Hiragana Keyakizaka46 1st Album [Hashiridasu Shunkan]「走り出す瞬間」 [18/06/20]

Discussion in 'Hinatazaka46 News and Releases' started by UrFavAsianGuy, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Hiraishin

Hiraishin Member

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Not a huge fan of Natsuiro no Mule, but I'm starting to get into it. Mirei's solo, as is Katoshi and Kyonko's, very nice to listen to.

3. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

There's a full-page ad for the album in the Nikkan Sports paper. I'm not sure if this is a good sign or a sign they know it needs more push. The sales figure is half what we've seen predicted here based on handshake sales. In my opinion, it's a fantastic album, but they may not yet have enough name-recognition for people to jump on it right away. As more of it gets played, perhaps the sales will climb. First place is still a great thing, however. I suspect that makes the members feel on top of the world.

[​IMG]

Lots of photos from publicity on the morning shows in this matome-site post.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  4. plus1plus1

plus1plus1 Kenkyuusei

@ukifune
    My understanding is that these sales are far above expectation. Well above most idol albums. People expected around 100,000 the first week not the first day.

Looking into it, Masshiro did 280,000 the first week. A strong week for Hiragana could approach 200,000 more likely 150,000. This is without a single so pretty great to me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  6. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    I hoped for 140k first day but proud of the girls<3<3<3

7. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Fantastic album. The songs are really good. I really like the Lead-song tho.

8. Hamasaki90

Hamasaki90 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    112k is not bad at all. TWICE debut album sold 130k in the first week, so Hiragana is doing great! I am hoping the album will have a long run on the chart :)

I hope this album will be enough to get them invited to Kouhaku Utagassen!

9. Isaac H

Isaac H Member Stage48 Donor

From the posts here, sounds like this is a great album.

Still patiently waiting for it to appear on iTunes & Spotify. If I remember correctly, I bought the Masshiro album & Garasu single on iTunes a few days after Japan's release date...so looks like it's gonna be the same waiting time. It'll be worth the wait. :)

10. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I expected 110k ish for first day. 200K for first week. We know by now 46 have longer staying power on charts. They will outsell any recent 48's sister group albums, no doubt. and I'm sure they will outsell Nogi's under album too... Hiragana HS sales are far much stronger than Nogi under's album HS sales

11. SilentBreeze

SilentBreeze Member

Senkou Hanabi ga Kieru Made is my fav now :)
    like it so much

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. hmmero

hmmero Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Risa & KAWADA₍₍ (ง ˙▿˙)ว ⁾⁾
    Twitter:
    horimeiko
    my favourite is 三輪車に乗りたい/Sanrinsha ni noritai(Memi Mirei song) and 夏色のミュール/Natsuiro no mule(i keep rewinding Kage's part "umi ni chikatzu kazu ni ita kuse ni") wish she had more parts in the album :\

13. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    112k is relatively healthy sales right there. For such a sister group? That's pretty impressive.

14. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Here are some more figures to put the first-day sales in further context: figures for first albums by other 46/48 groups.

Hiragana 1st day 112,912 - 1st week ????
    Kanji 1st day 184,947 - 1st week 279,093
    Nogi 1st day 160,177 - week 222,031
    Nogi unders 1st day 62,843 - week 101,396

AKB 1st day 189,884 - week 294,627 (2nd album; 1st was a low-selling compilation of hits)
    SKE 1st day 51,875 - week 110,613
    NMB 1st day 247,047 - week 328,436 (2nd album a bit less, 3rd much less...)
    HKT 1st day 105,255 - week 122,262

Figures from the Stage48 Oricon thread (album section). Others will understand the figures better than I. I'm sure there's a story behind each one. As for reaction in Japan, the first matome collections of posts are thrilled. And now so am I. This is an album released before there are any singles to bump up popularity, as @plus1plus1 says. Personally, although I know my taste is not necessarily the same as the general Japanese idol fan's taste, I find this such a good album that I really expect its sales to stay strong, as more and more people actually hear parts of it. And as Memi said today, the extras are luxurious. Lots of live performance.

As I was listening to the album today, I wondered about the vague rumour/hope I've read that they might be headed for international concerts. Hmmm.

I can't yet say which songs I like best, but I love the 2gens' Saizenretsu, for its great singing and harmonies. And I love Toshi's solo song: seems like it could be a hit on its own, to me. A real pop voice, with character. And also Kyonko's song. This is the full power and artistry of her voice. I love Oide Natsu. And I also love MeMiipan's Tricycle (or are they "FuransuPan"?). And Hiragana de Koi is wonderful, almost an anthem. Matches very well with their very first song, Hiragana Keyaki, which also talks about the simplicity and directness of hiragana.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Well, it already outsold the Nogi unders' first-week sales numbers - and the second day could end up surpassing it entirely - which is impressive...

Sorry if it was mentioned already, but it was an interesting decision to release the video content not on DVD but on Blu-ray...which sounds odd but pretty smart since we're much more familiar with HDTVs than in the past. Now do this for Nogizaka46's and Kanji Keyaki's next albums too!

• Like Like x 3
  16. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea

• Like Like x 4
  17. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    After listening to all of the new songs, I think this is one excellent album. I hope it continues to sell well in the weeks ahead. The Hiraganas are indeed a force to reckon with. And they are all so gorgeous!

18. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    But hiragana participated in the kanji album .they did handshakes in this album. This album was a kanji/hiragana album.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. plus1plus1

plus1plus1 Kenkyuusei

There's a lot of variety on this album so I imagine people's favorite songs will be all over the place. My favorites so far:
    Igokochi Waruku (Kyoko), Halloween (Lima Cantik), Konna Seiretsu (1st gen), Senko Hanabi (Miku/Suzuka/Konoka), and Sharin ga Kishimu (Hiragana).

Sharin, I noticed, gets a lot of high praise from people that saw it live. These three solos on the album are certainly somewhere within the top five solos in Keyakizaka. Actually, I think the solos should get MVs even.

I think the 2nd gen units songs were quite a bit stronger than the ones with them all together. And I liked Mijukana a lot more than Zenretsu. Mijukana will probably end up being a favorite for me.

Of course, I enjoyed Kyoko's role across the album. I'm glad she did her own backing vocals on her solo. Katoshi was very strong on Knock. Kyoko/Katoshi work very well together across the album but particularly on Seiretsu. Just waiting on my Blu-rays now.

20. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1