[GENERAL] The STU48 Thread

Discussion in 'General STU48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    what if stu wotas power vote Chiho and Yumirin and they rank even higher,but no other girls rank

2. ET920

ET920 Member

They won't do that, every girl is on her own (aka, fans won't trade votes). For that to happen there must be real kizuna between members and fans as well, just like when Sae fans voted for Sayaka upon her fans' request. Right now every STU48 wota wants her girl to rank.

Not surprised that Yumirin ranked, she's the member pushed by management so gets the most air time and the higher chances of making into Top 80/100/120 (geez, 120 places this year?). Surprised that Fuu wasn't there, Shuu's votes are going somewhere else, or they don't find her sister appealing (as Keicchi's fans find Rei). Kind of surprised that Hinachan wasn't in the preliminaries, I don't expect more than one girl (Yumirin) to rank in the end result, but was thinking the top 3 should rank in preliminaries.

Regarding Chiho, last time I was around there weren't that many Chiho fans around that I remember, but I'm sure they appreciate her for having broadcasted 365 days in a row and feel attached to her. Kaotan didn't break into Senbatsu just as a joke, fans appreciated her for recording the 1komeda show for so long, showing so much backstage stuff that is always hidden. And Onishi is just as appreciated for being so consistent broadcasting so early in the morning every day (even if she failed to rank last year, it's obvious her fans are still supporting her fully). Wouldn't be surprised if Akarin makes an appearance now, but it seems her fans are fully pushing her SR Election position instead of the real one.

Kahotaru (nor Harurun) not ranking didn't surprise me. SR wotas are different from 48G wotas, they 1) care more about instant reward (like throwing 10 towers in an event to get an instant comment from the broadcaster); and 2) they are mostly professionals (lawyers, engineers, etc) and don't have the time nor the patience to get 1000 CDs shipped, open them all and cast votes for days. They are also background figures and are old (Kaho is turning 21 tomorrow, Harurun is already 22).

• Like Like x 4
  3. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Oricon News:

"The STU 48 in the Setouchi 7 prefecture base, which is the second general election, all 33 enrolled members are candidates for candidacy. We sent two people within the provisional 100 rank.

Yumiko Takino (20) served 53rd and Chiho Ishida (16), who had set the target 100th , went into 44th place.

Takino said "It is a pleasure to have voted for this number of votes in a short period of one day with a ranking of 53rd on the preliminary announcement.And last year because no one was called from STU 48, I am glad that you could call me the same first-year student, Chiho Ishida (44th place) '

20180531-00000305-oric-000-view.jpg

2112551_201805310893787001527706827c.jpg

https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2112551/full/

• Like Like x 2
  4. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Wait, they did? Which election was it?

I'm also surprised that Shuu's votes didn't transfer over to Fuu like Kei's to Rei, considering Fuu looks more similar to Shuu than Rei looks to Kei. Maybe it's because Rei stays in the same group as her sister while Fuu does not. Some wotas do have an attachment to the group.

For all we know, Hina and Fuu might be another case of slow burn. Although, the fact that yesterday they announced 120 members and they were nowhere to be found does make me worried. The chance for them to rank is still there tho.

5. Haruka Suzuki

Haruka Suzuki Member

Oshimen:
    Isogai Kanon
    Tbh I was expecting them to rank more from around the 80th - 120th place, but not seeing their names past the 70th place mark was the moment when I realised that STU can't send more members to the SSK this year, while Chiho was quite a pleasant surprise, I felt kinda sad and disappointed that the other STU girls couldn't even manage to rank from 80-120 in the prelim...

6. MrJeff2Seoul

MrJeff2Seoul Kenkyuusei

Forgive me for posting this here, but not sure what tab to search for... Is there any way I can vote in this election while living in America? There has to be a way to get past. I hope...

Also, thank you for the suggestion.

7. henx

henx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Try to ask @marioworldakb maybe he can help u

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

8. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

The cheap way is just to buy votes from a seller on this forum. The problem is that it is probably a bit too late for it since the cheapest CD option is from theater edition and the sale has ended for it. The recommended option from AKB is to buy the CD from https://akb48.buyee.jp/?lang=en which contains the code and they will email you the code directly so you don't have to wait for the CD to arrive. You can always choose to buy the CD from other shop (CDJapan, etc) but make sure to use the faster shipping option. Or like @henk says, ask @marioworldakb (or maybe other S48 members willing to help?)
    The non CD option normally requires you to have access to a Japanese phone number for verification thus not really a viable option for foreigners.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Naaruru

Naaruru Upcoming Girls

piyochan position as STU's #2 is in danger :censored:
    well, yumi-chiho as double center for the 2nd single is not a bad idea :fear:

10. qpet

qpet Future Girls

• Like Like x 1
  11. MrJeff2Seoul

MrJeff2Seoul Kenkyuusei

Ordered 1 of each. Off of Buyee. Haven't chose the shipping type yet. Thank you. I still have jet lag from my japan trip. Is amazing to see 4 nights of STU48 concerts. My friends there are not open when I asked about handshakes and voting. For some reason. I'm studying Japanese. STU48 is life. www

12. ET920

ET920 Member

The very first one. Sayaka fans were worried because they thought they were not going to get enough votes and asked Sae's to help her get into senbatsu. They thought Sayaka had gotten too few votes (maybe misled by Sayaka's fans?), supported her extensively and she ended up above Sae, which made them obfuscated (if not angry). It's a well-known story between Sae fans from back then.

No way, Rei looks more similar to Kei than Fuu to Shuu (damn these names). Shuu was plump, Fuu is slender and their faces are completely different. Kei and Rei are both exuberant, have the same body and their faces are getting similar and similar (at first I thought Rei was horible compared to Kei, but now that she learned how to use makeup and is getting older, their faces are becoming identical. However, I agree with you that it might be because NMB wotas don't want to transfer from the 3rd group of the franchise to the 6th (or lower if you consider the foreign groups).

Another $100 bucks thrown to SHOWROOM to keep Kahotaru as high as possible, but it might be hard for her to stick in senbatsu. The STU$8 draftees got plenty of free time (even though they might have time limits) and some big spending fans, Zunchan is raising and some of the Team 8 members are more active (Nanase, for example). Plus STU got several stages now and she won't be able to broadcast at night.

13. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    omg yikes, no wonder Sae ranked lower than Sayaka during first senkyo and then later, Sae rose and Sayaka dropped. What surprising is they probably knew about all this mess yet they're still bff, what a true friendship.

lmao, when they introduced Fuu, I actually could tell that she's her sister (maybe it's the eyes part?). Their personality is what separates both for me, Fuu is calmer than Shuu (then again it's Shuu, the bar ain't exactly high).

Rei was not that bad looking lol but not gonna lie, I had to SQUINT my eyes to find their similarities. Kei had a strong facial feature, and that's what made me remember her at first (until I saw her body from neck down for the first time which was quite an experience).

14. qpet

qpet Future Girls

karaoke SR 180602 12:00
    Paruto
    Honotan
    Nonchan
    Saki
    DenDHJiUcAA4Jip.jpg

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  15. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
  16. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    スクリーンショット 0030-06-02 11.22.00.png

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. ET920

ET920 Member

LOL, I love Rikachan! Let the girl enjoy it, she spends most of her time crying because Katomina and others bully her :awesome: Fortunately she got less work this time than last year so she can be more often online :awesome: Plus Onishi is getting more jobs this time so she is less active in SHOWROOM too :awesome:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
  19. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  20. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

That reminds me it's been the same "senbatsu" for like a year... Since it was the senbatsu members who went to TIF last year. The only difference is Kouko who replaced Sasshi...

I hope they'll mix it up soon. Nothing against the current senbatsu but I feel bad for the others since there hasn't really even been another chance to earn it. If the management had wanted to change things they do have some pushed girls who under front positions (Honoka, Kokoa, Cuca, etc) who would be fine...

Like I do get that it's much simpler this way for the past year of course. But obviously the exact same lineup gets a little boring after a while. Plus the new draft members should have a shot too, some of them are pretty popular, and even skill/experience-wise members like Yura would be totally fine.

I hope to see something interesting when we finally get boat performances and maybe a new single. Also please push Chiho, why is she in the back row so often? When I was still learning the members' names and faces, she was the last one I learned because her positions didn't have her standing out much at all. She has the popularity and skills so why not push her to front row? It would be cool to see more of her.

• Like Like x 3