[GENERAL] The SKE48 Thread

Discussion in 'General SKE48 Discussion' started by RocketStarLauncher, Oct 7, 2008.

1. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    YES Please! KAWAII summer song please!:cute::cute::cute:

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Mimikkyu

Mimikkyu Member

Oshimen:
    48G itself.
    Some people on 5ch and reddit said that because of the impending departure of Hirano Momona and the fact that the 11th generation only have 6 people, a 12th generation audition may be needed soon.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Yes I think they might have new auditions, if not this year, then probably at the beginning of next year. Currently without counting Momotan, Team S has 16 members, Team KII has 16 members, and Team E has 17 members... They need at least 16 members to perform their stages (the new original ones). Actually, surprisingly, they've been performing the stages quite regularly despite this. KII has exactly 16 members, and they performed the new stage around 10 times with those members since December. I guess they have the time for it, I mean 10 times isn't a lot but it's pretty good imo. Anyway, there are still 6 11th gen KKS that aren't promoted, I guess the best thing is to divide them in 2-2-2 and promote them to each team...

It's possible that if there is no other graduation for some months, they can just continue like this since they seem to find the time to have all 16 members at the theater. and they could always start using the KKS as unders. But yeah by next year, I guess, they'll really need a new gen... I just hope that by then, the 11th gens will have more work and better promotion.

4. Mimikkyu

Mimikkyu Member

Oshimen:
    48G itself.
    Anan from Team S will graduate soon. Without Momotan and Anan, Team S will have only 15 people by July which may not be enough to perform their current stage.
    They will have to either pull one member from KII/E or push at least one kenkyuusei to Team S.
    I guess either Hara Yune or Kurumin/Riitan/Sakkuu will be pushed. I think these teenagers can substitute Momotan and Anan.
    An early 12th generation audition is also to be expected.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2023
  5. Izzy Trinh

Izzy Trinh Future Girls Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    AKB48 Yukirin, AKB48 Naamin
    I hope they promote 11ki to Team S and KII instead of E. Since S and KII desperately need new members now and with the upcoming new stage for E, I don't think any member from team E will graduate before the shonichi. As having 17 members now, one of them won't be able to perform in the shonichi which is disappointing.
    I remembered seeing the rumor somewhere they will promote Yunee to Team E but I hope that it won't be real. Half of the senbatsu now are from Team E and with Kumachan, Ouchan, Mirei, Maayan I don't think E has any more spots for new ACE.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Like Like x 3
  7. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Ogiso Shiori and Kizaki Yuria visit the theater.

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 2
  8. Mimikkyu

Mimikkyu Member

Oshimen:
    48G itself.
    Will SKE48's Team KII be renamed Team K after the team system in AKB48 got abolished?

• Like Like x 1
  9. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I’m at Line Cube Shibuya for the Team S Spring Concert - Makiko has come on stage and has announced 12th Gen audition applications starting tomorrow, then on 9/29-10/1 at Century Hall Nagoya there’ll be RH Best 100 concerts and a 15th Anniversary show.

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Mimikkyu

Mimikkyu Member

Oshimen:
    48G itself.
    My prediction came true less than a month after I wrote it.

Last edited: May 5, 2023
  11. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Team E original stage announced. Produced by Hyadain.

this is amazing!!! Another great producer who has a very unique sound to him. I hope they have at least one song that sounds like LinQ’s LinQuest

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I'm not surprised they're having a new gen, the group is starting to lack members to have 3 full teams of 16 members (+ unders) and it's been a year since 11th gen, which was a small generation too. I wish 11th gen got better promotion (they don't even have their own Twitter accounts yet) but well, maybe management will give them more once they get promoted...

Btw for the 12th gen audition, there's apparently an age limit of 12-18. I think their previous auditions accepted anyone from age 10(?) and above (no limit for older). This is interesting, especially considering the aces of the 2 previous gens were outside of this age range at their debut lol (Mirei was 10 and Yune was 20). Also I think the 12th gen will be a big one...

13. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Wondering if the 1st gen will appear at those 15th anniversary shows, as Jurina suggested... ;)

14. Mimikkyu

Mimikkyu Member

Oshimen:
    48G itself.
    It will be great if Jurina herself appear and declare an end of her hiatus there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    To be honest, I doubt it. SNH Group didn't change team names either after splitting from AKB Group

16. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    • Like Like x 5
  17. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    [​IMG]

Prima Stella's own TV show is starting tomorrow:
    "SKE48 Prima Stella no Kirakira dai hōsō " (SKE48プリマステラのキラキラ大放送)

It's broadcasted on BS11, 05/21, 2h00 am

There's a dedicated Twitter acount
    https://twitter.com/BS11_ske48Prima

Official site:
    https://www.bs11.jp/entertainment/ske48-primastella-kirakira/

* It's not certain if Asai Yuka can show up for the 1st show, she is on hiatus for health reasons.
    EDIT: It looks like she does

https://twitter.com/Ouka_ske0226/status/1659923159594987522
    https://twitter.com/airiSKE48_0921/status/1659937203416633344

(It's confusing, the official site says 05-21, 2h00 am, while the official Twitter says 05-21, 26h00 (which sounds 05-22, 2h00 am)

Last edited: May 21, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  18. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Makiko, Egochan and Aaaya react to CGM48's MV for 'Sansei Kawaii':

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  19. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 3
  20. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Tokyo Sport's article about SKE48's current theater shows:
    DeepL:

Komuro Tetsuya and Night Tempo followed by Hyadain providing the music! Why SKE48 is so obsessed with new performances.

Team E of the idol group SKE48 will start its first original performance "Koedashite Ikōze! ! !" on 15 July. will start. Following Team S's "Ai wo Kimi ni Ai wo Boku ni" performance (starting in May 2022) and Team KII's "Jikan ga nai" performance (starting in December 2010), all three teams will now have new original performances. Why is SKE48 so proactive in launching new performances that cost a huge amount of money? We followed up on the reasons.

'All of the songs are very exciting, befitting the title of the performance,' and 'Please look forward to the upcoming performance.' Positive voices can be heard from SKE48's management company, Zest Corporation, ahead of the first day of the show, which is coming up in about a month and a half. Following the Team S performance produced by Tetsuya Komuro and the Team KII performance with music provided by Korean DJ Night Tempo and others, the company seems to have considerable confidence in the success of the new Team E performance.

For the Team E performance, Hyadain, known for writing lyrics for Momoiro Clover Z's "Ikuze! Kaitō Shōjo" and "Coco☆Natsu" and "W.W.D." by Denpa Gumi Inc, who wrote the lyrics for four of the songs. Hyadain is a person who thinks from the fans' point of view. The title of the performance is "Koedashite Ikōze! ! !". He understands our current situation (now that we can perform with our voices out), so he provides us with the songs. The upper and catchy songs are a great match for Team E.' (SKE official).

It is said that tens of millions of yen are required to launch a new show, including music, costumes (over 80 new costumes for the new Team S show and over 100 new costumes for the Team KII show), choreography, lighting, recording and music video production, with the two new shows that started last year costing a total of approximately 100 million yen (estimated ) in production costs. Nevertheless, the SKE48 business performed well in last year's financial results revealed in February by Zest's parent company, KeyHolder Inc. This is also because the investment in new performances has led to a virtuous cycle of producing large returns.

The ratio of applications to attend the first day of the Team KII performance was approximately 30 times, the highest since SKE48 moved to ZEST in March 2019. The biggest reason for starting a new performance is to get customers to come to the theatre. The response has been great and the number of applications (to attend) has increased significantly" (Zest official). The number of monthly subscribers to the internet streaming of theatre performances has been rising steadily due to the effect of the new performances, and while there are several pillars of earnings in running an idol group, including CD and merchandise sales and event appearances, last year SKE48's earnings were largely driven by the digital division. The strong performance of digital content, such as the distribution of theatre performances and the members' mobile e-mail service, contributed significantly to SKE48's business turning profitable.

The new performances are not only profitable, but also increase fans' enthusiasm for the group: on 29, 30 September and 1 October, just before SKE48's 15th anniversary (5 October), SKE48 held the first general election for songs in five years, the 'Request Hour (Riku Hour)'. 'I'm really looking forward to it because it looks like all the songs from the three teams' new shows will be up for voting. I'm going to vote for 'Ascend the Stairs of Dreams! or the unit song in Team E's new performance in which Kurashima Kyomi will participate" (Director Mikiya Takasu, Takasu Clinic Nagoya Clinic), fans are already excited. With the aim of using the original performances as a springboard to accelerate the group's momentum, it was decided early last year that all teams would start new performances and then hold a recuirwa.

Takeshi Fujita, Director of Management Department 1 at ZEST, who is responsible for SKE48's operations, says: "I think that by having theatre performances in teams, it leads to shining a light on various members. That's why we want to take care of the team and theatre performances. The theatre performances are the most core part of the group.

Media exposure for the 48 groups has been declining in recent years, partly due to the rise of Sakamichi. With the graduation of Akari Suda last year, SKE48 is also faced with the problem of having no nationally known members. --The new performance will be a "trump card" for surviving in the idol warring states era.

https://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/articles/-/264517

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1