to some people. "Not this again!" people might think. Maybe it's time for a thoughtfully romantic song like Futari Saison again.

2. In that case, can we look at another centre? I doubt it. They are still climbing the hill, and need to keep up the momentum that the album has only increased. But maybe management can rearrange people for coupling songs, and take pressure off Techi by resting her from more of them and placing her elsewhere than at centre for some.

Putting Zumiko at centre seems natural, but could break her as she has just returned from hiatus. Mon and Pon are the only two I can envisage. But I'm afraid this isn't the time.

18. ariadne32391

ariadne32391 Member

Oshimen:
    watanaberika
    I am also looking forward to more of your hypotheses. :)

If I remember correctly, I think Fu chan might be referring to the time when Hirate was not in a good condition and Manaka was glued to her. I think she was always by Techi's side during that time. Maybe that might be it?

19. Jedrien

Jedrien Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    CM

if the video does not show watch the video here

if the video does not show watch the video here

20. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017