[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    I'm at a loss for words. Only thing I can say is that I don't know who do I feel more sorry for: 1ki, 2ki or new 2ki. What a mess.

I actually think this is what will happen. The Keyaki brand is too linked with their "cool" concept and now with new name they'll be able to move away from that image without people complaining. It's a shame because it's totally unnecessary.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    One thing that’s not gonna happen is them giving us songs like Hinata. Nobody needs that Happy Aura stuff and it wouldn’t suit the girls anyways. I hope they give us songs like FS and although I doubt we’ll be getting “edgy” bangers like Garasu we’ll still get “artistic” songs. Hate it or not their brand as being artists during Keyaki era was a huge success so I hope mgmt doesn’t let that go.

I’m sad Ofc when they were showing their images from the 1st to 7th single it was so depressing. So much history. I will continue to support them. They’re the same girls with huge potential. I hope everyone else continues to support them too.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    According to the article, which seems to post the transcript of Captain Yuuka speech, it said that they only change their name. I read from how Yuuka speak that they will be much stronger, I believe they won't leave their true identity.
    Moreover, in that speech, it also revealed that the name change was the decision made by members and management.

Article source: https://www.nikkansports.com/m/entertainment/news/202007160000787_m.html?mode=all

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Rev4

Rev4 Member

I hope this means they change back the name to Toriizaka46.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    If a name change is necessary to give the fans new music and let the members be active again, I'm all for it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

the girls did great, the cameraman were mvp
    name change is just a copout
    and management surely proves it this time that it was just techizaka
    changing the name is a message to the remaining girls that they are not good enough to carry on the name of keyakizaka

"protecting keya they said", no this is management letting Keya die
    at least NGT management had the balls to not change their name

but hey whatever, just imagine trying to explain to new fans in the future how complicated the story of how hinatzaka and sakurzaka came to be

• Winner Winner x 6
  7. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    People are worrying about a lot of stuff right now, and rightly so.
    Name, (because we risk having a really really lame name instead of our cool one), color (pink being the most hated... again, why cange it?) graduations, Shiichan going on hiatus and perhaps never coming back to a new group... and losing Keyakitte and with it Sawabe and Tsucchi.

Personally, I'm more concerned about Takahiro, who really gave Keyaki the standards we are used to and whom would be a great loss for the group if things change
    here his tweet
    https://twitter.com/TAKAHIRO_UENO_/status/1283768587212054530

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I'm still shocked about this news, I guess we were too optimistic about what to expect since we all assumed it'll be a new single or album.
    This is pretty sad because it reinforced the idea of "Keyaki = Techi".
    This last single will be released only digitally from what I read so it's kind of weird to count it as the 9th single since Nogi is releasing a digital single too but it's labeled as special single and not as the 26th single.
    Also from what I read in the official website it doesn't seem it's just a name change like Smilage did to become Angerme. They're actually disbanding as Keyaki I and starting again as a new group, it's basically what Hinata girls did to be where they are now (disbanding as Hiragana and leaving Keyaki to become Hinata). When they release a single as the new group it'll be technically the 1st single. Of course they'll be singing Keyaki songs too just like Hinata used perform Hiragana songs at the beginning but I expect to leave that behind as time goes by.

Anyway I wish the best for the girls and I hope things will be much better for them.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Siniy

Siniy Member

Twitter:
    _LeCielVAN
    Upset. Just upset.

Keyaki girls are too good for S&F :asdfgh:

Riot

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. radcliffezky

radcliffezky Kenkyuusei

Meanwhile, future's fans of [whatever]zaka..

[oversize image]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    Disappointing news. Definitely the most WTF moment in keyaki history, for me at least.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. keyak

keyak Upcoming Girls

Well, I can always thank Keyaki for taking, or more so shocking, me out of my break from J-pop.

:fp::fp::fp:

Name-change? Seriously, mngmt? That was the best you could do? Just throw away everything the 1ki girls sweat tears and blood to build, the name that 2ki girls admired and yearned to be a part of, the group that FANS (does mgmt even care about us?) cherished, supported, and fought Internet wars for. C'mon now.

Feels dreadfully sad that the fans and the members weren't able to "protect" Keyakizaka after all, despite their wishes. I don't buy that crap that everyone was in on the name change. What a load of :poop:. All the members, including 2ki, loved Keyakizaka and what their group stood for.

Man, so pissed. We all knew we were in for some major changes after Techi left but seriously, this is too much. What would a name-change even accomplish?! I don't understand the goals here. All this is saying is that the girls can't carry Keyaki's name without Techi moving forward. That they can't pull-off Keyaki's former songs, concept, and identity without Techi. Can't imagine how the girls truly feel about this :yikes:

What a waste of potential, I mean how can you look at girls like Morita Hikaru and Yamasaki Ten and dare think that they can't pull off Keyaki's concept?

But on the upside, I hope their "rebirth" will bring about positive changes to the group. Remember that Yuuka once said there were many things the members wanted to do but can't do (as Keyakizaka). So echoing the others here, I'll continue to the support the new group when that time comes. After all, Hiragana completely blossomed (they are booked and busier than ever) after their rebirth as Hinatazaka, don't see why Keyaki won't do the same.

If anyone's in the mood for speculating, do ya'll think that maybe the true reason for this name/brand change is because management wants Techi to carry out Keyaki's legacy rather than the current Keyaki girls themselves? We all know that Techi is a now a solo artist/actress under S&F, and I don't doubt that management wants to continue milking the hell out of her (and rightfully so, as she brings massive headlines). She's also only friggin 19 years old, pretty much unlimited potential ahead of her.

My theory is that management wants Techi to continue delivering Keyakizaka-type songs moving forward, which means the actual Keyakizaka group needs to get rebranded into something different so that they don't clash with Techi / aren't completing with her for songs. Which is why I think that new group will have a vastly different concept and color - no more rebellious youth, us-against-the-world type songs but something more mellow and brighter, especially to suit the more high fashion, feminine vibe of 2ki girls who will become the future of the group.

I would not be too opposed to that. [hehe]

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

What the hell? No more Keyakizaka46? Is there going to be a reboot? Whatever happened to "climbing the zelkova hill" together? Did we reach that hill and thus we need a "new" group and "new" name?

14. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Techi is no longer climbing along so I guess we're all giving up.

The rumored new name is "Sakurazaka" and I can't really see that name fitting with Keyaki's concept. But we'll see, Keyaki's concept is what set them apart from the other two Sakamichi groups but if they change it it will be hard for them to keep up with Nogi and Hinata.

15. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    If they needed to do this move and change Keya's name of course is because THAT Keyaki concept will no longer exist. So Sakurazaka could be "fitting" for what this new group will be about.
    I am really curious to see if there's gonna be a mass graduation, or most of the members will still be on this new group.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

Wasn't Sakurazaka from a rumor that they were going to form a group out of the Kenshuusei? I wouldn't bet money on that name.

Speaking of Kenshuusei, remember when they said the members got to decide which group they wanted to join? I wonder if any of them are regretting their decision to join Keyaki now? I would feel ripped off by management. Literally a bait and switch.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    I doubt they have reached the hill. What's with the girls getting out/gotten off the picture left and right (from Zuumin, Mona, to Techi), Hiragana keyaki not given the chance to be Keyaki (because the 21nin senbatsu was just oh so sacred, that the hiragana was relegated/designated as the b-sides girls (thankfully they have become Hinata now, they are doing great and Ohisamas love them)) and new girls hasn't properly gotten into the picture (2ki). The girls tried. But reaching the hill? Maybe the 1ki got close once. But together, with all girls? Don't think so. Maybe the girls stopped or were stopped. Yeah, I think that the "rebranding" is a cheap way-out for Keyaki/mgmt to weasel out of whatever "predicament" they seem to be having and prolonging for so long, instead of facing it head-on.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    Translated Dare Kane lyric

• Like Like x 5
  19. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    That's why I think they're gonna do this reboot and changing group's name: they're not gonna perform anymore their Keyaki discography when they will reborn as a new group.
    Most of keyaki's songs are really exhausting to perform live, and they caused several problems to members. And most of these songs are really "Techi" related, with that absolute center thing, and nobody wants/could fill that spot. The only way to cancel their old discography to be performed live and erase that image of "we are the edgy ones", is to close the Keya chapter and restart as a new group with a different concept (maybe more similar to other 46 groups?), and new songs and performances.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. DelicateEmpress

DelicateEmpress Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Sakurazaka was rumored to be a completely new group for the Kenkyuushei and the name was around since early 2019 so probably it won’t be it. Well, I hope we wouldn’t land on that name

Sakamichi series really stands out because every group has their own distinct colour. I wonder how far from the original Keyaki concept would they go. And it shouldn’t clash with Nogi, Hinata or even Yoshimoto too. Should they go “transparent” and just do every concept possible?